Reply
Naughty Dog Developer
Registered: 06/29/2013
Online
165 posts
 

Re: DLC Trailer and Patch Infos

Oct 15, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:
I like this, since the winning team now actually has a reason to possibly use the Machete, since 2x4s won't be handed out like candy on Halloween anymore.

 

That reminds me, do you guys still have plans to make the Machete a more viable Purchasable? At this point, it's still pretty worthless to spend such a large amount of points on when there are far better alternatives.


We do, and we have plans to try to address the "permanent 2x4" problem where people continuously upgrade it and keep it forever. This will probably be a multi-patch thing to get melee to a happier place.

 

With the 2x4 change though, please let us know how you all feel about the number of 2x4s you see now. We playtested this change a ton here, but it's always possible we didn't go far enough.

Message 21 of 36 (197 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 12/06/2011
Online
20192 posts
 

Re: DLC Trailer and Patch Infos

Oct 15, 2013

sintax201 wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:
I like this, since the winning team now actually has a reason to possibly use the Machete, since 2x4s won't be handed out like candy on Halloween anymore.

 

That reminds me, do you guys still have plans to make the Machete a more viable Purchasable? At this point, it's still pretty worthless to spend such a large amount of points on when there are far better alternatives.


We do, and we have plans to try to address the "permanent 2x4" problem where people continuously upgrade it and keep it forever. This will probably be a multi-patch thing to get melee to a happier place.

 

With the 2x4 change though, please let us know how you all feel about the number of 2x4s you see now. We playtested this change a ton here, but it's always possible we didn't go far enough.


 

Thank you for that confirmation.

 

I'll definitely like to see what you guys did with the 2x4 amount, since everybody having them all the time was super annoying.

Message 22 of 36 (184 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/12/2009
Offline
4821 posts
 

Re: DLC Trailer and Patch Infos

Oct 15, 2013
Quick question, will new customization items come with the patch? I see an exclamation mark next to it after I downloaded 1.05.
tlousig2
Message 23 of 36 (183 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/14/2011
Offline
631 posts
 

Re: DLC Trailer and Patch Infos

Oct 15, 2013
^eric told me on twitter they will be out the following week.
Message 24 of 36 (176 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
Registered: 06/29/2013
Online
165 posts
 

Re: DLC Trailer and Patch Infos

Oct 15, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:
Thank you for that confirmation.

 

I'll definitely like to see what you guys did with the 2x4 amount, since everybody having them all the time was super annoying.


We changed it so that once you get a 2x4, a certain amount of match progress has to occur before you can get a second.  The other big change is that players doing poorly are also included more heavily in the chance system, so they won't be constantly getting 2x4s.

 

The third thing was that it will take you a few more caches before you find your first 2x4, which should cut down on the number of people who have upgraded melee weapons the first encounter.

Message 25 of 36 (170 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/12/2009
Offline
4821 posts
 

Re: DLC Trailer and Patch Infos

Oct 15, 2013

sintax201 wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:
Thank you for that confirmation.

 

I'll definitely like to see what you guys did with the 2x4 amount, since everybody having them all the time was super annoying.


We changed it so that once you get a 2x4, a certain amount of match progress has to occur before you can get a second.  The other big change is that players doing poorly are also included more heavily in the chance system, so they won't be constantly getting 2x4s.

 

The third thing was that it will take you a few more caches before you find your first 2x4, which should cut down on the number of people who have upgraded melee weapons the first encounter.


Good, good. I had two matches in a row today where I was downed by an upgraded 2x4 four times in a row, those being my only downs as well. It is very frusterating. 

tlousig2
Message 26 of 36 (156 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/06/2013
Online
3484 posts
 

Re: DLC Trailer and Patch Infos

Oct 15, 2013

Why couldnt people just adjust to the 2x4?? It is mind boggling how you appease the crybabies ND. As far as keeping your 2x4 the whole game, by doing so you have to stay alive, not use at times and go without making molotovs more so than others. Buffs I understand nerfs are for crybabies unless some weapon is op. Which i've never encountered in this game. Makes it bittersweet for me, i should be hype about the new maps. I'm sure i will be, but your nerfs all of them so far have been silly.

Message 27 of 36 (151 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/13/2012
Offline
233 posts
 

Re: DLC Trailer and Patch Infos

[ Edited ]
Oct 15, 2013

INCANGENERAL wrote:

Why couldnt people just adjust to the 2x4?? It is mind boggling how you appease the crybabies ND. As far as keeping your 2x4 the whole game, by doing so you have to stay alive, not use at times and go without making molotovs more so than others. Buffs I understand nerfs are for crybabies unless some weapon is op. Which i've never encountered in this game. Makes it bittersweet for me, i should be hype about the new maps. I'm sure i will be, but your nerfs all of them so far have been silly.


The 2x4 is actually still the same...so you can´t say it got nerfed. It just appears less often now. I think thats a great change.

Message 28 of 36 (138 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 08/04/2013
Offline
708 posts
 

Re: DLC Trailer and Patch Infos

Oct 15, 2013

"Good, good. I had two matches in a row today where I was downed by an upgraded 2x4 four times in a row, those being my only downs as well. It is very frusterating. "

 

yeah way to promote fairness. Lets get rid of the only thing that downs me... lol 

Message 29 of 36 (130 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/12/2009
Offline
4821 posts
 

Re: DLC Trailer and Patch Infos

Oct 15, 2013

INCANGENERAL wrote:

Why couldnt people just adjust to the 2x4?? It is mind boggling how you appease the crybabies ND. As far as keeping your 2x4 the whole game, by doing so you have to stay alive, not use at times and go without making molotovs more so than others. Buffs I understand nerfs are for crybabies unless some weapon is op. Which i've never encountered in this game. Makes it bittersweet for me, i should be hype about the new maps. I'm sure i will be, but your nerfs all of them so far have been silly.


ND has handled every nerf very well in TLOU unlike in Uncharted.

tlousig2
Message 30 of 36 (128 Views)