Jun 16 2014
By: BrownToilet Hekseville Citizen 300 posts

Gunslinger is useless?

8 replies 716 views Edited Jun 16, 2014

Does anyone even use this perk? I think they should make it less costly points wise. Scavenger easily replaces that skill. I can only see myself using gunslinger in Survivors, but only if I played that Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 9 (716 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6885 posts

Re: Gunslinger is useless?

Jun 16, 2014

it is useful in the awful gamemode(i.e. survivors) but it does seem to lose it's usefulness even in pistol only loadouts. I kinda see it inversly useful compared to scavenger.

gunslinger is good within the first few minutes of the match, while scavenger isn't until you get a couple kills. Although after getting a few kills, you start to have ample amounts of ammo not only for your pistol, but long gun as well thanks to scavenger.

Gunslinger may be useful for the shorty, since it basically lets you go beyond it's ammo cap of 8, and is also useful for the 9mm as well. Not sure how useful for the revolver or enforcer though.

I think I found a decent interrogation loadout that utilises gunslinger ok for me though.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 2 of 9 (707 Views)
Splicer
70 posts

Jun 16, 2014
It's not completely useless; it isn't popular because it has the unusual trait of becoming less beneficial to the player as the match progresses. It's like ND wanted to make a skill that catered to the pistol only load out but didn't quite get it right. If the ammo bonus was increased as you upgrading the gun then it would see some more use but would probably be a little OP. Perhaps lessen the ammo bonus you get and then have it increase with the gun upgrades so people aren't respawning half way through the match with 30 enforcer bullets.
Message 3 of 9 (690 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6885 posts

Jun 16, 2014

something I kinda wish it did though, is still pseudo-stack with pistol upgrades. For example the 9mm, getting double ammo for it starts you off at 20. The upgrades for the 9mm, give you 13 and 15 bullets respectfully without gunslinger at all. Although with gunslinger, I'm still gettting 20 bullets, i.e. only 1 extra kill per respawn. I'm not saying double the 15 bullets to 30, but at least gimme the extra 3-5 bullets per upgrade as well, so that I spawn with 23 and 25 bullets each time.

Since by the looks of it, if I choose to upgrade my 9mm, I'm literally just getting 5 extra bullets from gunslinger level 3 by this point, instead of 10. By my math that's only 50% more, not double the amount.

Message 4 of 9 (680 Views)
Limit Breaker
17603 posts

Jun 16, 2014

Use scavenger.  This is worthless.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 5 of 9 (659 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jun 16, 2014

Like Sanddude said, it gets progressively more useless, so probably build two loadouts, one with Gunslinger 3, and the other with Scavenger 2. When you upgrade your pistol, switch over to the Scavenger 2 loadout.
That's really the only way I could see it being utilized efficiently, if someone really wanted to.

"So that's it, people die and you run away?"
"I know! It's all my fault! But I don't know how to fix it! Where do you start? What do you say? All I can do is go forward. Keep fighting and surviving, until I find the answers I need."
Message 6 of 9 (638 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3390 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 16, 2014
Its not even useful in survivors. I upgrade my guns in that mode too, so it still ends up being useless. They've gotta do something about it to make it worth using.

BTW sanddude: I thought the same, it would be good for the shorty but it isnt. You spawn with 14 bullets but guess what? Lets say i kill a guy with two shots, so i have 12 left. theres 2 shorty shots on the ground because I killed the guy obviously. I CANNOT pick up that ammo because im pass the 8 ammo cap on the shorty. So if i ever want to pick up ammo, i have to have less than 8 bullets, which makes gunslinger+shorty absolutely terrible
"if all multiplayers were just for fun it would be boring."
Message 7 of 9 (625 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1174 posts

Jun 16, 2014

I've only found one fun build for Gunslinger;

9mm Pistol

Sharpshooter 3

Gunslinger 3

Scavenger 2

But it depends, if you plan on fully upgrading it, do you think having 5 extra bullets is worth 4 full loadout points?

Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 8 of 9 (615 Views)
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
6885 posts

Jun 16, 2014

I think having gunslinger and scavenger together in a loadout is a waste. Unless you're blindly shooting a wall, scavenger will more than often keep your ammo count well near the max amount leaving gunslinger virtually worthless by mid-game. At least from how I use my scavenger loadout, those 4 LP are better suited to go somewhere else rather than gunslinger.

Message 9 of 9 (605 Views)