*The L in alex is an i.

Message 21 of 30 (180 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Re: Game modes and map ideas

Nov 11, 2013

how about instead of infected, how about "hells hounds"

in "hells hounds" a group of 4 will have to defend against packs and packs of dogs, wolfs, or any other dog species. remember in the story when ellie noticed the dogs, and joel said they were wild and dangerouse. now we see a close up to what he ment.

new actions. now the dogs can tackle you if they get a jump on you. while your holding them just an inch from your face,  you either tap a button, or someone in your team kicks the dog off of you.

each species is more deadlier then the last. the round or wave is over when you see all the dogs running away ot of sight. then a new species will come in. at the begining, you will deal with the average weak dog. scared at the sound of gun fire. but be careful, they adapt to the sound of your firing. eventually they will just charge you if they had adapted to your movement.

ladders are gone. you cant climb out of the way to save your self, so you have to vault over items or run.

after you had gone through all rounds with each species, a alpha will apear. they are more deadlier then any of the other. they are a shade darker. easily to deal with. you can wipe out all the dogs, or take down the alpha to quickly make the dogs leave, but the alpha is way smarter then the others.

and of course, who could leave out the omega. to make things make sense, the omega comes out to test you first, and your team. then when killed, the alpha comes out. this actualy has an ending. killing all alphas to the species will end the "hells hounds" and giving a Great reward. and a new trophy as well.

what do you think of that?

PSN: ALPHA-GHOST-187

add me anytime
Message 22 of 30 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

Nov 16, 2013

I'd like to see a new game mode, the capture the flag type mode makes the most sense to me, New maps we might see would probably be the hotel, sewers or hospital

Check Out the PuertoRicanNinja!
TLOU Factions Gameplay, Montages, Funny Moments and more!
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/GustavoRodriguez1991
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/puertoricanninja91
Message 23 of 30 (152 Views)
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Nov 17, 2013

Cloudburst-- wrote:

My mode would be a hardcore mode. No respawn.

There'd be 2 lock boxes on the map. . .one team needs to 'plant a timed bomb' on one of the lock boxes and then defend that lock box until it explodes.

The other team needs to defend the lock box from attack - or defuse the booby trap before it explodes.

Or just play until one team is eliminated.

The first to win 4 rounds is the winner. . .switch sides after the first 3 rounds.

Pretty much like Search and Destroy.

The lock boxes available on the map would still be available to get items - but there'd be no 2X4 and there's a limit to one Molotov each per round.

For some reason, I can see myself playing this. Heart

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 24 of 30 (148 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Nov 29, 2013

how about a kill comfirm. it may seem stupid but listen,

through out the game, you collect firefly pendents. so during the gmae mode, you kill the enemy and run over for your parts, but you also pick up next to the little item a pendent, it either has a firefly symbol, or the hunter symbol. and the person you killeds name on it.

that all i got for now, my computers a little messed up to post any more.

PSN: ALPHA-GHOST-187

add me anytime
Message 25 of 30 (134 Views)
Highlighted
Wastelander
494 posts

Nov 29, 2013
The Oxygen Mode sounds awesome. I would definitely play that.
Same with the Search and Destroy Mode.

I'd still like to see a Hospital, Sewers would be dope too.
Message 26 of 30 (132 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Oct 2, 2014

the first page of my thread here had some awesome ideas, the last page not so much. take in some consideration?

Message 27 of 30 (101 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Oct 2, 2014
Hunters mode;

Each kill drops a flag/pendant you can pick up, once dropped they can be pick up by anyone. you can carry as many as you can, take the flag/pendant to you base to score. First team to, say 30 wins.
If you kill a guy with any number of flag/pendants they drop along with another for his death that you can then pick up as you own.

Hunters mode!
Message 28 of 30 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2014

The "capture the flag" could be a trash container (full of supplies) (as in the single player campaign) in the middle of the map and both teams need to move it through the map to X location for a certain amount of time, or pass checkpoints (A then B then C), or to get into a high place only reachable through the container (a 2nd floor of a building) to win the match.
Only 1 person could move the container (totally defenceless) and the rest of the team cover him.
Now that I think about it, it is a similar idea like the TF2 train thing (sorry never played TF2, but saw it a few times)
IMO it fit in the TLOU universe, but I'm not sure how to implement it.

Message 29 of 30 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2416 posts

Oct 4, 2014
Jurgen
Message 30 of 30 (47 Views)
0 Likes