Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Re: Do you want KDR removed from the leaderboards?

Jun 17, 2013

GMRcris wrote:
Just be sure not to confuse these people with "pros" or even competitive players. Lets be real here if yourr actually a "pro" you would probably be on a ladder or circuit playing against other top tier players competing and rest assured in that cause you wouldn't be curb stomping or going beast mode(4+ KDR whatever) every **bleep** match in that case.

*Looks at GMR's public U2 and U3 public game stats*

*Assumes he must not consider himself pro or even a competitive Uncharted player* <--- Partially a good thing because Uncharted pros do not exist because they do not earn a living

Message 81 of 339 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jun 17, 2013

An interesting article:

http://www.examiner.com/article/naughty-dog-explains-why-the-kill-death-ratio-stat-won-t-be-uncharte...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 82 of 339 (274 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1252 posts

Jun 18, 2013

Is there a way to view the number of total revives someone has?  It's a good indicator of what type of player you are.

Message 83 of 339 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jun 18, 2013

neverbelow wrote:

theklassklown wrote:

yes, I hate it when i teammate executes an enemy instead of reviving me

Sometimes it's more important to down/execute an enemy instead of reviving a team member. Sometimes the downed person is being watched ny the other team. Sometimes the other team is rushing in. Sometimes the downed person is in a exposed area. Sometimes it's better to execute an enemy and then revive the team member. On and on and on.

sure but if me and an enemy are downed right beside each other, id expect to be revived first.

Message 84 of 339 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Jun 18, 2013

I can honestly not care less whether its gone or not. I shall remain neutral.

Message 85 of 339 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Jun 18, 2013
Re: remove KDR

"I'll talk with the team. It's something we had discussed at one point."

So I PMed Eric this thread, asked him to remove KDR...thats his response.
--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 86 of 339 (209 Views)
Fender Bender
2477 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 18, 2013

GMRcris:

Here is the real issue with most of you and KDR and if there is any other possible reason please let me know cause I feel like I've covered it.

1)Most of you don't like KDR because you feel people "judge" you based on yours. 

2)Next big issue is with people who always go for those high KDR ratios. Some of you have a problem with these type of people because what? They "try so **bleep** hard" or something? 

I numbered your 2 points to make this easier...

No man, you're way off.

1) Most people? Not gonna touch how you obviously have no idea how "most people feel," but I, and many others here, dont give a crap about our KD, and we sure as hell arent afraid of being "judged" by a videogame stat.

2) I dont care if people "try so hard." I start caring when people try for kills, and executions, and SELFISH things, when they should care about revivng down teammates, and being a good teammate.

All KRD does, especially in a game like this, is gives people a reason to ignore teamwork. It promotes selfish play. If even only 1-3 people PER MATCH behaved in this manner, well, thats too many. Best just to toss the KRD stat altogether.  

One less thing to tarnish the game. ND feels the same way--read the link that Tapantaola posted at the top of this page!

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 87 of 339 (200 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Jun 18, 2013
Two can play at the game. I've sent a message too. There are two sides to every coin.

You know what, I can bet you million of pounds that even if K/D ratio gets removed people will still not revive.

Want to know why? As people will always aim to have a high in-game kill to death even if its not reflected on the leaderboards and you can't force people to revive, besides half the people don't even revive end up with a garbage ratio at the end of the match anyway (what I've noticed)

Instead of removing something and annoying the other side of the coin why don't they just keep it but introduce other leaderboard statistics too. I mean look at parts/min boosters, why don't you see anyone complaining about it that? Because people are so butt hurt about K/D ratio its ridiculous.
>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 88 of 339 (192 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1097 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 18, 2013

Yes, but keep it in the personal stats where only you and your friends can see it, everything else is an attention **bleep**.

A multiplayer is supposed to feel the same as the game before it. You made that mistake with Uc3 but it was manageable. Now with Uc4 this is just ridiculous.

DeFy Sushi
Message 89 of 339 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Jun 18, 2013
Only you and your friends can see it anyway!! Unless you wade through the thousandssss of players on the leaderboards to find your specific name.
>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 90 of 339 (293 Views)
0 Likes