Fender Bender
3843 posts

Re: Do you want KDR removed from the leaderboards?

Jul 5, 2013
Yes.

Though I don't care about my own stats, there is zero point in having kdr stats on this game. The whole concept of it is fundamentally flawed.
Please use plain text.
Message 141 of 339 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Removing KDR will not make players play as team. Those that are interested in the stat wil track it on thier own.

If you want players to play as a team, them make a game that forces, better, requires team play. The modes present in the game do not really do that and for what little it does, the presense of the clan takes away. Come on now, why focus on KDR when the only way to win a game is KILL the other team before your team DIEs? The end of the match comes only under two conditions and two conditions only: time running out, one team exceeding X number of deaths. While reviving can increase your chances your team winning, it is not a winning condition.

Belive and claim what you want but outside of a few differences (revives and mechanics that work against run and gun) the multiplayer is nonthing more than team death match which at the end of the game is decided by which team made the most kills in specific time frame. Removing a stat is not going to change that or the way players play. You want to change the way players play you have to change the game.

Leaderboards are another problem if you want to encourage team work. Leadboards focus on the individual and the individual only. As long as you have leaderboards, you are going to have players that are going to have priorites that conflict with the group. 

The meta game, aka the clan, also places emphasis on the individual player and not the team. If you are down and need to be revied and the next closest player on your team is on a mission that he/she chose downs for the mission, where do you think that players priorities are? WIn or loose if that player makes the mission that players clan grows or lives on for another match.

You want team work, then you have to make team work a winning condition. If it only extends the chances of winning then you will always be at the mercy of the "driving" priorities of the other players.

Please use plain text.
Message 142 of 339 (143 Views)
Sackboy
385 posts

Jul 5, 2013

SpeysideScotch wrote:

Removing KDR will not make players play as team. Those that are interested in the stat wil track it on thier own.

The majority of people who care about the stat for any reason other than "it's there" are already tracking it on their own, because the game's current K/D doesn't actually provide any useful information.

----V^^^V----
I want my meals to think for myself
Please use plain text.
Message 143 of 339 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Poor poor K/D, the most hated on of stats :mansad:

But yeah never really understood the big fuss. I didn't even realize this game had K/D in it until I saw it mentioned in the forum. If I try to look at it from a neutral standpoint I can understand how on some games people would like for K/D not to be the "super star" stat. For instance, in games that have a search and destroy mode, or capture the flag etc, captures or defuses shouldn't be overshadowed by someone who camped in some remote corner just killing people who passed by, but didn't actually do anything objective based.

Now as far as TLOU Multiplayer goes, I'm just not seeing why people are so against it. Getting rid of it and only focusing on W/L would be kind of okay, IF you only played with a consistent party of regulars, because maybe you're just the designated healer of your party, and K/D wouldnt fully reflect your worth, but your friends would know, and that kind of makes it a moot point since if you're playing with a party of people you already know, I doubt they're going to judge you by your K/D, so who cares if its there?

But going by W/L goes out the window if you dont play in regular parties, and just hop into pubs with randoms the majority of the time. And considering that in both Supply Raid and Survivor modes victory is pretty much determined by which ever team has the least amount of deaths, K/D does provide some relevant info, sure it doesn't tell the whole story, but don't think any stat will.

Please use plain text.
Message 144 of 339 (124 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jul 5, 2013
Yes take it off. it means absolutely nothing
Please use plain text.
Message 145 of 339 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Jul 5, 2013
Get a **bleep** team! I NEVER have this problem. You guys are doing it to yourself by playing with people you don't know.. I like how the K/D haters won't acknowledge that. You guys talk about teamwork so much but have no idea who you're playing with.
Please use plain text.
Message 146 of 339 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5829 posts

Jul 5, 2013

As long as the leaderboard tracks both your kills and deaths, there's not much you can do to keep people from being KD **bleep**.

Please use plain text.
Message 147 of 339 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jul 5, 2013
@DOPESTSOLDIER
lol, what are you talking about? None of that is true for some people. We just don't want it in the game. Simple.
 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 148 of 339 (77 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Off with its head!

Please use plain text.
Message 149 of 339 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
294 posts

Jul 5, 2013

No.

When all have fallen, rise above the ashes.
Please use plain text.
Message 150 of 339 (50 Views)
0 Likes