I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Re: Farming in interrogation? Yay or Nay?

Jan 21, 2014

I say Yay.

Farming only works against a random team who isn't working together at all. Once you try farming against a competent team, you'll quickly see it is not a viable strategy. The whole concept is dependent on playing against a team of newbs/randoms. So it really comes down to do you want to play a 5minute game of Interrogation or do you want to try and prolong the round - because let's be honest....the people getting "farmed" on are going to loose regardless.

As things stand, it usually takes a good amount of time to even find an Interrogation match. And usually you aren't going up against a lot of full teams in this mode either. So one could even make the argument that it is better prolonging games against people you are going to win against anyways. I mean whats better... beating them in 5 minutes and then proceeding to wait an even longer amount of time in a lobby trying to find a game or simply milking the round as long as possible.

Lasty "farming" on interrogation is pretty much the closest thing to "Horde Mode" that TLoU is going to give us. I'll be the first to admit that it is incredibly fun to do as well.

Message 21 of 49 (245 Views)
Wastelander
464 posts

Jan 21, 2014

cdub420-- wrote:

I say Yay.

Farming only works against a random team who isn't working together at all. Once you try farming against a competent team, you'll quickly see it is not a viable strategy. The whole concept is dependent on playing against a team of newbs/randoms. So it really comes down to do you want to play a 5minute game of Interrogation or do you want to try and prolong the round - because let's be honest....the people getting "farmed" on are going to loose regardless.

We usually find interrogation games pretty easily.

Farming newbs is even worse. They dont even get kills so how are they getting parts? You are just taking advantage of newer players instead of trying to get some competitive lobbies.

Also there are players that spawn camp in interrogation against newer players and have posted videos of doing it. How is that fair?

Every high level team we run into they leave hte lobby after we beat them, or they back out before the game even starts, or they will quit during mid-interrogations lmao.

My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/swiftydragon/videos - Last of us tips, and gameplay with commentary.
Message 22 of 49 (227 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6979 posts

Jan 22, 2014

farming is a waste, no matter how you put it. It ruins the game mode greatly for all who play it not to farm, I still have nightmares of those Uncharted plunder matches...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 23 of 49 (214 Views)
Fender Bender
3568 posts

Jan 22, 2014
That's horrible I never ragequit and if I lose I wanna play that team again . A lot of high levels ragequit on dlc . Which is just silly imo.
Message 24 of 49 (212 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Jan 22, 2014

Its those "high level" guys that tbag you if they win, and in the next match, if you are winning, rage quit during the match. Hate those guys.

Art by Janice Chu
Message 25 of 49 (207 Views)
Wastelander
741 posts

Jan 22, 2014
Farming is so boring though. If you get to the point in a game where your farming for kills its obviously too easy so why prolong a boring non challenging match when you can do a new one and hopefully more interesting match?
Message 26 of 49 (178 Views)
Wastelander
464 posts

Jan 22, 2014

nabeel055 wrote:
Farming is so boring though. If you get to the point in a game where your farming for kills its obviously too easy so why prolong a boring non challenging match when you can do a new one and hopefully more interesting match?

Because when you can farm, it means lobby is easy hence your KDR goes up which is the only thing that matters.

My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/swiftydragon/videos - Last of us tips, and gameplay with commentary.
Message 27 of 49 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Jan 22, 2014
LOL people are complaining you didn't farm them? That's new. Smiley Very Happy

And nay a million times, BUT if my party wants to then i'll do it, don't want to be "that guy", know what i mean?
Message 28 of 49 (164 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Jan 22, 2014

"Farming" is fun? ROFL. It's the exact opposite. Going into a new match or get paired up with different players (when I play solo) is more fun than farming in one stupid match. I did felt like I was bullying the other team whenever my team delays unlocking the box. But there are people who find bullying fun so there you go.

I signed in to kudo'd a few people here who mentioned they don't do "farming" to feed their clans.

Good day. Smiley Wink

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 29 of 49 (156 Views)
Wastelander
685 posts

Jan 22, 2014

Nay, I say.  Either you’re taking advantage of a less skilled team or boosting (when collaborating with another competent team).

Farming/Camping…doesn’t matter much what you call it, I think the OP was clear on what they were asking about….

Immoral?  Hmmm…I’d tend to think in those terms but maybe unsporting is a better word?

For me though, it comes down to expectations.  I play mostly Survivors because that mode has the strongest incentives to play the way I like, a slower more deliberate approach.  Also, my game time isn’t infinite so I’d rather have more matches of shorter length than a handful of marathons – I get satisfaction out of completing matches (hopefully more wins than losses) not raising my KDR or unlocking useless masks.

If players want to camp on the lockbox, there’s not much I can do about it except finish out the match or leave right away.  I’ll usually finish out the match but eventually leave, I will.  I want to play a match not go through the motions.  If some players get satisfaction out of gaming this way, who am I to say different?  But don’t expect me to stay for the next match or extend the current one and please don’t send me any mail complaining – you do what you want…leave me in peace to get enjoyment out of the game the way I want.

Message 30 of 49 (137 Views)