Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Re: Disabling the metagame

Jun 24, 2013
I want to love the meta game but my team leaves me for dead to try and get more executions or I am thrown in to a game half over ... and I'm already losing and the teams are this unbalanced it's just to hard to keep up with it all
Message 11 of 21 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
40 posts

Jul 27, 2013

Beelzebean wrote:
All you need is a healthy win bonus, to me it seems ridiculous that you don't get any thing extra for winning, it's not even a stat. I wouldn't want the option to turn the meta game off though, I think that everyone would end up doing that and it would change the way the game is being played .

I do agree that NOT having a metagame would have considerable concequences on how the game is currently played but we DO need something to perk the game up in terms of supplies. 

Message 12 of 21 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
511 posts

Jul 27, 2013

The high needed supplies has turned a nice team game into a selfish persons paradise. I've had people that will ditch the whole team just to grab the crate cause they need supplies. The one that is really annoying is when people say they NEED something for a mission and expect you to give up all of your time and hard work to accommodate them.

Message 13 of 21 (224 Views)
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2013

AnArmyOfOne wrote:

The high needed supplies has turned a nice team game into a selfish persons paradise. I've had people that will ditch the whole team just to grab the crate cause they need supplies. The one that is really annoying is when people say they NEED something for a mission and expect you to give up all of your time and hard work to accommodate them.

This. ^

I hate that whenever action happens, one of our teammates were at the other end opening a toolbox. So my teammate killed a guy and he was killed, 2 of us trying to kill and got killed by 3 enemies because they have "teamwork" we don't. Someone had to run to another toolbox ALL THE TIME. Why can't we kill them and then go over to another toolbox together? That I can never understand. :/

photo 6063e192-edce-4bf4-be38-1f5c5d2df1b7.jpg
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - twitter.com/mrsjimmymare
Message 14 of 21 (220 Views)
Highlighted
Shinra Executive
42149 posts

Jul 27, 2013

AnArmyOfOne wrote:

Yep, makes no sense.  ND intended and crafted a team-oriented game and tacks on a mode that destroys that approach.  When people are concerned about their current mission/clan's survival, teamwork takes a nose dive on their part.  I've had people at my back not help in a firefight cause they were waiting for me to drop for an easy revival Smiley Indifferent  People who run out into the open to initiate an execution, sacrificing a life in the process when we're already down 15-9.  Or the favorite, being downed and having a downed enemy nearby and because your teammate needs executions, they'll ignore you and go to finish off the guy cause they need the execution and don't want you to have it Smiley Indifferent

ND should probably announce the MP mode to their next game early on where they can take feedback and maybe run a beta so they can see the systems (clan meta game) running in a live environment and the community can voice that the stuff is counterproductive if that is indeed the case.

Message 15 of 21 (212 Views)
Wastelander
729 posts

Jul 27, 2013

whoady4shoady wrote:
Its funny that actually killing people is the lowest priority in this game.

This

What is the point in killing the opposition if you get so few points for doing it so, and if you finish a match early you get even more screwed

You kinda need to farm/boost for supplies, either with medic or crafter, dumb stuff

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 16 of 21 (179 Views)
Splicer
40 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Watanabe_ugo wrote:

whoady4shoady wrote:
Its funny that actually killing people is the lowest priority in this game.

This

What is the point in killing the opposition if you get so few points for doing it so, and if you finish a match early you get even more screwed

You kinda need to farm/boost for supplies, either with medic or crafter, dumb stuff

I think we can all agree that something needs to be done. Either give us more suplies from helping team and getting kills and reduce the amount of suplies we need per game when you're at a higher level.

Message 17 of 21 (145 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Jul 29, 2013

The meta-game is stupid and feels rushed. I bet ND put it in the game like a month before release, without really thinking about how it would work.

Message 18 of 21 (117 Views)
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Jul 29, 2013

I like the meta-game.  i'm totally average and can easily get enough parts to keep my clan alive for 12 weeks.  Only unlock i haven't gotten is skull mask (end with 70 in your clan).  This makes sense to me. I"m not that good, and I cant get the top unlock.  everyone wants it to be easy enough that everyone gets the top winners trophy...i'm happy that they made it diffcult (and very happy they didnt' tie the plat-trophy to high level unlocks)

I do think the challenges encourage some non-team behavior sometimes.  Although a well organized team that balances roles (i know i know, hard on no-parties) can work together and share the resources and do just fine. If you roll with 2 attackers, a reviver/healer and a crafter (especially if either the attackers or the healer doubles with crafter skills).

the thing people forget, is having hungry clan members doesn't really matter.  yeah, a few may die, but 

Message 19 of 21 (100 Views)
First Son
19 posts

Jul 29, 2013
The best thing to do to solve the meta-game issue without altering how people will approach and play the game is to just reward good performances in match more than they do now.

Increased winning bonuses, e.g. So many supplies per ticket left on the winning team in supply raid/supplies given to team per ticket/life taken) same for rounds won in survivors. Like someone else said a winning streak multiplier would be great, also adding in a matches won/lost/streak stat would be good anyway.

Also just add in more bonuses/higher bonuses for particular actions in-game. I've mentioned before an idea of a bonus for interrupting/preventing an enemy revive. Quick win bonus may be a good idea, bonus per minute or round left in the match, similar to the ticket/life idea. Maybe also increase the points for marking, something I feel can be invaluable but I know not many people consistently do. I only know of this important as I do it all the time now and it actually helps a lot, just isn't as rewarding for points. I dunno though, I might just be grasping at straws here now
Message 20 of 21 (87 Views)
0 Likes