Fender Bender
2723 posts

Re: Flamethrower...

Nov 28, 2013

Quinzen8 wrote: ^No leave it alone. It's been said before, and I will say it again, you put the Flame Thrower in a cage with either a Shotgun, AR or El Diablo, and I garentee if they have a half decent aim, will put down the Flame Thrower user, before the other player gets burned.

^Exactly FT is not as good as SG nor El diablo, hard to justify making it 3 loadout points.

Message 31 of 45 (138 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 28, 2013

Quinzen8 wrote:
^No leave it alone. It's been said before, and I will say it again, you put the Flame Thrower in a cage with either a Shotgun, AR or El Diablo, and I garentee if they have a half decent aim, will put down the Flame Thrower user, before the other player gets burned.

Really? In a cage? And you think this would be a good mensuration of a weapon's balance? 

Message 32 of 45 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Nov 28, 2013

One time...I escaped the flames of the flame thrower. It was powerful to wipe out my whole team, but there was 1, I who escaped from the flaming beast. The flames of the flaming beast casted upon me, so I was kinda twitching BUT unexpectedly I burned into ashes while teabagging this enemy. Screaming the pain of the wicked flaming beast's flames that was casted upon me THEN something suprising happened while I was fading away into ashes, the whole team was teabagging me. Firing their flamethrowers unleashing the flamebeasts into the air while teabagging my corpse and then the round ended and we won. Smiley Sad

Message 33 of 45 (129 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Nov 28, 2013

Make flamethrower 3-4 points and reduce the range of Smiley Wink

Message 34 of 45 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1528 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2013
@scootgar: Both are true, but I feel like the ability to only use as much ammo as you think you need is a nice benefit. If the shotgun had more shells it wouldn't be so bad, but the fact that it only gets 2 means it's pretty rough on your parts, especially when it already costs more per click of ammo. Or maybe it only seems like it since 2 shells get used up so easily.

And yeah, I've noticed that people don't like to die til a second or 2 after they should. I've gone down quite a few times only for the enemy to burn up after. I also had one comical kill where I used up all of my remaining FT ammo on a guy and he kept going like he was fine. I ran up and smacked him with it and he burned up. Had to laugh at that.
Message 35 of 45 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6481 posts

Nov 28, 2013

flamethrower has benefits that other weapons don't have, so what? most weapons in this game do...

photo Sniper.png
Message 36 of 45 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1528 posts

Nov 28, 2013
Just pointing out that it's something I like about the weapon. And it's hard to say what should be adjusted, if anything. 2 points seems like too few, but 3 seems like too many, and there's not much else that can be change without making it useless.
Message 37 of 45 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6481 posts

Nov 28, 2013

so then leave it as is...

it is good in some situations, useless in many others, and has ups/downs when faced against other purchaseables in varying situations...there a problem to that?

photo Sniper.png
Message 38 of 45 (82 Views)
Fender Bender
2723 posts

Nov 28, 2013

gamepro91 wrote: Make flamethrower 3-4 points and reduce the range of 

^This guy has to be trolling. Increase 3-4 loadout points and limit range too!!

Message 39 of 45 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1528 posts

Nov 28, 2013
The problem is that it's just as effective as the other purchasable weapons, if not more so, for fewer loadout points. The only other weapon that can kill outright is the MS, which costs twice as many points, significantly more parts, and only does so on a headshot against an unarmored target.
Message 40 of 45 (73 Views)
0 Likes