Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
4 posts

Re: Flamethrower...

Nov 27, 2013

INCANGENERAL wrote:
chugger Cannon Fodder Nov 26

Had to come here for my first post. FT needs to be 3 points or damage nerfed. Simple as that...

Not at all just got buffed 2 mos ago it is good as is. Good players know how to thwarth a flamethrower. Just because you die from something or dislike it doesn't mean its obvious it should be nerfed.

Well I didn't say why I thought it should be nerfed, but since your flaming...pun intended

I do not think it is balanced with all the other weapons, particularly in Survivors. That is why I think it should be nerfed. Just my opinion, it's not gonna change anything...don't worry.

Message 21 of 45 (6,696 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2013
double post
Message 22 of 45 (6,695 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
925 posts

Nov 27, 2013

Tavo973 wrote:

If they raise the cost of the Flamethrower ammo, it'd probably be less OP.....

3 would be fair but i wouldnt touch the actual flamethrower aside from loadout cost.

Message 23 of 45 (6,675 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
637 posts

Nov 28, 2013
How about if the flamethrower downed instead of insta-execute. Atleast then you have a chance of a revive when you've been lag killed. (You down someone then that 0.5 secs of lag/invisible flame kills you)
Message 24 of 45 (6,660 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
925 posts

Nov 28, 2013

Reezellthia wrote:
How about if the flamethrower downed instead of insta-execute. Atleast then you have a chance of a revive when you've been lag killed. (You down someone then that 0.5 secs of lag/invisible flame kills you)

No. Make it 3 points.

Message 25 of 45 (6,657 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1915 posts

Nov 28, 2013
^No leave it alone. It's been said before, and I will say it again, you put the Flame Thrower in a cage with either a Shotgun, AR or El Diablo, and I garentee if they have a half decent aim, will put down the Flame Thrower user, before the other player gets burned.
Message 26 of 45 (6,631 Views)
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Nov 28, 2013

Flamethrower is fine as it is, although I do admit that lag can make it very annoiying.

People tend to rush with it, so you can look for them and ambush them, or keep your distance and shoot them from afar.. 

Unless the guy with flamethrower has maximum sensitivity you will be able to run and shiv him.

Or, which seems to work the best, use a shotgun. The thing will down the flamethrower guy so fast that he won't be able to kill you. Unless there's massive lag, or you get jumped (which is your own fault, don't blame the weapon) shotgun will always win against flamethrower.

Message 27 of 45 (6,628 Views)
Big Daddy
16305 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2013

Had some great flamethrower moments tonight.

Teammates engage enemy, enemy faces team, flank enemy, burn enemy.   Several times 2-3 members of opposition.

You can do it with a shotgun, if you're close enough, but not with the MS, ED or AR.  Great weapon for situations.  At range?  Useless.

Doesn't need any changes.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 28 of 45 (6,622 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

Nov 28, 2013
I want to add to the conversation that running behind people using the flamethrower for a free shiv kill is an obvious exploit of poorly thought out game mechanics, and is in no way anywhere near legitimate.

Also, I've seen the shktgun lose to the flamethrower more than once. When it happens it's typically the shotgun downing the flamethrower and the flamethrowing outright killing the shotgun. I'll also add that, when deciding which to use, you have to take into account that with the flamethrower you have the luxury of simply firing til they die. With the shotgun, if the first shot doesn't down then you're going to have to fire again, whether you need 5 damage or 50, meaning you just spent an entire click of ammo one a single down.
Message 29 of 45 (6,619 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16305 posts

Nov 28, 2013

Well, there can be some leeway, particularly with armoured opponents, whereby if you "think" you've done enough to kill with the Flammenwerfer, you still may not have done so.  You can stop firing after the enemy is seen executed on screen, but that's usually lag-fed, and can mean wasting a LOT of ammo.

You get a feel for how long it should take to kill someone, and with lag and armour, that can be way off.  Plus, since you normally kill outright, you lose the opportunity for a special execution, or to make a downed enemy bait.  These are disadvantages not normally expressed with the flammenwerfer.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 30 of 45 (6,615 Views)
0 Likes