Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1293 posts

Re: DLC Trailer and Patch Infos

Oct 15, 2013

So what I'm seeing with these patch notes is that basically the welfare system is now increased.

Now out the gate if your team is winning even after you hit three crates your team can not get a 2x4.

Even some one doing poor on the winning team still will not?

So at the beginning of the match killing a few of their players basically nets your team ineligibility for a chance for the 2x4 but now the losing team will now be given them?

Funny how that tries to come off as balance.

So not only are you giving the losing team an item your completely taking it away from the wining team.

Ie. not the same as the mollie welfare system where if you still hit double the crates you can still get one.

Now it becomes impossible for the 2x4 if your winning.

I shoot you first, I die= you lag. Vice versa not applicable.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 36 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16258 posts

Oct 15, 2013
You haven't even played it, yet. Have a little ******* patience and see what happens empirically.

FFS.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 36 (257 Views)
Naughty Paw
5849 posts

Oct 15, 2013

actually it seems like they tweaked the welfare to be more fair. by what i read, it wont have a huge affect if you are losing by a little, and when the losers are given crafted explosives and machetes, they wont get more for a set while.

sounds good to me. calm down, this was a positive effect to the welfare.

oh hey scoot's back!

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 36 (248 Views)
Gaming Beast
1979 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 15, 2013

BirthBS wrote:
Lucky you!!i'll get them tomorrow.

Should've been timelocked anyway, but the risk of Remington and Glock mobs would've made them remove the lock faster than light.

E: Timelocked till EU gets it of course, for a reason so obvious, even a preschooler would know.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 36 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
101 posts

Oct 15, 2013

smugglin_yoyos wrote:

So what I'm seeing with these patch notes is that basically the welfare system is now increased.

Now out the gate if your team is winning even after you hit three crates your team can not get a 2x4.

So at the beginning of the match killing a few of their players basically nets your team ineligibility for a chance for the 2x4 but now the losing team will now be given them?

So not only are you giving the losing team an item your completely taking it away from the wining team.

Ie. not the same as the mollie welfare system where if you still hit double the crates you can still get one.

Actually, the exact opposite has happened.  The comeback system took a bit of a hit this patch when it comes to both pre-crafted items and 2x4s.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 36 (211 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Oct 15, 2013

Thank you for making the 2x4 much rarer.  This will help my KDR tremendously since I am about 12 for 567 in modded 2x4 battles. LOL

The leaderboards need to be scrapped and re-done.  You might as well reset and re-do them now because right now it's completely garbage and useless.  

There's a problem that you try to focus on team play and not focused on KDR and more focused on obtaining parts/per minute.  This idea is very flawed because TLOU is deathmatch variant and there needs to be some kind of leaderboard in regards to KDR IMO.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 36 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
101 posts

Oct 15, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Thank you for making the 2x4 much rarer.  This will help my KDR tremendously since I am about 12 for 567 in modded 2x4 battles. LOL

The leaderboards need to be scrapped and re-done.  You might as well reset and re-do them now because right now it's completely garbage and useless.  

There's a problem that you try to focus on team play and not focused on KDR and more focused on obtaining parts/per minute.  This idea is very flawed because TLOU is deathmatch variant and there needs to be some kind of leaderboard in regards to KDR IMO.

They're a bit more rare, but you'll still see quite a few as the match plays out.  The biggest change here is that since the time until you get your first 2x4 has been pushed back, you shouldn't see a full team of players with upgraded 2x4s charging you right at the first encounter of the match.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 36 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 15, 2013

smugglin_yoyos wrote:

Not sure how it actually works in practice, but what I read was that the welfare system has been adjusted so that if one team is only winning by a little bit, it won't change the loot all that much.  Once the point difference becomes larger is when it starts effecting loot more severely.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 36 (188 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18449 posts

Oct 15, 2013

sintax201 wrote:

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

They're a bit more rare, but you'll still see quite a few as the match plays out.  The biggest change here is that since the time until you get your first 2x4 has been pushed back, you shouldn't see a full team of players with upgraded 2x4s charging you right at the first encounter of the match.

I like this, since the winning team now actually has a reason to possibly use the Machete, since 2x4s won't be handed out like candy on Halloween anymore.

That reminds me, do you guys still have plans to make the Machete a more viable Purchasable? At this point, it's still pretty worthless to spend such a large amount of points on when there are far better alternatives.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 36 (177 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Oct 15, 2013

This is a trivial request but the Last of Us has some very unique "country" style music, like in the patch video.  Probably some of the best music I've heard in a video game simply because it's so unique.

I would love to see some of that music make it over to the MP, like when I'm waiting 3 minutes to find a game, I would love to get some bango groove music going.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 36 (167 Views)
0 Likes