Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 24 2013
By: RyokuSonic Uncharted Territory 1156 posts

Don't show up on listen mode while standing still

8 replies 308 views Edited Oct 24, 2013
If I were to turn my camera, and my character turned their head in response, does this mean I show up on the listen mode?
Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 1 of 9 (308 Views)
Survivor
2432 posts

Re: Don't show up on listen mode while standing still

Oct 24, 2013

RyokuSonic wrote:
If I were to turn my camera, and my character turned their head in response, does this mean I show up on the listen mode?

Not unless your neck cracks really LOUD. :smileylol: lol :smileylol:

Photobucket
Message 2 of 9 (305 Views)
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Oct 25, 2013

stardeth wrote:

RyokuSonic wrote:

I'll be the serious answer. No, it won't. Now, if you were to move with your left analog stick, yes. The head animation is only for "realism" not actually doing anything other than that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 3 of 9 (189 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Oct 25, 2013

I was under the impression that people show up on Listen Mode no matter what they are doing, with the only exception being if they are using Covert.  I've certainly seen people courching still, waiting to pounce on me.  I suppose this could just be lag compensation....?

Message 4 of 9 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Oct 25, 2013

Bashilir wrote:

stardeth wrote:

RyokuSonic wrote:

I'll be the serious answer. No, it won't. Now, if you were to move with your left analog stick, yes. The head animation is only for "realism" not actually doing anything other than that.

Sorry to thread steal but how does this work with shivving? It could be lag but I get shivved while looking at the enemy. Happened in U3 with stealth kills, probably lag but still.

Message 5 of 9 (159 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1156 posts

Oct 25, 2013

Bashilir wrote:

stardeth wrote:

RyokuSonic wrote:

Thank you, so the "realism" is included with switching a gun in your hands, or does that show up on the listen mode

Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 6 of 9 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3874 posts

Oct 25, 2013
If you fart in your bedroom, the ps3 pad picks up the vibration and you glow red in the game. True story.
Message 7 of 9 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Oct 26, 2013

I've seen people in listen mode while they were crouching completely still.... confuses me...

Message 8 of 9 (123 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2134 posts

Oct 26, 2013

i do this all the time whenever i can lol

on the contrary though if you look closely enough even if you cant see the ghost line of the player even when the player is crouching completely still, the player still gives off little foot steps that give off ripples/vibrations that you can see through listen mode.

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||Twitch: L_A_White_Boy ||
Message 9 of 9 (102 Views)