Apr 17 2014
By: Grazing_Iron First Son 16 posts

Difference b/t shotgun/shorty and double-barrel

17 replies 730 views Edited Apr 17, 2014

Obviously we haven't seen the double-barrel in action, but what could the difference possibly be if it's just one loadout point in the purchaseable slot? If it no longer downs in one shot, it's the shorty. If it still downs in one shot, it makes the shotgun irrelevant. When I first saw it announced, I assumed it was going to be like 4 loadout points and be an instant execution headshot or something like that, but now I'm just not sure what can make it different from the shorty other than maybe fire rate. Just curious to hear some takes from everyone.

Message 1 of 18 (730 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1018 posts

Re: Difference b/t shotgun/shorty and double-barrel

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2014

I guess that will follow this theory:

• Shorty: Removes 60 points of health, takes a second between shots and three shells for eliminate a armored enemy

60 damage/ 30 against armored enemy/ 1~1,5 second between each shoot/ 2 shells in the loader

• Shotgun: You can to have 6 shells in the loader, remove lifetime close and can kill an armored enemy with a shoot.

100 damage/ 100 against armored enemy/ 1~1,2 second between each shoot/ 6 shells in the loader

• Lazarevic Shotgun: Will remove 80 points of health and it will take a little more rate of fire than shorty on the first level, you can kill an enemy with armor with two shots, but their bullets are very expensive.

80 damage/ 40 against armored enemy/ 1~1,3 second between each shoot/ 2 shells in the loader

Message 2 of 18 (721 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
234 posts

Apr 17, 2014
Look that:
- 55 damage to the body and 110 to the head (like bow), no spread reticle (like 9mm), medium rof (like revolver), max ammo 2 (like shorty), mid-close range (like Molotov), purchasable (like shotgun), worst reload time in the game (like no other).

The idea here is a high risk gun. If you miss the two shots, you will have to draw something else, because its reload time. In other hand, the precise reticle and the acceptable range possibilities you to down armored enemies with a body and a headshot. It's all or nothing with this gun.

Before anyone say it, I know the bow can also make the body-headshot combo to down armored guys, with better range and silenced effect. But the double barrel's advantage over bow is the reticle, the draw time and the fact it won't shake if you hold the aim.
Message 3 of 18 (693 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2128 posts

Apr 17, 2014
I'm just hoping ND didn't make another typo, and this isn't a loadout weapon. The last thing I wanna see is a full blown shotty loadout.
Message 4 of 18 (667 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6159 posts

Apr 17, 2014

lmao a 3 shotgun loadout will be hilarious!

My guess though is that it will be in-between the shorty and shotgun. Since it's kinda hard to determine a shotgun's damage output, I would assume that it will take 2 shots when in your face, but have a extremely weak range and any further than that will require 3-4 at a reasonable distance. Yet have the fastest RoF and an ok reload time.

photo Sniper.png
Message 5 of 18 (662 Views)
First Son
16 posts

Apr 17, 2014

Interesting input. Thanks. I like the idea of it being a two-shot down with or without armor at close range with a quick rate of fire so you can double-tap people for the down. Not sure I'll actually use it much, but I'm looking forward to having more options to play around with. Very intrigued by the Enforcer and Launcher as well.

Message 6 of 18 (654 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6159 posts

Apr 17, 2014

Just thought of the reload animation, we better look like a badass while reloading this new shotgun.

photo Sniper.png
Message 7 of 18 (646 Views)
Gaming Beast
1866 posts

Apr 17, 2014

sanddude20 wrote:

lmao a 3 shotgun loadout will be hilarious!

My guess though is that it will be in-between the shorty and shotgun. Since it's kinda hard to determine a shotgun's damage output, I would assume that it will take 2 shots when in your face, but have a extremely weak range and any further than that will require 3-4 at a reasonable distance. Yet have the fastest RoF and an ok reload time.

Which reminds me.... we need a 3 barrell shotgun :smileywink:

young beard signature
Message 8 of 18 (645 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2128 posts

Apr 17, 2014
^Sorry the Hydra is a trademark of Capcom's Resident Evil. :smileywink:
Message 9 of 18 (635 Views)
Wastelander
681 posts

Apr 17, 2014

The double-barrel will allow you to jump down from a ledge above and have the gun blindfire and track the opponent below for an easy no-skill kill.  

Apparently the world of scarcity does not apply to all the moronic posters on this forum.
Message 10 of 18 (610 Views)
0 Likes