Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Jun 24 2013
By: Dead1y-Derri Monster Hunter 35 posts
Offline

Disabling the metagame

20 replies 571 views Edited Jun 24, 2013

Its funny how TLOU Multilayer is completely based off of teamwork but I feel when I need to get 70 + supplies a game I feel I have to out-do my team as my usual playstyle (team medic) doesn't earn me the parts and supplies I need. 

 

Sure I could use the perk that gives me more parts but then I'm sacrificing one of my stealth or medical perks which sadly I feel is more important than said perk. 

 

Overall I feel we need either two solutions. 1) Give more parts and supplies to teamwork e.g.. Revives, bandaging teammates etc 

 

Or give us an option to disable the metagame. 

 

Thoughts on this?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 21 (571 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 04/06/2005
Offline
585 posts
 

Re: Disabling the metagame

Jun 24, 2013

So far, I've been pulling between 70-85 supplies on average rolling as a medic. The very last match I hit 110, which was my highest ever.

 

Try using Crafter 2 and hitting 2-3 supply boxes per round. Gifting items to your teammates nets you 100 parts per gift. Also, using Reviver helps so that you can pick up your buddies quicker, then heal them immediately.

 

Using a mic can also help. Lots of people don't realize you can be healed. Yelling "Dead1y-Derri! Slow down, I can heal you!" helps.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 21 (555 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/01/2008
Offline
577 posts
 

Re: Disabling the metagame

Jun 24, 2013

It wasn't thought out well at all, a well balanced team with 70+ survivors each will find themselves not getting enough supplies.  To keep them healthy at 80+ you need dominate a match yourself.

------

How to deal with bombs: "let the bomb down me" - DEATH__MACHINIST
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 21 (553 Views)
Monster Hunter
Registered: 06/23/2013
Offline
35 posts
 

Re: Disabling the metagame

Jun 24, 2013

KylieDog wrote:

It wasn't thought out well at all, a well balanced team with 70+ survivors each will find themselves not getting enough supplies.  To keep them healthy at 80+ you need dominate a match yourself.

 

Yeah you really just need to work hard as hell and dominate the match. 


WebScud wrote:

So far, I've been pulling between 70-85 supplies on average rolling as a medic. The very last match I hit 110, which was my highest ever.

 

Try using Crafter 2 and hitting 2-3 supply boxes per round. Gifting items to your teammates nets you 100 parts per gift. Also, using Reviver helps so that you can pick up your buddies quicker, then heal them immediately.

 

Using a mic can also help. Lots of people don't realize you can be healed. Yelling "Dead1y-Derri! Slow down, I can heal you!" helps.


I do use my Mic and it does help like you said. I've considered either using crafter 2 or just using "Increase part earnings" but even so it's still quite hard. 
I still think more supplies  is needed instead of just parts. I know parts are converted but if you aren't killing then you don't get those extra supplies you need. 
Plus I'm only average at the game :smileyhappy: 

I still think having a choice of the metagame or not would be good. I hope ND at least consider this. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 21 (538 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/07/2008
Offline
1801 posts
 

Re: Disabling the metagame

Jun 24, 2013

You think you have it bad. I've got to get around 110 supplies average right now to maintain my clan and I don't roll with the get extra points with healing people. I have to kill lots and revive whenever I get the opportunity x.x' So yes I agree more parts for teamwork!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGOODKyle
http://www.twitch.tv/thegoodkyle
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 21 (527 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 04/06/2005
Offline
585 posts
 

Re: Disabling the metagame

Jun 24, 2013

Dead1y-Derri wrote:

KylieDog wrote:

It wasn't thought out well at all, a well balanced team with 70+ survivors each will find themselves not getting enough supplies.  To keep them healthy at 80+ you need dominate a match yourself.

 

Yeah you really just need to work hard as hell and dominate the match. 


WebScud wrote:

So far, I've been pulling between 70-85 supplies on average rolling as a medic. The very last match I hit 110, which was my highest ever.

 

Try using Crafter 2 and hitting 2-3 supply boxes per round. Gifting items to your teammates nets you 100 parts per gift. Also, using Reviver helps so that you can pick up your buddies quicker, then heal them immediately.

 

Using a mic can also help. Lots of people don't realize you can be healed. Yelling "Dead1y-Derri! Slow down, I can heal you!" helps.


I do use my Mic and it does help like you said. I've considered either using crafter 2 or just using "Increase part earnings" but even so it's still quite hard. 
I still think more supplies  is needed instead of just parts. I know parts are converted but if you aren't killing then you don't get those extra supplies you need. 
Plus I'm only average at the game :smileyhappy: 

I still think having a choice of the metagame or not would be good. I hope ND at least consider this. 


I'm not the best either. If you take away all the medic stuff, I'd be at the bottom of the scoreboard.

 

When a match starts I run for the two nearest supply boxes. It's early enough in the game that running doesn't matter. The other teams knows that you're near your spawn.

 

Then I crouch walk about behind my teammates and craft items. I typically just hang by either the clump of players or, if someone is a one many army, behind him. I heal, revive, and toss out the bombs I make.I also try to lay down some cover fire.

 

Normally in the course of play you come across more supply boxes. You don't need to craft three items in one round -- it carries across multiple rounds. That said, craft as you go! Every item is one closer to giving your team a free molotov and yourself free parts.

 

So, as I play, my priorirtes are reviving those that are close by (runnign across the map is a bad idea) > healing > crafting > opening supply boxes > trowing bombs/cover fire. Of course, if you have the opputnites to shiv someone or bash their head in, take it. Just be smart about it and don't make it your primary goal.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 21 (520 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/21/2013
Online
1477 posts
 

Re: Disabling the metagame

Jun 24, 2013

I have to agree here.  The ammount of supplies it takes to keep up your population becomes ridiculous.  There simply aren't enough points to be had in a match for more than one or two people to maintain a decent sized population.  Coupled with the fact that you'll be playing catchup for 3 or 4 games after a single bad match and Raid challenges taking out massive chunks of your population, and you get a MP that's just too cutthroat by nature for an entire team to both play as a team AND support their own individual populations.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 21 (495 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 11/09/2006
Offline
10845 posts
 

Re: Disabling the metagame

Jun 24, 2013
Its funny that actually killing people is the lowest priority in this game.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 21 (454 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 07/15/2012
Offline
391 posts
 

Re: Disabling the metagame

Jun 24, 2013
All you need is a healthy win bonus, to me it seems ridiculous that you don't get any thing extra for winning, it's not even a stat. I wouldn't want the option to turn the meta game off though, I think that everyone would end up doing that and it would change the way the game is being played .
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 21 (428 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 07/15/2012
Offline
391 posts
 

Re: Disabling the metagame

Jun 24, 2013
Maybe a consecutive win multiplier or something along those lines
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 21 (426 Views)
Reply
0 Likes