Fender Bender
3872 posts

Re: Do you want KDR removed from the leaderboards?

Jun 17, 2013
But why care about the win when your KDR is a stake? There's not even a WLR to counteract this.
Message 71 of 339 (376 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7252 posts

Jun 17, 2013
That's exactly why people don't care about WL only KD
Sleep Matt signature
Message 72 of 339 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Honestly? Removing the K/D won't change people's attitude. They'll still want to be on top of the most recent match board too... My two pence anyway, a lot of people haven't quite grasped the core of the game yet and may be awhile til most randomers realise teamwork is the focus, not kills, regardless of what is on the Leaderboards.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 73 of 339 (364 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4264 posts

Jun 17, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:
But why care about the win when your KDR is a stake? There's not even a WLR to counteract this.

Exactly.

So the best fix for ND, would be to add a W/L/R stat to the leaderboards.

That way, those effect people. Not JUST their K/D ratio.

Somebody could have a killer K/D ratio, but a horrible W/L/R stat. Shows they are not a team player.

And vice vera.

To OP, my vote is still Yes. Unless ND was to add W/L/R to the leaderboard stats. Then, I could care less if K/D is there.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 74 of 339 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Jun 17, 2013

The KD/R will always be the number one goal/priority since this game is a deathmatch type of game.  The supplies/clan thing is just a twist on the game.

With that said, I do NOT want KDR removed.  Leave it in, it's a core part of the gameplay. 

Message 75 of 339 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11498 posts

Jun 17, 2013

I don't want it removed from the leaderboards and I don't understand why this seems to be such an enormous issue with everyone. It seems most of you have your mind's set on the idea that playing well as a team and achieving a high KDR are mutually exclusive when they're not.

I can't speak for anyone else but my multiplayer experience up to this point has been fantastic. In almost every match I have played, my teammates played well; this includes reviving each other, sticking together and calling out enemy locations. There has been a few cases where a member of my team would choose to play as a lone wolf and they would often end up not doing well, as they would have no one to revive them or back them up in any way.

People will play however they wish, and blaming a standard leaderboard feature for your poor teammates will not change that; especially when playing as a team is the best way to achieve good stats. I'd also like to mention that the current game modes run on tickets, if I have a player on my team doing their own thing and going 10-1 with no revives, that's fine with me.

If you are truly concerned with how your next teammates are going to be like, play with some friends.

LastShot-
Message 76 of 339 (338 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jun 17, 2013

yes, I hate it when i teammate executes an enemy instead of reviving me

Message 77 of 339 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4298 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

No

Let me explain it as simple as possibe.

1. You don't like or agree with the fact that there is K/D ratio in this game? Here's a real simple solution. Stop caring about it. ND doesn't have do waste their time changing it and you no longer have to worry about it, everyone saves time and effort.

2. You like/don't mind K/D ratio, fine. Then go ahead and keep track of it religiously, or use it as a means to improve, whatever it is you wanna do with those stats. After all they are completely optional, no one is grading you on it, your not going to lose anything if you do or don't pay mind to it right?

Here is the real issue with most of you and KDR and if there is any other possible reason please let me know cause I feel like I've covered it.

Most of you don't like KDR because you feel people "judge" you based on yours. Oh noes your KDR isn't godly, suddenly you feel ashamed or something because not all your little friends think your beast and or people with higher ones start to mock you for having a low one. You get all touchy and next thing you know your crying about how KDR means NOTHING and how it should be a statistic removed from the game. It's kind of hypocritial though if you look at it. Because if it didn't matter to you why would you even comment or talk about it?

Next big issue is with people who always go for those high KDR ratios. Some of you have a problem with these type of people because what? They "try so **bleep** hard" or something? Look most of my friends list is filled with probably the biggest tryhards, kids bragging about "OMG I got a 4KDR in TLOU" and comments with their recent "beast score" was. I will notice these comments and wonder, do people actually care? I mean I look at these comments and think "okay idc moving on" . Yet their are some of you out their that legit do care. Some of you actually get upset over this sort of crap. Let the tryhards be tryhards, there will always be people trying super hard for stats, K/D, W/L, score per minute, whatever it may be. Just be sure not to confuse these people with "pros" or even competitive players. Lets be real here if yourr actually a "pro" you would probably be on a ladder or circuit playing against other top tier players competing and rest assured in that cause you wouldn't be curb stomping or going beast mode(4+ KDR whatever) every **bleep** match in that case. Also being a "beast" at The Last of Us multiplayer sounds about as stupid as it probably is. Few games are actually taken seriously as a competitive platform, The Last of Us is probably "the last" multiplayer game being considered for something like that lol.

Message 78 of 339 (327 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5066 posts

Jun 17, 2013

theklassklown wrote:

Sometimes it's more important to down/execute an enemy instead of reviving a team member. Sometimes the downed person is being watched ny the other team. Sometimes the other team is rushing in. Sometimes the downed person is in a exposed area. Sometimes it's better to execute an enemy and then revive the team member. On and on and on.

Message 79 of 339 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Jun 17, 2013

theklassklown wrote:

I do this by accident all the time, when a downed teammate is right next to a downed enemy and I hit the wrong triangle :smileyvery-happy:

Message 80 of 339 (309 Views)