Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/17/2011
Offline
1431 posts
 

Re: Do you want KDR removed from the leaderboards?

Jun 17, 2013

The strategy is implentmented anyway because of the type of game! Removing a ratio is pointless on so many levels! There will be no sense of achievement at least for me anyway.

 

Out of all the stupid leaderboard stats why is K/D being targeted! Parts/min is just abused so all the leaderboards are fixed. You can't run in by yourself anyway so I don't even see what anyones arguement is anyway, people run in by themselves and die and thus have to change their strategy to be supportive, so why is it a big deal!

 

If people can't work as a team there going to die and thus have a bad K/D ratio, how on earth does is it promote bad team spirit when people who want good stats will go out there way to work as a team to earn kills/downs or whatever.

 

If anything there should be more leaderboard types including win to loss for each gametypes, revives or a skill rating etc.

 

As yeah I am annoyed that people are being obtuse to the whole picture when there are more pressing matters in the game with bugs, glitches, boosters etc. that people feel to the need to moan are a single statstic that a portion of users like having! Including me.

 

I work as team player, I revive, I patch up and most of all I'm a good shot. My K/D on survival is 5+ and on raid its about 4 and have almost more revives than anyone else on my team I'm also 133 clan members strong and top 100. If all my hard work is removed and replaced because of some bitchy kids who are moaning because they can't step up then I'm not going to be impressed by Naughty Dog's techniques.

 

 

>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 41 of 339 (256 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/07/2011
Offline
5547 posts
 

Re: Do you want KDR removed from the leaderboards?

Jun 17, 2013

VironZZ wrote:

Removing a ratio is pointless on so many levels! There will be no sense of achievement at least for me anyway.


Aaaaaaaand now you've just exposed the real reason you don't want the KDR stat removed. You're one of the selfish players who play to boost their KDR rather than win as a team. Noted!

Message 42 of 339 (249 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/19/2011
Offline
112 posts
 

Re: Do you want KDR removed from the leaderboards?

Jun 17, 2013
LOL !!!
Message 43 of 339 (246 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/17/2011
Offline
1431 posts
 

Re: Do you want KDR removed from the leaderboards?

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

Your an idiot. You chose one whole point from my text and highlighted it. I'm not selfish. In fact I normally have the most revives on my team and I play supportive. Jealous?

>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 44 of 339 (244 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/07/2011
Offline
5547 posts
 

Re: Do you want KDR removed from the leaderboards?

Jun 17, 2013

VironZZ wrote:

Your an idiot. You chose one whole point from my text and highlighted it. I'm not selfish. In fact I normally have the most revives on my team and I play supportive. Jealous?


You said you'd get no sense of achievment from the game without seeing your KDR. That's all I need to know for this argument. You're only playing the game to boost your own stats and not play in a way that benefits your team as a whole. Now anything else you say about the KDR stat is invalid. Thanks.

Message 45 of 339 (229 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/17/2011
Offline
1431 posts
 

Re: Do you want KDR removed from the leaderboards?

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

Yeah I like to see that all my kills and deaths are amounting to something. If there wasn't any kills and deaths on the leaderboard then whats the point. Everyone would be classed as equal and no matter how well you play you won't be recognised for it due to all the lala boosters on the front pages.

 

I'm not playing to boost my K/D as that isn't even reflected on the leaderboards in positions. I'm playing to win no matter what and having the statstics there is a reflection of how well I'm playing the game. To increase my clan stat.

 

I have 133 clan members. I NEED to work as a team to obtain that amount every match anyway. Do you even realise that theres a chance that I'm actually good at the online part of the game and a jack of all trades. I want something to reflect that. Unless there becomes a comeptive clan system on FraggedNation then the leaderboards is there only way I can reflect that passion.

 

I will play the game how I like to play the game, as a dominating team player. You however can do whatever you wan't and continue to moan about how a minor stat should be remove because it promotes bad teamplay even through it clearly doesn't does it.

>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 46 of 339 (216 Views)
First Son
Registered: 07/27/2012
Offline
1 posts
 

Re: Do you want KDR removed from the leaderboards?

Jun 17, 2013

Yes, please.

Message 47 of 339 (210 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 06/29/2011
Offline
429 posts
 

Re: Do you want KDR removed from the leaderboards?

Jun 17, 2013
NO!! Stop whining about KDR, just play the game forget that, people have the right to have the choice, if they want to see their KDR IT IS THEIR CHOICE!!


Message 48 of 339 (195 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/17/2011
Offline
1431 posts
 

Re: Do you want KDR removed from the leaderboards?

Jun 17, 2013
^ Your the only person that understands me.

Kudos.. Kudos...
>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 49 of 339 (184 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 06/09/2013
Offline
8 posts
 

Re: Do you want KDR removed from the leaderboards?

Jun 17, 2013

HELL No!!! calcunnon cried about this last week. Stats are important, especially KDR. What they need is w/l stats as well as downs and revive stats too.

Message 50 of 339 (178 Views)