Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 04/02/2012
Online
1890 posts
 

Re: Gore in Multiplayer. Why I played FULL price for UNFINISHED GAME

Jul 31, 2013

ManatuBear wrote:
Im portuguese and i know that Portugal allows this kind of violence under +18 classification, if Germany and/or UK don't, ITS THEIR PROBLEM! Just stop being lazy and make a specific version for those countries that need censorship.

Its obviously a trend now...


It's only Germany. Over here we have no problems with violence whatsoever.


Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 80 (153 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 07/23/2013
Offline
41 posts
 

Re: Gore in Multiplayer. Why I played FULL price for UNFINISHED GAME

Jul 31, 2013

Psyschock wrote:

crazy-bad wrote:

I want to smoke weed in any public house or cafe here in Canada like they do in Amsterdam. Unfortunately the laws don't allow me to legally do so. I'm not going to yell at my dealer because of it though.


You think because you can smoke weed in Amsterdam you should be able to do so in the whole of EU?

You think because TLOU MP is censored in Germany it needs to be censored in the whole of EU?

Unfortunately the laws of the rest of EU don't restrict gore like it is in Germany. I won't complain that I got gore in the game while Germany didn't....oh, wait. :smileyindifferent: Your logic is flawed and so is every argument from anyone defending ND's/ SCEE decision.

 


I think you missed my point. People shouldn't be taking this out on the developer, they should be upset about the European Union and a couple countries that wouldn't permit this stuff.

 

Could you imagine the logistics of making a version of the game JUST for Germany? Is the game even available in all of the languages of the EU? If not, why aren't you upset about that too? Instead you're all worked up over not seeing someone's head blown off or guts falling out of their stomachs.

__________________
It’s an encrypted unsecured message with a singular, double meaning with touches of transparent subterfuge.
add me: crazy-bad
Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 80 (147 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/11/2013
Offline
199 posts
 

Re: Gore in Multiplayer. Why I played FULL price for UNFINISHED GAME

[ Edited ]
Jul 31, 2013

MANY MANY MANY games, for MANY MANY MANY years had a germany specific version.

EU has 45 countries, 44 are being F**KED over because of a single one.

 

Also, they had no problem making a UK only version without the extra languages as they always do, so your argument is invalid. They could as easily do a Germany only version with the censorship.

Editor/Organizer
Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 80 (144 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Gore in Multiplayer. Why I played FULL price for UNFINISHED GAME

[ Edited ]
Jul 31, 2013

crazy-bad wrote:

Psyschock wrote:

crazy-bad wrote:

I want to smoke weed in any public house or cafe here in Canada like they do in Amsterdam. Unfortunately the laws don't allow me to legally do so. I'm not going to yell at my dealer because of it though.


You think because you can smoke weed in Amsterdam you should be able to do so in the whole of EU?

You think because TLOU MP is censored in Germany it needs to be censored in the whole of EU?

Unfortunately the laws of the rest of EU don't restrict gore like it is in Germany. I won't complain that I got gore in the game while Germany didn't....oh, wait. :smileyindifferent: Your logic is flawed and so is every argument from anyone defending ND's/ SCEE decision.

 


I think you missed my point. People shouldn't be taking this out on the developer, they should be upset about the European Union and a couple countries that wouldn't permit this stuff.

 

Could you imagine the logistics of making a version of the game JUST for Germany? Is the game even available in all of the languages of the EU? If not, why aren't you upset about that too? Instead you're all worked up over not seeing someone's head blown off or guts falling out of their stomachs.


The European Union is not a country (yet)!


Even if it became a country, it would be a federal government like the US and member states would still have state laws.

 

How would you feel if some of the most religious US states banned video game violence using some slippery slope argument (i.e. school shooting massacres)? Would it be fair to apply a state law in the entire US, Canada and Mexico?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 80 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 01/08/2010
Online
15653 posts
 

Re: Gore in Multiplayer. Why I played FULL price for UNFINISHED GAME

Jul 31, 2013
You've raised that before.

And I'll answer, again.

States do have different laws. Strangely enough, Americans take it in stride far better than Europeans do. To a degree.
Also, many state laws are overridden by the constitution, which says states must recognize the validity of other states laws.

Marijuana is legal, recreationally, in two states, now. There isn't an outlandish uproar over this nationwide. People are simply campaigning to get law changed, and pointing to others as precedent.

Some encryption software is legal in some states and illegal in others. So, you would technically have to stop using it once you cross borders.

