Jul 27 2013
By: s0n0XdeX Monster Hunter 40 posts

Experimental Modes thread

[ Edited ]
15 replies 314 views Edited Jul 27, 2013
Last night i posted a thread about how im halucinating for a new mode in multiplayer,i saw many people said to have patiance in Naughty Dog,i agree.So i thought,until that time comes,lets get creative and help if we can experiment ourselves about a mode we would like.Lets not Criticise other people's ideas but improve em.

So i though: of a mode that could make shivs a little more principal.Help me out here...

As i play the game and learned more about the map's corners and saw some rooms in stores or hallways(high school and checkpoint) that gave me and idea for a game mode where we these rooms where shiv doors that had inside supplies,a flag,a bag full of supplies,or amunition and purchasables.
To get in these doors we need a full durability shiv so covert training 2 won't help but to shiv someone.There could be only 3 supply boxes in the middle of the stage to fight over materials such as blandes and binding(these two materials could be gained over two supply boxes making a shiv somewhat rare to make(like a molotov?) and be able to open a shiv door.
The mode could run over who scores most or a set of lives like supply raid.
But what goal could there be inside the doors?thats what ive been scrashing my head for,maybe a bag of supplies to score points till 4(probably needing more shiv doors around the stage) or make it by kills(with less shiv doors?).

If not other Likeable tweeks:

-By rounds(if a supply bag is scored or all enemies are dead,ends a round[3 or 4])
-Empty rooms(some shiv doors are empty)
-Bag of tricks(if a player has a nail bomb he can put it inside the bag,and if and enemy picks it up,it blows up downing the player and destroying the bag)

The mode could be called "supply chase"
This is just me having fun and chilling myself down till Multiplayer DLC comes out.
Lets make the thread big,and write down other modes in mind,think of the posibilities,i really want to know what you guys have in mind.
Message 1 of 16 (314 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1067 posts

Re: Experimantal Modes thread

Jul 27, 2013

I like the idea! However, here are my ideas to add to yours. 

Purchaseable weapons are disabled for loadouts in this mode. But purchaseables can be obtained within the shiv doors with limited ammo (can NOT buy more ammo), what ammo you get from the room is all you get for the gun. 

I would make this mode more of a Hardpoin/headquarters/King of the Hill mode. Where you have to hold down an area for points. However, you can venture out and use up supplies (shiv) in hopes to open the doors to help defend/take over a hardpoint.

Or, forget the shiv aspect and make it keys. If you hold a hardpoint for a certain amount of time you gain access to a room with supplies. BUT BEWARE! The enemy can follow you and kill you once you open the door and take the supplies for themselves. 

Ill think of some more and come back here and post! This was literally just 3 mins of thinking, but I got some stuff to do!

photo c2360113-3b52-4c69-8e36-3bb37cb9501c_zps713c8462.png
Message 2 of 16 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Jul 27, 2013
But how would we get these keys,are shivs keys to the doors themselves?

Though i like the idea!
Message 3 of 16 (283 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Re: Experimental Modes thread

Jul 27, 2013
I think the multiplayer needs infected. How about a mode in complete darkness (a reason to bring flashlights multiplayer, yay), and there could be infected patrolling the area. There would be 4 to 8 people I think, all trying to get by the infected to get the bag of supplys in the middle of the map. Only one bag, and the only person who gets any supply's from that round is the one who exits with the bag (multiple exits probably a good idea). So I think this mode would be super tense because if you get detected by the infected then You would get mobbed and you would almost want to keep your flashlight off to avoid detection from the other players, thus limiting your vision. Because even before anyone gets the supply bag, you would want to start offing people (quietly). I think silencers would have to be banned from this mode because then it would just be a deathmatch and then someone goes and grabs the bag at the end. In fact it might be a good idea to take classes and guns right out of this one, it would make you that much more motivated to not be discovered by infected and have to plan your moves carefully. One life per round and maybe 8 rounds? Tell me what you think and any improvements/ changes you Might make. (I also just thought of this: four on four, one team infected, one team human. Infected respawn, humans don't. Switch every round. Best of 5?)
Message 4 of 16 (270 Views)
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jul 27, 2013

Good idea, i like it!

In my opinion game became a little boring now because of lack of modes, maps, weapons, clothes, taunts (wanna pump from uncharted!!)

I play only 3 weeks but i already got everything in game.

Trying to use only shive or molotov for getting some fun 

Message 5 of 16 (269 Views)
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Jul 27, 2013

The multiplayer is getting a little dry already. I try keeping it fresh by doing missions I haven't tried or different loadouts/purchaseables...

Hope the DLC includes a coop infested mode and maybe 2-3 different MP game modes and maps.  

And the winner is!...
Message 6 of 16 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Jul 27, 2013

I'm pretty much bored of the MP modes now :3. The DLC is probably work in progress, but don't know when released. Hopefully like, next month :I

Message 7 of 16 (250 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1067 posts

Jul 27, 2013

YOwerd1234 wrote:
I think the multiplayer needs infected. How about a mode in complete darkness (a reason to bring flashlights multiplayer, yay), and there could be infected patrolling the area. There would be 4 to 8 people I think, all trying to get by the infected to get the bag of supplys in the middle of the map. Only one bag, and the only person who gets any supply's from that round is the one who exits with the bag (multiple exits probably a good idea). So I think this mode would be super tense because if you get detected by the infected then You would get mobbed and you would almost want to keep your flashlight off to avoid detection from the other players, thus limiting your vision. Because even before anyone gets the supply bag, you would want to start offing people (quietly). I think silencers would have to be banned from this mode because then it would just be a deathmatch and then someone goes and grabs the bag at the end. In fact it might be a good idea to take classes and guns right out of this one, it would make you that much more motivated to not be discovered by infected and have to plan your moves carefully. One life per round and maybe 8 rounds? Tell me what you think and any improvements/ changes you Might make. (I also just thought of this: four on four, one team infected, one team human. Infected respawn, humans don't. Switch every round. Best of 5?)

Ive heard of the "complete darkness" thing before, and that sounds so legit. I would say add bricks/bottles too so you can lure infected away from you and/or towards the enemy. Also, if your team gets up in rounds you can just throw those bricks and bottles all around the supply bag to make the other team have a hell of a time trying to get it lol

photo c2360113-3b52-4c69-8e36-3bb37cb9501c_zps713c8462.png
Message 8 of 16 (219 Views)
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Jul 28, 2013
Im not sure if banning some features will be a likeable submission for most players...
Message 9 of 16 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Jul 28, 2013

Hmm how about an escape mode.

One team is the guards while the other is prisoners who just broke out of the holding area. It would rotate in rounds. The guard team would have guns (Either preset loadouts or custom. Personally I think just give the guards assault rifles or shotguns) and flashlights. The prisoners however would only have shivs and maybe covert training 3 (So they can sneak when crouching). The map should have many dark spots or rooms  (Firefly hospital seems perfect location). The escapees have to make it to the exit to escape without being caught and gunned down by the guards.

Simple but I imagine it to be very intense. It fits with the hunter vs hunted feel to the MP modes.

Message 10 of 16 (164 Views)