Survivor
2127 posts

Re: Do you want KDR removed from the leaderboards?

Jun 20, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

calcunnon wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

calcunnon wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Blah.

Just delete the entire leaderboards.

Play for fun... Like we used to... Back in like.. 1999

I noticed Sonic the Hedgehog never had leaderboards. Good times.

Some of them had offline/local leaderboards. That's how it was in the pre-internet era...

The original didn't, if I remember correctly?!

I wasn't talking about Sonic. It was just a general remark.

leaderboard_pacman.gif

What p!sses me off is that companies embrace the bragging rights/trashtalking subculture that is so much more prevalent in the post-internet era.

Here's what I'm talking about:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/08/07/uncharted-3s-tournament-mode-new-dlc

"I'm really interested to see the type of gloating that's going to occur from this in our community," Cogburn said. "There's going to be a lot of trashtalking."

Its cogburn, personally I think the guys a moron and dosen't really understand the community he was hired to deal with.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Please use plain text.
Message 111 of 339 (217 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jun 20, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

calcunnon wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

calcunnon wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Blah.

Just delete the entire leaderboards.

Play for fun... Like we used to... Back in like.. 1999

I noticed Sonic the Hedgehog never had leaderboards. Good times.

Some of them had offline/local leaderboards. That's how it was in the pre-internet era...

The original didn't, if I remember correctly?!

I wasn't talking about Sonic. It was just a general remark.

leaderboard_pacman.gif

What p!sses me off is that companies embrace the bragging rights/trashtalking subculture that is so much more prevalent in the post-internet era.

Here's what I'm talking about:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/08/07/uncharted-3s-tournament-mode-new-dlc

"I'm really interested to see the type of gloating that's going to occur from this in our community," Cogburn said. "There's going to be a lot of trashtalking."

Its cogburn, personally I think the guys a moron and dosen't really understand the community he was hired to deal with.

Yeah, he's a hypocrite, especially considering the fact that trashtalking is not allowed according to the PSN ToS.

I didn't expect that a Sony 1st party developer would openly endorse trashtalking... :smileyindifferent:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 112 of 339 (210 Views)
Survivor
2127 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

I really have to laugh at this whole thread,

How many of you play battlefield, or are a member on battlelog, or go to those forums?

One of the #1 things people complain about is medic whoring (spamming revives).

This increases your score per min, which over there trumps KDR.

PEOPLE WILL COMPARE YOU WITH ANY STATS.

But yeah, kdr the problem LOL.

No its players.

Let everyone play what ever way they see fit.

Stop trying to make players play YOUR way.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Please use plain text.
Message 113 of 339 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1287 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

Let the people enjoy what they like instead of classing them as looser, sad and people who have small d*cks.

Just means they like to play the game differently than you for different reasons. I have a high K/D and none of that applies to me lmao don't even play 12 hours a day either. Don't forgot some of us are from the UK its summer yeah but the weather always sucks and maybe I work most days and can only play at night?

I remember a paraplegic guy who used to play Rainbow Six 6 and he had a high K/D guess he has a small d, no girlfriend and should be outside running and enjoying summer. Enough.

Just because people stat **bleep** or on the other side of the scale they can actually be good all round players, that doesn't make them jerks.

>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Please use plain text.
Message 114 of 339 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2682 posts

Jun 20, 2013

VironZZ wrote:

Let the people enjoy what they like instead of classing them as looser, sad and people who have small d*cks.

Just means they like to play the game differently than you for different reasons. I have a high K/D and none of that applies to me lmao don't even play 12 hours a day either. Don't forgot some of us are from the UK its summer yeah but the weather always sucks and maybe I work most days and can only play at night?

I remember a paraplegic guy who used to play Rainbow Six 6 and he had a high K/D guess he has a small d, no girlfriend and should be outside running and enjoying summer. Enough.

Just because people stat **bleep** or on the other side of the scale they can actually be good all round players, that doesn't make them jerks.

People keep saying KDR doesn't belong in this game when both game modes are life based systems stressing survival, it's funny. Anyways, PPM and clan size are the only ranked stats in this game so it really doesn't matter, people who care about KDR will always play for a good KDR even if it's only kept track of on a game to game bases. You could probably take away the scoreboard completely and people would still have their playstyles.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 115 of 339 (154 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3211 posts

Jun 20, 2013
KDR can stay, just fix the exploit for boosting. You'd think after UC3 they would have figured out how to do that by now.

LIVESTREAMING The Last of Us and Uncharted 3!

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Please use plain text.
Message 116 of 339 (151 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jun 20, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:
KDR can stay, just fix the exploit for boosting. You'd think after UC3 they would have figured out how to do that by now.

ROFL, signing out doesn't record your stats? Here we go again with those fake leaderboards...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 117 of 339 (146 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3211 posts

Jun 20, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

ROFL, signing out doesn't record your stats? Here we go again with those fake leaderboards...

Bingo.

LIVESTREAMING The Last of Us and Uncharted 3!

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Please use plain text.
Message 118 of 339 (138 Views)
Wastelander
571 posts

Jun 20, 2013
Omg can't believe they didn't fix that bug!
Please use plain text.
Message 119 of 339 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
405 posts

Jun 20, 2013

I am suprised there is no Win loss leader board.  This is a team based game and the way they did kd is dumb anyways with executions instead of downs so get rid of it.

photo tloumpreveal_zpse1518e02.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 120 of 339 (104 Views)