Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Re: Farming in interrogation? Yay or Nay?

[ Edited ]
Jan 30, 2014

Lol I'll get hate for this but, I love farming in interrogation. Personally me and my freinds have coined it "Horde Mode" - as it is literally the closest thing we are ever going to get in relation to any kind of offical horde mode from ND.

Farming requires a great team - you need players who can hold their own against multiple opponents. In Supply Raid or Survivors, you can get by fairly easily with 1-2 teammates who resemble something more like support players then actual soldiers. If your attempting Horde Mode though, your going to need a full team of people who can handle themselves. One weak link will end horde mode incredibly fast. 

Your team also needs to be very smart and know when to engage and when to back out. If one man falls, it is time to momentarily back out and regroup...otherwise your time camping at the enemie's safe and mowing down enemies is going to be shortlived.

We usually try to keep this going as long as possible. If it becomes apparent that this strategy isn't going to work (our opponents actually know what they are doing and know how to play like a team), then we just strive to end the game as quick as possible.

I urge everybody to try it at least once. It is great fun and really makes Interrogation into a game mode worth playing. Because lets be honest, when both teams know the location of the safe, the game essentially turns into one big stalemate.

Message 41 of 49 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
677 posts

Jan 30, 2014
Horde Mode? Really? Fun? Not for those you're bashing. Does anyone know the word "competition"? Let's bash Noobs so the Community die ASAP. When I read some posts here... ND should make Splitscreen and LAN-Party (just like in Uncharted 3) and drop the Online Multiplayer. Pure killing is what you get in SUPPLY RAID. Pure Surviving AKA Flammenwerfer-Versammlung is what you get in SURVIVORS. Fighting against Infected and tons of Hunters is what you get in the CAMPAIGN. Ignoring the objective and ruin newcomers the game AKA wasting time AKA have the super ability to tell your classmates: "Yo Dawg, I have 250 Survivors in The Last of Us Factions. I'm a beast!"... Yeah. That's INTERROGATION. I think after the 30th kill you should get 20 Parts. After 40th kill 5 Parts.

"You mean the hardest weapon in the game to master and get good with and actually requires skill DOESN'T need a nerf?!?
Get outa here." -dh0rmazine
Message 42 of 49 (201 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1164 posts

Jan 30, 2014

SonGaton wrote:
Horde Mode? Really? Fun? Not for those you're bashing. Does anyone know the word "competition"? Let's bash Noobs so the Community die ASAP.

But they like getting farmed.

Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 43 of 49 (186 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Jan 31, 2014

SonGaton wrote:
Horde Mode? Really? Fun? Not for those you're bashing. Does anyone know the word "competition"? Let's bash Noobs so the Community die ASAP. When I read some posts here... ND should make Splitscreen and LAN-Party (just like in Uncharted 3) and drop the Online Multiplayer. Pure killing is what you get in SUPPLY RAID. Pure Surviving AKA Flammenwerfer-Versammlung is what you get in SURVIVORS. Fighting against Infected and tons of Hunters is what you get in the CAMPAIGN. Ignoring the objective and ruin newcomers the game AKA wasting time AKA have the super ability to tell your classmates: "Yo Dawg, I have 250 Survivors in The Last of Us Factions. I'm a beast!"... Yeah. That's INTERROGATION. I think after the 30th kill you should get 20 Parts. After 40th kill 5 Parts.

Lol the people getting farmed on are going to loose regardless. And horde mode has a ton more killing then Supply Raid allows, my squad usually averages at least 10-15 kills per person...

How do I know this? Well, after you finish a round of Interrogation and start up a game of Supply Raid the game will display the stats from Interrogation that aren't normally displayed - such as Kills, Downs, Executions, and Deaths.

Message 44 of 49 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
677 posts

Jan 31, 2014
Yeah, they will loose anyways -> farming pretty much wastes their time. To Supply Raid: After a Match you can stay in a lobby. So simple killing can go further. Just magic, huh?

"You mean the hardest weapon in the game to master and get good with and actually requires skill DOESN'T need a nerf?!?
Message 45 of 49 (155 Views)
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Feb 1, 2014
LMAO, what am I reading here? ''Low morals'', ''bullying'' ??? SMH at some of the people here. This is a COMPETITIVE VIDEO GAME for Christ sake !!! If people enjoy dominating an inferior team of players, let them have it, as long as they are not cheating or doing anything unfair.

This community really amazes me sometimes. People reeeeally want to push their own agenda on every single player out there. Most of the threads are really requests for nerfing or demanding a certain tweaks against a certain play style. I've seen it in UC3 too, where people whined about players ''farming'' plunder matches. And it 's these 50 or so people that pretty much want to shape the multiplayer for 6+ million people who bought the game.

As for interrogation farming, its pretty **bleep** fun and adds excitement and thrill to an otherwise boring, quick and easy match. Not to mention, its easily the best mode for increasing your clan size and gathering up supplies. Like the other user said, its the closest thing we'll ever get to horde mode. It requires a good team of all 4 players (unlike in SP where 1 player can make a huge difference) and you can practice your defense and offense at the same time. Its the best part of MP right now in my opinion.

So, a big 'yay' from me
Message 46 of 49 (126 Views)
First Son
14 posts

Feb 5, 2014
I think it's fine when you camp at their box and kill them as they rush in. After all, after a few deaths they COULD learn their lesson and try to sneak in instead of just blatantly sprinting over to us. I don't like to camp at spawn points, though. I think that's really unfair and annoying because there is literally no way for them to defend themselves.
If they're low levels and they're really suffering, I'll open the box just to end their pain. But I try to avoid opening it until I get enough supplies for the day.
It usually ends up stabbing me in the back when my team and I camp, though... On more than one occasion have we farmed, then gotten taken out and interrogated, then the other team ended up opening OUR box. Karma, huh?
Message 47 of 49 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
677 posts

Feb 5, 2014
Ignoring the objective is competetive? I don't think so. If the TLoU MP is boring you can play any other games. Dominate your 4 old brother in Rock, scissors, paper - it will make fun cause dominating makes a good time for you in every game/competition. Also SURVIVORS can be exciting. Just one life. That's what. At least when you don't go rambo and **bleep** everyone with your AK-47 which has endless Ammu a la CoD.

Message 48 of 49 (87 Views)
Gaming Beast
1945 posts

Feb 5, 2014

Songaton the objective is not being ignored simply prolonged.

Message 49 of 49 (78 Views)
0 Likes