Fender Bender
3590 posts

Re: Flamethrower Appreciation Thread: New Vid 07/23/13

Oct 27, 2013

Love the mighty Flamethrower. People adapted to it though. Was going 11-10-3 with it now maybe 8-7-4 or so.

Message 31 of 38 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
708 posts

Oct 27, 2013
Lol I run away every time I see someone with the flamethrower. I'm used to taking on people up close since I always have brawler. But after the patch, I can't I fighting everyone lol
Message 32 of 38 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17639 posts

Oct 27, 2013

I've had to force myself to try out other weapons.  I've become sod ependent on the flamethrower way of play.

Been trying out the assault rifle, which is wildy inaccurate, but a riot to play with.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 33 of 38 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3590 posts

Oct 28, 2013

The assault rifle Aka bebee gun is too weak for me to use often.

Message 34 of 38 (107 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 28, 2013

The Flamethrower is overpowered as long as you know how to use it. i use it in "competitive" matches and gets a lot of kills with it. It can beat a 2x4, as long as you start flaming before he is about to swing you. Depending on the timing, there are 4 possibilites :

1 - You had a very good timing, and he burns before hitting you

2- You had a lucky timing, and he hits you but get burned, so the hit from his 2x4 is cancelled and you get back to life (glitch caused by the lag)

3- You had a bad timing, so he hits and downs you, but get burned (so you can get revided, but he can't)

4- You had a very bad timing, and he hits and down you before getting burned, so you lose.

Most of the time, I'm in configuration 1 or 2, sometimes 3, rarely 4.

in 1v1 close combat, it often happens that I get down if he starts shooting when I start flaming, but he will burn anyway, whereas I'll only be downed. (configuration 3)

Also, the ammo are extremely cheap, and I usually always have enough ammo during the whole game, as long as my shots (flames) are killing at least one opponent each time I use it. You have to be aware that due to the lag, the opponent dies 1 to 2 sec after reaching 0 HP (moment where he burns). Keep this timing in mind if you want to avoid "over flame" (waste of ammo). With experience, you will know how much flame are needed to flame you opponent, so you can stop flaming, and he will burn 1 to 2 sec later (most of people keeps flaming during those 2 sec, thinking the opponent is not dead, which can waste about 10-15 ammo).

Also, the opponent burns in flame at 0 HP, but due to the lag, if you flame and puch him right before he is suppose to die from the flame, he will get to 0HP, from you puch, but burn in flame from the flamethrower. This can save you 5-10 ammo, but is risky if failed.

The only drawback, like any other purchasable, is that you have to focus your parts in buying ammo instead of buying armor/weapon upgrade (unless you are doing a very good match)

It also has a psychologic impact : people starting to die under your flame will be less keen on rushing using a 2x4 or other close range weapong. The only weapon that beats me all the time when used properly is the shootgun (but once again, if you start to flame soon enough from a corner, sometimes you will die but he will get burned)

Myst

Message 35 of 38 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
245 posts

Oct 28, 2013

Mysth7 wrote:

The Flamethrower is overpowered as long as you know how to use it. i use it in "competitive" matches and gets a lot of kills with it. It can beat a 2x4, as long as you start flaming before he is about to swing you. Depending on the timing, there are 4 possibilites :

1 - You had a very good timing, and he burns before hitting you

2- You had a lucky timing, and he hits you but get burned, so the hit from his 2x4 is cancelled and you get back to life (glitch caused by the lag)

3- You had a bad timing, so he hits and downs you, but get burned (so you can get revided, but he can't)

4- You had a very bad timing, and he hits and down you before getting burned, so you lose.

Most of the time, I'm in configuration 1 or 2, sometimes 3, rarely 4.

in 1v1 close combat, it often happens that I get down if he starts shooting when I start flaming, but he will burn anyway, whereas I'll only be downed. (configuration 3)

Also, the ammo are extremely cheap, and I usually always have enough ammo during the whole game, as long as my shots (flames) are killing at least one opponent each time I use it. You have to be aware that due to the lag, the opponent dies 1 to 2 sec after reaching 0 HP (moment where he burns). Keep this timing in mind if you want to avoid "over flame" (waste of ammo). With experience, you will know how much flame are needed to flame you opponent, so you can stop flaming, and he will burn 1 to 2 sec later (most of people keeps flaming during those 2 sec, thinking the opponent is not dead, which can waste about 10-15 ammo).

Also, the opponent burns in flame at 0 HP, but due to the lag, if you flame and puch him right before he is suppose to die from the flame, he will get to 0HP, from you puch, but burn in flame from the flamethrower. This can save you 5-10 ammo, but is risky if failed.

The only drawback, like any other purchasable, is that you have to focus your parts in buying ammo instead of buying armor/weapon upgrade (unless you are doing a very good match)

It also has a psychologic impact : people starting to die under your flame will be less keen on rushing using a 2x4 or other close range weapong. The only weapon that beats me all the time when used properly is the shootgun (but once again, if you start to flame soon enough from a corner, sometimes you will die but he will get burned)

Myst

Great tips for the flamethrower. Kudos. Smiley Happy

(I will add that killing an ennemy with this weapon only requires 15 ammo, so half a load).

Message 36 of 38 (71 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 28, 2013
Yes, killing an enemy who has no armor requires 15-20ammo. Ive killed people with less than 10, but they were not full life.
Message 37 of 38 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
942 posts

Oct 29, 2013

The flamethrower is now better than the shotgun..

its cheaper to maintain.

its cheaper in loadout points.

it almost always kills no downs because of flames.

it is stealth.

it burns through armor.

Message 38 of 38 (37 Views)
0 Likes