I Only Post Everything
913 posts

Re: Game modes and map ideas

Nov 8, 2013

That oxygen Game Mode thing sounds pretty cool. ND, please, make him work with you - he has ideas!

You mean the hardest weapon in the game to master and get good with and actually requires skill DOESN'T need a nerf?!?
Get outa here." -dh0rmazine
Message 11 of 30 (186 Views)
Gaming Beast
1513 posts

Nov 8, 2013

I think a game mode where you play with people in your region would be pretty cool.

I shoot you first, I die= you lag. Vice versa not applicable.
Message 12 of 30 (185 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Nov 8, 2013

I was thinking that maybe maps should be more dynamic. Not necessarily at the uncharted degree but simpler with things that can be interacted with by players.

Maybe maps filled with traps that must be set up and then triggered from a remote area. To balance such a feature, the traps should take long to be set up and they could be triggered during someone's attempt. So it would be risky to set up but extremely rewarding should someone succeed.

Message 13 of 30 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Nov 9, 2013

Last Man Standing: Simply deathmatch down to the last man standing. The rationale (if one must be required) being each survivor wants to control the region for themself (like Bill). You are self-reliant and have to make your life count, as in Survivors.

Message 14 of 30 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Nov 9, 2013
@smugglin_yoyos That would be the best game mode ever Smiley Very Happy
Message 15 of 30 (154 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1298 posts

Nov 9, 2013

alphaghost775 wrote:

what about a "brawl" mode. only fists. last man standing kinda deal. free for all. king of the hill kind of thing.

We have that already.  It's called Supply Raid and Survivors.  At least that's what it seems like with all these noobs mashing the square button.

Message 16 of 30 (148 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Nov 10, 2013

Infected idea 1: One person becomes a Bloater and is the main target. The bloater can use its spore explosion(reveals all players effected by this because of coughing), its spore globs(the things they throw), and can do a melee to grab for an insta-kill at close range. Bloater is slow, but can sprint. So it pretty much has all of the attributes of a regular Bloater. Every man for themselves, but kill the bloater because it is a nuisance and you will get A TON of points, supply's, and ammo to resupply, as well as a health. So it is a big reward so players have a good reason to kill it.

Infected idea 2: Same as Idea 1, but instead, it is a Team Deathmatch and each team gets their own Bloater that has a certain "Hue" to it so each team can tell who's team it is on. This sounds fun, but I don't know the games limits to handle 2 Bloaters online.

As a Bloater, I think they are blind, so maybe you can only see through hearing mode so the game is like Marco-Polo? Making you vulnerable to surprise attacks. This means you cannot hear people walking/sneaking or bows. BUT, your hearing range is heightened so you can hear people all across the map that may be approaching.

As the Bloater is dead, you wait 30 seconds- 1 minute for a spore plant to spawn(grow) somewhere on the map. During this wait, the game turns into a free for all. When the Spore plant spawns, anyone that wants to be the bloater next runs to the spore plant and infects themselves. First person inside that takes enough damage becomes the new Bloater.

Reasons to be the bloater are that each kill gives you double the points as a regular player, each ability can be upgraded, you can take a good amount of damage, and you do more damage.

Message 17 of 30 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3426 posts

Nov 10, 2013
^The Bloater's vision could look like listen mode, that would be interesting.
Message 18 of 30 (121 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Nov 10, 2013

i dont think the bloater idea will ever work. but the way i see it working is you play in first person. completly black screen. and you can only see the foot step vibration of people. grey for your team, and red for your enemy. and its one his kill. your team will have to collect all of your parts for you in this aswell.

PSN: ALPHA-GHOST-187

add me anytime
Message 19 of 30 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1869 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2013

My mode would be a hardcore mode. No respawn.

There'd be 2 lock boxes on the map. . .one team needs to 'plant a timed bomb' on one of the lock boxes and then defend that lock box until it explodes.

The other team needs to defend the lock box from attack - or defuse the booby trap before it explodes.

Or just play until one team is eliminated.

The first to win 4 rounds is the winner. . .switch sides after the first 3 rounds.

Pretty much like Search and Destroy.

The lock boxes available on the map would still be available to get items - but there'd be no 2X4 and there's a limit to one Molotov each per round.

Killzone 2 userbar
Message 20 of 30 (110 Views)