Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Re: Farming in interrogation? Yay or Nay?

Jan 21, 2014

i think "farming" is the wrong word since if you dont open the box all the way there is the chance the other team could come back and win so its not like its a guarantee

but i dont see the point in finishing quick and having a match only last like 5 minutes, when me and the guys i play with do keep it going we dont "camp" we continue around the map, gather more supplies, give the enemy opportunities to get supplies, i mean keeping a game going and giving the enemy a chance makes it more fun for everyone then just a quick dominating game

Message 11 of 49 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3590 posts

Jan 21, 2014
Capergamer90 wrote : i think "farming" is the wrong word since if you dont open the box all the way there is the chance the other team could come back and win so its not like its a guarantee.
Agreed and when I have done it, I was more interested in healing than killing , I let my teammates do more of the killing . They could stop it from happening and I wasn't spawn camping, they can attack us at their box or go get supplies. The thing is when I have not tried to extend the match and ended matches early in 3 minutes or less, people got mad at my team because they didn't get enough parts. Akyemeni was on my team a few times when this happened .
Message 12 of 49 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

Jan 21, 2014

Definitely no. Farming is changing the outcome of the game on purpose and its a lame thing that lame people do to boost parts. How about playing the game properly like normal decent folk? 

Message 13 of 49 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3590 posts

Jan 21, 2014

The only outcome being changed is me getting more parts by not ending it quick. As an opponent take advantage and beat my team. Thankfully I play supply raid 95%+ of the time and when playing interrogation I try and win ASAP, quickest so far 2:44 minutes time elapsed. Get plenty of hate mail finishing matches quick. 

Message 14 of 49 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

Jan 21, 2014

Boosters and farmers always give excuses like INCAN here. ... Oh I play supply raid 95% of the time so its ok then to farm because I hardly do it ... Again INCAN it dosent matter how many times you do it, its the fact that you do it and how low your morals and principles are to go and do it in the first place. There are several outcomes INCAN, not just you boosting your parts. Ive had team mates who refused to help me (team mates refusing to work as a team to get the objective done) who were all just camping at our base farming kills so I just left. What you dont get INCAN is people like me find it boring playing supply raid in interrogation mode. I go into interrogation mode because I want to play that objective game so by going against the games design you affect public games when you could of just done private games but you are selfish so you dont think about how you play affects others.

Message 15 of 49 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Jan 21, 2014

No. I rather spend my time playing another match than to sit somewhere and boost kdr and my survivors. Both don't mean anything anyway.

Art by Janice Chu
Message 16 of 49 (374 Views)
Naughty Paw
11591 posts

Jan 21, 2014
Morals in video games?

Oh man...

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 17 of 49 (347 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Jan 21, 2014

CaperGamer90 wrote:

i think "farming" is the wrong word since if you dont open the box all the way there is the chance the other team could come back and win so its not like its a guarantee

but i dont see the point in finishing quick and having a match only last like 5 minutes, when me and the guys i play with do keep it going we dont "camp" we continue around the map, gather more supplies, give the enemy opportunities to get supplies, i mean keeping a game going and giving the enemy a chance makes it more fun for everyone then just a quick dominating game

Personally, I'll encourage my team/party to avoid unlocking the box if I have combat training missions to do or I'm seriously trying to achieve something with my survivor count.

Other than that, I agree. Generally, I and the party I'm with don't like to hang around the enemy box too much; it's almost bullying. If we ~farm~ we get away from their box and go for supplies and still give them room and a chance to come back. If they come for us, we'll fight back and if they trip up or I see them desperately running for supplies/crafting, I'll refrain from shooting them.

I don't like the word "farming". I just like to have a bit more fun with people rather than ending the match in 3 minutes and it's easier to do all that when you're 5-0 interrogations and two box notches up. 

Message 18 of 49 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3590 posts

Jan 21, 2014
Acp lol morals in a videogame is hilarious but again . I don't farm in interrogation anymore because I rather get hate mail from people when I beat their team in 3 minutes or less!! They get much more mad they want to be farmed or attempt to farm me, however no excuse I play supply raid 95-98% of the time .

Message 19 of 49 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
738 posts

Jan 21, 2014
Who defines what's right and wrong on a videogame? Not to mention how you define somebody's "morals" due to farming. It is also safe to mention that if the team who has the upper hand on the match is not camping the other team's spawns, they still have the opportunity to turn the tide over.

Gotta love how judgmental people are around here.
Message 20 of 49 (282 Views)