Wastelander
638 posts

Re: Do you want KDR removed from the leaderboards?

Jun 20, 2013

KDR can stay, it somewhat shows that you CAN kill other players if you have to, but a more important ratio is the win/loss ratio. I think if we had that, then people would base your skills off of that, and SPM. Then there would be those other fools who talk trash if your KD was 'bad' and then you just say, 'check my W/L and SPM' then that would be the end of that. Hopefully.

Message 121 of 339 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Jun 20, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:
KDR can stay, just fix the exploit for boosting. You'd think after UC3 they would have figured out how to do that by now.

this.

instead of parts per minute , it should be total executiones. its better then nothing.  also k/d doesnt mean anything, who cares. just play to have fun guys Smiley Happy

2.0+ K/D and 2.0 - 5.0+ W/L on any COD , BF3, Resistance 3, and The last of us
Message 122 of 339 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
573 posts

Jun 21, 2013

SuicideDrug wrote:

tripleWRECK wrote:
KDR can stay, just fix the exploit for boosting. You'd think after UC3 they would have figured out how to do that by now.

this.

instead of parts per minute , it should be total executiones. its better then nothing.  also k/d doesnt mean anything, who cares. just play to have fun guys Smiley Happy

This.

YouTube: AlexDarkshield and Hardies331
Hardiess331 channel uploads new video daily!
Message 123 of 339 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2496 posts

Jun 21, 2013

yes

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Message 124 of 339 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2496 posts

Jun 21, 2013

VironZZ wrote:

Why are people so bothered about a ratio? I find it funny tbh.

Its a game that the only way you can get kills is by working together, you can't go lone wolf as you just get pounded by the other team, you cant camp as your team gets beat - I have no idea why everyones complaining? Is it because your dying x amount of times and its making your ratio lower?

I'm a team player and I like my KDR it informs me of well I'm playing in general and I like to know that all my kills and deaths are amounting to something on the leaderboards - as lets face it! Everyone on the front page is a cheater, they've boosted to get there parts/min up to the max.

Why are people bothered about KDR more than they are concerned about the booster on the front pages of the leaderboards that are stopping the legitimate players from achieveing the high enough levels.

Priorites people. There are still bugs and there are cheaters on the leaderboards - why care about KDR when its only you and your friends list that can see it (unless of course people scroll to find your name on the massive list of tens of thousands of players+)

/rant

What they need is a win/loss leaderboard or something including revives or anything like that. I strongly disagree that a game has to change its whole multiplayer leaderboard GUI because people dont like a minor statstic thats hard to earn anyway in a game like this.

your kdr does not tell you if you're playing well or not in this game. downs and how many times you are revived makes the stat useless. You can steal kills WAY easier with the downs and revive now. your team mates can revive you religiously or not at all which affects KDR. Your downs are just as helpful as actual kills but you don't get credit for them. 

it's a meaningless stat with the way this game is set up. 

ND reads their tweets.
Message 125 of 339 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2496 posts

Jun 21, 2013

SuicideDrug wrote:

tripleWRECK wrote:

this.

executions are easily stolen. Why not have it by how many downs you have vs executions vs how many revives you've given vs how many times you've had to be revived..

cause all of those things are equally important in the equation. Going for executions only is stupid as a stat. It's a pack hunting game. kills are a team effort. 

ND reads their tweets.
Message 126 of 339 (129 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

Yeah, totally. I just read a guy's message saying that if you're not good enough to kill enough people in a match to get a positive K/D then you shouldn't be playing. That's disappointing. I don't want tryhard lone wolves multiplying because of stupid stats.

Message 127 of 339 (125 Views)
Wastelander
494 posts

Jul 5, 2013
I think the K/D is fun, maybe because I have a decent one. The thing is, I play with a team of friends who fully support each other. If you choose to play with some randoms, what do you expect? I have a good K/D *BECAUSE of my team. That's how it should be. We all have good ratios because we don't want each other dying. Play with a team and you will have no more revive complaints. Or kill hording, or whatever. No disrespect, but it's your fault for playing with strangers.
Message 128 of 339 (87 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 5, 2013
No it gives you an idea of someones skill level. I play with a full party and we don't steal each other kills. Hell we even let eachother finish them off so we both get the ammo and parts. Being a crybaby over someone 'taking your kill' is just sad.
Message 129 of 339 (80 Views)
Highlighted
Splicer
45 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

I don't want leaderboards either, I just want detailed statistics for my own as it did for a Singleplayer mode.

Message 130 of 339 (73 Views)