Hard to find this all anything other than amusing, what with the rabid reaction.
Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 80 (113 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 01/08/2010
Online
15653 posts
 

Re: Gore in Multiplayer. Why I played FULL price for UNFINISHED GAME

Jul 31, 2013
Oh. And gay marriage and spousal rights. Until recently, some states did not have to recognize those...but we're working on it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 80 (111 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Gore in Multiplayer. Why I played FULL price for UNFINISHED GAME

Jul 31, 2013

So, are you saying that Americans never complain about censorship? Can you possibly fathom what would happen on these forums if NTSC copies were censored?

 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/02/fire-emblem-dlc-censored-in-north-america

 

I wonder why IGN hasn't posted an article about TLOU MP... double standards?

 

Also, according to some Germans it's not USK's fault:

 

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=73969393&postcount=234
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=73966898&postcount=229

I don't buy the "don't blame ND, it's Germany's fault" excuse anymore.

And I'll post my suggestion once more:

Solution:

 

Release a free DLC (free as long as you have redeemed the online pass) in the PS store. That DLC will unlock the MP gore toggle in the options, just like DLC maps unlock the DLC toggle in UC3 MP.

In the German PS store this DLC should cost €0.99, to act as age verification (you need to be an adult to buy a PSN card in Germany).

And no, a MP gore toggle would NOT split the player pool. Graphics are rendered locally.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 80 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 07/23/2013
Offline
41 posts
 

Re: Gore in Multiplayer. Why I played FULL price for UNFINISHED GAME

Jul 31, 2013

scootgar wrote:
You've raised that before.

And I'll answer, again.

States do have different laws. Strangely enough, Americans take it in stride far better than Europeans do. To a degree.
Also, many state laws are overridden by the constitution, which says states must recognize the validity of other states laws.

Marijuana is legal, recreationally, in two states, now. There isn't an outlandish uproar over this nationwide. People are simply campaigning to get law changed, and pointing to others as precedent.

Some encryption software is legal in some states and illegal in others. So, you would technically have to stop using it once you cross borders.

Hard to find this all anything other than amusing, what with the rabid reaction.

And just to add to that marijuana argument, even though those states have legalized it for recreational use, the feds can still step in and arrest you since its not a federally accepted law yet.

 

Jack Daniels is distilled in a dry county.

__________________
It’s an encrypted unsecured message with a singular, double meaning with touches of transparent subterfuge.
add me: crazy-bad
Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 80 (99 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Gore in Multiplayer. Why I played FULL price for UNFINISHED GAME

Jul 31, 2013

crazy-bad wrote:

scootgar wrote:
You've raised that before.

And I'll answer, again.

States do have different laws. Strangely enough, Americans take it in stride far better than Europeans do. To a degree.
Also, many state laws are overridden by the constitution, which says states must recognize the validity of other states laws.

Marijuana is legal, recreationally, in two states, now. There isn't an outlandish uproar over this nationwide. People are simply campaigning to get law changed, and pointing to others as precedent.

Some encryption software is legal in some states and illegal in others. So, you would technically have to stop using it once you cross borders.

Hard to find this all anything other than amusing, what with the rabid reaction.

And just to add to that marijuana argument, even though those states have legalized it for recreational use, the feds can still step in and arrest you since its not a federally accepted law yet.

 

Jack Daniels is distilled in a dry county.


Feel free to protest to your government about that, since ND has nothing to do with drugs, alcohol, gay marriage, encryption algorithms, the greenhouse effect or impoverished children in Africa.

 

This is a forum about their latest video game and the MP censorship seems unwarranted, especially considering the fact that USK is more liberal these days.

 

Rabid reaction or not, consumers have a right to complain. NeoGAF and Twitter's "rabid reaction" forced Microsoft to change their DRM policy. You should be thankful to people who stand for your rights and your freedom.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 80 (88 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 01/08/2010
Online
15653 posts
 

Re: Gore in Multiplayer. Why I played FULL price for UNFINISHED GAME

Jul 31, 2013
Yeah, things are complicated. And all us armchair lawyers can guess the decision process all we want. We don't know why it was done.
And, frankly, if a company like Sony cane out and told us, I wouldn't necessarily believe it.

I still suspect a combination of bean counters and legal advisors made an assessment, and Sony went with it.

Americans do get up in arms about censorship. But if the government does it, they get sued. It happens all the time in retailers, who won't carry some items. But private companies aren't subject to first amendment law.
The feeds can feel free to start arresting people. Let's get some legal decisions on the books. The feds will lose. Alcohol says hello.
Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 80 (85 Views)
Reply
0 Likes