Jul 22 2013
By: MuddledMuppet Wastelander 529 posts

Flamethrower Appreciation Thread: New Vid 07/23/13

[ Edited ]
37 replies 562 views Edited Jul 23, 2013

'Sup

We all know the flamethrower isn't exactly effective, but it CAN be fun! I dodn't have a particularly impressive round with this, but I'm gonna try a few more games with it and see how it goes, if anyone has any flamethrower tips n tricks please feel free to post 'em in this thread Smiley Happy

'Rock is OP, paper is fine as it is': Scissors

Click This! ---> Youtube
Don't click this! --> Blog
Message 1 of 38 (562 Views)
Limit Breaker
17622 posts

Re: Flamethrower Appreciation Thread: Smoke & Burn!!

Jul 22, 2013
I did have a"blast" trying this out, although the timing required usually means I get killed a lot at close range.

But there is certainly a massive satisfaction to burning someone up. The screams are terrific.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 2 of 38 (555 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
529 posts

Jul 22, 2013

scootgar wrote:
I did have a"blast" trying this out, although the timing required usually means I get killed a lot at close range.

But there is certainly a massive satisfaction to burning someone up. The screams are terrific.

One of my mates has an addiction to burning people with molotoves, he's general screaming 'buuurrrrrrnnnnn!' when he throws one.

I worry about my choice of friends sometimes....

Click This! ---> Youtube
Message 3 of 38 (550 Views)
Limit Breaker
17622 posts

Jul 22, 2013
Great online friend, maybe not so great irl?

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 4 of 38 (548 Views)
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jul 22, 2013

Used the flamethrower for the first time yesterday.  Getting 10+ kills each game with it ( 0-4 deaths).

As in the video, its weakness is the 2x4, I lost to that weapon 100% of the times and that why I stopped using it.

Another thing I really dislike about the flamethrower, and its probably the biggest down, is that you don't get bullets for a kill, like with the military sniper for your main/offhand. So in games where you can't heal your teammates enough, I was either bullet-starved or fuel-starved.

The great thing about the flamethrower is its really fun to burn people. In 1 game where I went 14-14-0, I heard the enemies saying **bleep** that infernoman etc. That made me laugh.

It's a great weapon in close combat, wins vs every gun except shotgun and is about 70/30 in favor against lvl2 SAR (body shots).

Its starting costs is 300, and you can get 3 kills with it. Even more if the enemies are standing next to eachother, allowing to kill 2 enemies with just 10 (ohz?).

Now for my tip:

In your video I saw you running to enemies with it and it resulted in death on your part. I've noticed that a great use of the flamethrower is to lure people around corners, over walls etc while you wait for them, standing right next to it. While they jump you're already burning 'em up! 

Message 5 of 38 (518 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3511 posts

Jul 22, 2013

I love to use it in survivor, I was the last man standing and all 4 on the opponent team were still alive, so I crouched to a chamber with only 1 way in, then I went to sit into the corner, shot all my bullets of my revolver so that I would appear on the opponents radar, then equiped the flamethrower and burned all 4 of them as the rushed into my little camping spot xD

and the great thing about it, is that if I use it in survivor, and the opponent kills me too, then I win the round, because the flamethrower is an instant execution and I only get downed, so I can either be saved by teammates, or I win the round because my opponent died first Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 38 (497 Views)
Wastelander
529 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2013

@scootgear, hahaha great summation Smiley Happy

TOEDOLS wrote:

Used the flamethrower for the first time yesterday.  Getting 10+ kills each game with it ( 0-4 deaths).

As in the video, its weakness is the 2x4, I lost to that weapon 100% of the times and that why I stopped using it.

Another thing I really dislike about the flamethrower, and its probably the biggest down, is that you don't get bullets for a kill, like with the military sniper for your main/offhand. So in games where you can't heal your teammates enough, I was either bullet-starved or fuel-starved.

The great thing about the flamethrower is its really fun to burn people. In 1 game where I went 14-14-0, I heard the enemies saying **bleep** that infernoman etc. That made me laugh.

It's a great weapon in close combat, wins vs every gun except shotgun and is about 70/30 in favor against lvl2 SAR (body shots).

Its starting costs is 300, and you can get 3 kills with it. Even more if the enemies are standing next to eachother, allowing to kill 2 enemies with just 10 (ohz?).

Now for my tip:

In your video I saw you running to enemies with it and it resulted in death on your part. I've noticed that a great use of the flamethrower is to lure people around corners, over walls etc while you wait for them, standing right next to it. While they jump you're already burning 'em up! 

A lot of good info there buddy thanks, especially the last bit Smiley Happy

sad thing for me is most of the people i play with are pretty good players, and end up getting a load of kills while i'm still fiddleing with padlock on the first supply box Smiley Very Happy

Ended up with a couple of mvp's with it, will post further videos in this thread

Click This! ---> Youtube
Message 7 of 38 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
529 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

I love to use it in survivor, I was the last man standing and all 4 on the opponent team were still alive, so I crouched to a chamber with only 1 way in, then I went to sit into the corner, shot all my bullets of my revolver so that I would appear on the opponents radar, then equiped the flamethrower and burned all 4 of them as the rushed into my little camping spot xD

and the great thing about it, is that if I use it in survivor, and the opponent kills me too, then I win the round, because the flamethrower is an instant execution and I only get downed, so I can either be saved by teammates, or I win the round because my opponent died first Smiley Happy

That.... that... just sounds awesome!

Click This! ---> Youtube
Message 8 of 38 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3511 posts

Jul 22, 2013

MuddledMuppet wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

That.... that... just sounds awesome!

it was, but I was lucky that they all ran into my little camping spot at the same time thinking 'HE'S MINE!', this only happened once, I had in supply raid recently that I burned 3 people at the same time that were opening a supply box and didn't see me coming xD

it is not really an effective weapon, I have to say, I die more with it than I kill people, but I really don't care, like you said, it's about having fun, and I have so much fun using that weapon, if I wanted I could just execute people from a distance with an semi-auto rifle and have a decent score, but where is the fun in that Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 38 (473 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Jul 22, 2013

Why I dislike the flamethrower:

People will run thru your flames and down you with a nail bat every single time.

Message 10 of 38 (462 Views)
0 Likes