Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1082 posts

Re: Do you want KDR removed from the leaderboards?

Jul 15, 2013
Just include an option to sort it by k/d (min 100 kills) so I can see who's been ragequitting and who's in my way. Thx
Please use plain text.
Message 331 of 339 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Jul 15, 2013
And how would you tell?
Please use plain text.
Message 332 of 339 (147 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2013

VironZZ wrote:

The strategy is implentmented anyway because of the type of game! Removing a ratio is pointless on so many levels! There will be no sense of achievement at least for me anyway.

Out of all the stupid leaderboard stats why is K/D being targeted! Parts/min is just abused so all the leaderboards are fixed. You can't run in by yourself anyway so I don't even see what anyones arguement is anyway, people run in by themselves and die and thus have to change their strategy to be supportive, so why is it a big deal!

If people can't work as a team there going to die and thus have a bad K/D ratio, how on earth does is it promote bad team spirit when people who want good stats will go out there way to work as a team to earn kills/downs or whatever.

If anything there should be more leaderboard types including win to loss for each gametypes, revives or a skill rating etc.

As yeah I am annoyed that people are being obtuse to the whole picture when there are more pressing matters in the game with bugs, glitches, boosters etc. that people feel to the need to moan are a single statstic that a portion of users like having! Including me.

I work as team player, I revive, I patch up and most of all I'm a good shot. My K/D on survival is 5+ and on raid its about 4 and have almost more revives than anyone else on my team I'm also 133 clan members strong and top 100. If all my hard work is removed and replaced because of some bitchy kids who are moaning because they can't step up then I'm not going to be impressed by Naughty Dog's techniques.

You got my support. It's a teambased game and good kdr just shows that you're actually doing good as a teamplayer. If your whole team sucks, you usually suck aswell. I'm sure that ND won't remove anything. Having kdr is fine, adding losses/wins and revives would be very appreciated though.

First hand leaderboards should be fixed. Rank 1 to around 150 are broken/glitched in Suplly Raid / Survivor. Clan sizes above 150 are boosted imo. 300 - 500 clan members is just ridiculous ^^

Please use plain text.
Message 333 of 339 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
248 posts

Re: Do you want KDR removed from the leaderless?

Jul 15, 2013

Nope.  Leave it there.  People like to have a measurement of their performance in that area and enjoy being competitive.  I see people try to use KDR as leverage in discussions, but it really doesn't provide more credibility to most arguments.  My KDR is around .5 and I could care less.  I play entirely on randoms, draw nearly all of my parts from support roles, and won't leave a game, even if I'm the last one after everyone ragequits or my team is getting stomped or running around like panicking monkeys.  I'm sure that if I found a constant team, dropped support points for purchasable weapons, focused on the shooting, or adopted some of the high KDR strategies like quitting bad games that could improve.  If you don't like it don't look at it, but why take it away from other people that it matters to?

Please use plain text.
Message 334 of 339 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Jul 16, 2013

meltron69 wrote:

VironZZ wrote:

The strategy is implentmented anyway because of the type of game! Removing a ratio is pointless on so many levels! There will be no sense of achievement at least for me anyway.

Out of all the stupid leaderboard stats why is K/D being targeted! Parts/min is just abused so all the leaderboards are fixed. You can't run in by yourself anyway so I don't even see what anyones arguement is anyway, people run in by themselves and die and thus have to change their strategy to be supportive, so why is it a big deal!

If people can't work as a team there going to die and thus have a bad K/D ratio, how on earth does is it promote bad team spirit when people who want good stats will go out there way to work as a team to earn kills/downs or whatever.

If anything there should be more leaderboard types including win to loss for each gametypes, revives or a skill rating etc.

As yeah I am annoyed that people are being obtuse to the whole picture when there are more pressing matters in the game with bugs, glitches, boosters etc. that people feel to the need to moan are a single statstic that a portion of users like having! Including me.

I work as team player, I revive, I patch up and most of all I'm a good shot. My K/D on survival is 5+ and on raid its about 4 and have almost more revives than anyone else on my team I'm also 133 clan members strong and top 100. If all my hard work is removed and replaced because of some bitchy kids who are moaning because they can't step up then I'm not going to be impressed by Naughty Dog's techniques.

You got my support. It's a teambased game and good kdr just shows that you're actually doing good as a teamplayer. If your whole team sucks, you usually suck aswell. I'm sure that ND won't remove anything. Having kdr is fine, adding losses/wins and revives would be very appreciated though.

First hand leaderboards should be fixed. Rank 1 to around 150 are broken/glitched in Suplly Raid / Survivor. Clan sizes above 150 are boosted imo. 300 - 500 clan members is just ridiculous ^^

Not 150. I could almost hold onto 140 when I was trying to get the unlocks, and I can easily imagine someone doing way better if they tried/brought the right perks. Pretty rare though. 

Please use plain text.
Message 335 of 339 (107 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jul 16, 2013

First of all, this thread has been too popular and Naughty Dog probably already saw it. Everyone that is reading this and the guy that made this thread, please think about it and stop. Some of us like the K/d ratio. They should add W/l, downs, revives, accuracy and possibly more but taking away K/d ratio is cruel to those who want them. Like I've mentained on my thread, if you don't care, ignore it. Leave those who care, keep them.

Please use plain text.
Message 336 of 339 (102 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2013

As long as there's folks who say they want to keep the k/d ratio, I don't agree they should be removed. That just leads to frustration

Please use plain text.
Message 337 of 339 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Jul 16, 2013

HAHAHAHA, I agree with you! This thread is ridiculous. The people who want it removed either like to be devils advocate or just suck at this game. If you hate KD ratios DONT LOOK AT THEM!!!!

I myself do like them as it tells me if I die more than I kill (obviosuly).

Please use plain text.
Message 338 of 339 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2759 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2013

Woah this thread got popular. I really didn't realize that so many are, to be nice, so passionate about their precious k/d stat. I have added a few of you from the community here and played some very good matches with some.

I'm not the greatest player or strive to be on the leaderboards just to feel some type of way about having my name on there. I'm certainly not the worst.  I just enjoy great games that produces great teamwork, which would mean I won't have the best stats, but I'll carry my own weight for the team. I have other priorities offline to worry about than being the best player.

I favored dropping the k/d rate only because I've ran across far too many that watches an enemy and teammate bleed out from their engagement, they'll get that execution on enemy, then go in their backpack to craft and walk away looking for the next kill, while his teammate bleeds out. They fail to forget that reviving a teammate actually keeps their reserves when it gets crucial at the later part of the match. I pair up with these players only when the other players on my list are already in games or not available.

This is just a discussion. I don't suspect ND to remove k/d, im fine with it either way.

PS the matchmaking sucks tho. Other than that, I like TLOU MP

MAzing87
Please use plain text.
Message 339 of 339 (67 Views)
0 Likes