First Son
1 posts

Re: Countering Bow

Jul 4, 2013

I'm a frequent Bow user online, went through almost 5 weeks when I started playing solely using the Bow. The one thing that usually can keep people away from my arrows, is popping in and out of car and constantly moving. If you are crouched behind something and continuosly just try to pop up and down or in and out of the cover, I have no trouble shooting an arrow through you. However, when moving between cover I have to guess what position you will be coming up in, so no matter what distance you are, try to run into seperate types of cover as quickly as you can and you can usually avoid a Bow player.

Message 11 of 19 (154 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Thanks for the tips man I tried to use the burst rifle and I hate that gun even more than I already did.  I will use the 9mm again though, don't know why I stopped using it. I also give the sprinting mixed with walking a try. 

Message 12 of 19 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jul 4, 2013

devonjames-25_ wrote:

Instead of discussing how the Bow is OP, cause its not, I want to hear some tips on countering a bow user in close, mid, and long range engagement. Particularly long range were the Bow is able to shot you from tight angles. In those cases I just **bleep** out by throwing a smoke and run away. :smileyembarrassed:

If you hit'em once, get right back into cover. If you got hit once, also get back into cover. If you're alone, try to sneak. If you're with a buddy, try to flank'em. Avoid open fights against bows - you'll always lose if you're opponent has decent aim. Just my 2 cents. Cheers

Message 13 of 19 (136 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6428 posts

Jul 4, 2013

The bow is OP and I use it now. I could explain how it is but I don't wanna take up another thread because there are a lot of Bow threads right now.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Message 14 of 19 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
343 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

As it may have previously been said I generally tend to pop my head out of cover so they let fly with their first arrow then quickly duck and move. They need to maintain their standing position to 'draw' the next arrow giving you ample chance to get in a couple of head shots before ducking again.

If they are mid range then rushing them seems to work well.

Message 15 of 19 (122 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3236 posts

Jul 4, 2013

ScreamAimFire999 wrote:

The bow is OP and I use it now. I could explain how it is but I don't wanna take up another thread because there are a lot of Bow threads right now.

No.

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Message 16 of 19 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Sep 26, 2013

I concur, good points. I've just released my bow build. Check it out.

Message 17 of 19 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
248 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2013

All my weapons counter bow. Revolver/Hunting Rifle/Shotgun.

Long Range, my sniper wins this battle easily. Mid range, I'm getting faster shots with my revolver than they can shoot bows.

Short range is the easiest. Usually run from one side or the other and a simple shotgun to the face. Bow users are generally some of the easiest targets for me. The only time they're deadly is when they have the drop on you. And that;s your own fault for not paying attention. Can't even remember the last time they got me when I didn't know they were there.

Also bow ppl are easiest to kill with a upgraded melee as well.

~Do the Impossible, See the Invisible~
 photo 751de066-2c16-41a9-adff-091a26c3fdf9.jpg
Message 18 of 19 (50 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 26, 2013

Definitely not OP

Unless you're caught off guard or low on health, your best bet is to try to dodge and wait for the other guy to shoot you,
if they miss, this is your chance to strike back, try to land every shot as possible and even i if they hit you now
they still need another arrow to down you, at which point you sould already have taken him out.

Now if im caught off guard and get hit with an arrow before i can react, i just run as far away as humanly possible :smileyhappy:

Message 19 of 19 (42 Views)
0 Likes