Apr 18 2014
By: ericisgey First Son 4 posts

Find match (DLC, No parties) after PS4 release

13 replies 336 views Edited Apr 18, 2014

I think ND should add the option to search games with no parties on DLC maps after the release of TLOU for the PS4 since more people will have the DLCs and the pool would be bigger. At the very least add the option for Supply Raid since it is the most played mode, right?

I love the four maps from Abandonded Territories and I am sure gonna like the upcoming maps so please ND, playing with/against parties really ruin the fun for me.

Shotgun is OP
Message 1 of 14 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

Re: Find match (DLC, No parties) after PS4 release

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2014

Yeah some of my friends and myself dont play dlc maps due to there not being a no parties option. If ND made the dlc maps free then the no parties option on the other maps could be also used for the dlc maps then problem solved.

Message 2 of 14 (332 Views)
Fender Bender
3384 posts

Apr 18, 2014
^Or you and your friends can play together, problem solved! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 14 (313 Views)
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2014

^ I play by myself because I prefer to. I dont tell you you should play solo. I love this ridiculous attitude some people have towards lone wolf players. Its like play with a team or f*** off attitude. I dont like to have my hand held for me while pounding on noobs. I know your type Quinzen. Cowards like yourself who always plays with friends because you are too chicken to play on your own. Then you come in here starting on me for playing solo lol. I paid money for TLOU MP just like everyone else so Im entitled to play it as I see fit.

Message 4 of 14 (310 Views)
Naughty Paw
20194 posts

Apr 18, 2014

There will be no DLC pool on the PS4 version, as there will be no reason to have one.

There won't be cross-platform MP, so PS3 will stand on its own with DLC playlists still in tact.

Message 5 of 14 (285 Views)
Fender Bender
2389 posts

Apr 18, 2014
I'm confused, are you wanting this on the PS3 version? Or the PS4 version?

PS3: Bad idea, the player pool will already be worsened after the PS4 version comes out.

PS4: No need, all DLC maps will be on the disc, so there will be a party pool, and a non party pool.
Pepsi
Message 6 of 14 (280 Views)
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

Apr 18, 2014

^ Great Smiley Happy Ill be getting a ps4 then.

Message 7 of 14 (277 Views)
Survivor
2220 posts

Apr 18, 2014

I just noticed the OP's name.

facepalm

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||Twitch: L_A_White_Boy ||
Message 8 of 14 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3384 posts

Apr 18, 2014
@ACP Woah calm down it was a joke, (notice the playful little smiley lol) trust me I play by myself way more than I do in parties (although I'd prefer that than a team of randoms any day). Let's take it easy. Ok?

I remember someone mentioned splitting up the player pool with No parties DLC, would mean only the people interested in the mode would switch, (noobs and people not in parties) thus you just won't see anything but even dumber noobs (who don't know the difference between modes), and of course pub stomping parties like myself (lol jk). Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 14 (230 Views)
Fender Bender
2812 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2014

A-Crap-PIayer wrote:

^ I play by myself because I prefer to. I dont tell you you should play solo. I love this ridiculous attitude some people have towards lone wolf players. Its like play with a team or f*** off attitude. I dont like to have my hand held for me while pounding on noobs. I know your type Quinzen. Cowards like yourself who always plays with friends because you are too chicken to play on your own. Then you come in here starting on me for playing solo lol. I paid money for TLOU MP just like everyone else so Im entitled to play it as I see fit.

I used to play solo in the DLC pool all the time and I didn't complain about stacked parties. What gives?

Relax and don't assume that everyone is a n00bstomper. Some people genuinely care about lag. That's all.

SjShane wrote:
I'm confused, are you wanting this on the PS3 version? Or the PS4 version?

PS3: Bad idea, the player pool will already be worsened after the PS4 version comes out.

PS4: No need, all DLC maps will be on the disc, so there will be a party pool, and a non party pool.

^ This.

It would be a bad idea to add a no-party DLC pool, especially after the PS4 version is released! Why? Because half of the PS3 DLC pool (most DLC players are hardcore players) will migrate to the PS4, so the PS3 DLC pool will become even smaller.

Proper solution for PS3-only players: make the DLC maps free for everyone (stop crying about your $20!) and/or implement cross-platform MP between the PS3 DLC pool and the PS4 pool. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 14 (165 Views)