Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 07 2013
By: alphaghost775 First Son 17 posts

Game modes and map ideas

29 replies 409 views Edited Nov 7, 2013

so ive had some ideas for some game maps, barely modes but hey, express your ideas here freeely.

i've got a few map ideas. 1 being a map of utterless darkness. and in this map your alowed flashlights to help see, im pretty sure they couldint do this, due to the flash light option it completly gone during multiplay. but it would be kinda cool, it would be more based on stealth.

2nd would be a map that has water. such as a flooded metro tunnel, or a tall grass swamp. the water slows you down, making it hard to move, putting you or a enemy at a disadvantage. and theres vehicals and misc stuff to hop to so you can get around better.

3rd would be a map full of spores. in this map, everyones got a mask.  ill explain more of this in my game mode ideas.

the game mode name could be anything, we can call it "low air levels" and every map has spores in it. everyone gets a gas mask. theres only one round. but theres a timer for your oxygen, and every kill you get, you can pick up a gas mask from the body, just like your would for your parts normaly. you will keep respawning until you run out of oxygen. the game is over when the entire team loses their oxygen.

what do you think?

PSN: ALPHA-GHOST-187

add me anytime
Message 1 of 30 (409 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Re: Game modes and map ideas

Nov 7, 2013

They sound really great. I love how each map would give a sense of urgency and fear in some form. Realistically, I don't see these concepts being possible.

I would want a classic zones mode, where each teams takes over zones and win by completely gaining control of each zone. Or a points base zone match where the highest scoring team wins.

Message 2 of 30 (406 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Nov 7, 2013

i can also see a capture the flag kinda of deal, but more of a "capture the duffle bag" .the duffle bag holds alot of supplys that will be divided for the team. you gotta work as a team, cause the more times the person with the bag gets shot, or even down, the items decrease. so say it starts with 20000 supplys. 5000 for each. but it will decrease if the bag carrier dies, so when another person will grab it and it will be decreased based on how bad the person was killed holdint it. torched a whole lot. shot, not so much.

add me anytime
Message 3 of 30 (397 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2013

I can only see capture the flag if the bag prevents players from running. These maps aren't big and people could run across quickly.

Love the idea though. I would like to add that the entire mode should be point based rather than how many times it was delivered. That way it would be more team oriented rather than one man getting it across the map to the goal.

Message 4 of 30 (392 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Nov 7, 2013

alphaghost775 wrote:

so ive had some ideas for some game maps, barely modes but hey, express your ideas here freeely.

i've got a few map ideas. 1 being a map of utterless darkness. and in this map your alowed flashlights to help see, im pretty sure they couldint do this, due to the flash light option it completly gone during multiplay. but it would be kinda cool, it would be more based on stealth.

2nd would be a map that has water. such as a flooded metro tunnel, or a tall grass swamp. the water slows you down, making it hard to move, putting you or a enemy at a disadvantage. and theres vehicals and misc stuff to hop to so you can get around better.

3rd would be a map full of spores. in this map, everyones got a mask.  ill explain more of this in my game mode ideas.

the game mode name could be anything, we can call it "low air levels" and every map has spores in it. everyone gets a gas mask. theres only one round. but theres a timer for your oxygen, and every kill you get, you can pick up a gas mask from the body, just like your would for your parts normaly. you will keep respawning until you run out of oxygen. the game is over when the entire team loses their oxygen.

what do you think?

I posted an idea of an all dark map a while ago. It got pounced on but i would still like it. The hotel would be best :smileytongue:

Message 5 of 30 (383 Views)
First Son
23 posts

Nov 7, 2013
Someone else had an idea for a game mode in which infected would occasionally roam through. I believe there was a thread about it, and I really like this idea.
Message 6 of 30 (369 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Nov 8, 2013

what about a "brawl" mode. only fists. last man standing kinda deal. free for all. king of the hill kind of thing.

add me anytime
Message 7 of 30 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Nov 8, 2013
i like the idea of the low air level game mode, wish developers could make something like that
Message 8 of 30 (327 Views)
Survivor
2074 posts

Nov 8, 2013
They should do the Start the generator King of the hill/Turf War type mode. There was a topic about it some where.
Message 9 of 30 (320 Views)
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2013

Losing oxygen sounds like Dead Space 3 which I'm currently playing its co-op due to TLOU not having co-op. :smileysad:

I didn't like the torch light in MP, never like it at day 1, still wouldn't  like it now.

In fact, I hate darkness on singleplayer because I have problem running and seeing these lights bouncing on my screen. It caused me serious nausea and dizziness. I'm serious about this. I can't play Singleplayer more than 30mins-1 hour straight.

Besides these, love to see more MP modes, ND shouldn't be afraid to explore more possibilities!! :heart:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 10 of 30 (304 Views)