Jul 24 2013
By: x_IHIostile_x Wastelander 573 posts

Has Any Dev Iterated On The Flagrant Hacking?

24 replies 653 views Edited Jul 24, 2013
Or are they to busy turnibg a blind eye behind the scenes, but in Social media still promoting the online portion as a "must play" experience?

Hypocritical and ignorance at its finest....

at least state in writing that the issue is known about, and a patch is incoming to iverhaul the secjrity
measures and the MM system in general.

Petition for IP Bans is needed! With proof, the hackers SHOULD be publicly nullified and scrutinized.

No more "Not allowed to tattle tale" BS.

If they cheat. Lynch them publicly.
Message 1 of 25 (653 Views)
Wastelander
573 posts

Re: Has Any Dev Iterated On The Flagrant Hacking?

Jul 24, 2013
Sorry about the typos. Small phone, big thumbs.. .lmao
Message 2 of 25 (652 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Jul 24, 2013
I agree that these issues do need to be addressed absolutly, but I will say this as to why things are as you stated.
1. About them promoting the online gameplay even with these issues. ND is still a company and that means no matter what they are here to make money they will not attempt to hurt thenselves in any way.

2.often times game companies will not openly speak of an issue unless it can either be properly addressed, meaning they know that they are capable of fixing the issue. If they are not able to fix it then they will do one of two things, the first and most likely thet simpley ignore it easy as that. The second being they say they will look into it then either do nothing or finally admit there is nothing they can do. The will rarely if ever so the secone because they do not want total backlash and rage from the players.

3.You can report the names of said players in question only to the proper powers, sony and whatever ND tech support handles this. Openly accuse another player to the public is slander and that in some cases is not accepted (this does not include trash talk since that's just a petty bout between two people)

4. Puinshment of the guilty player is between them and the higher uos ( I personally hate this because then we never really know if anything gets done when we report people so for all we know our reports go through the mail slot into the shreder instantly for example rockstars handling of red dead redemption they made promises to hand out punishnent, they lied snd continue to do so this day)

Hopefully Naughty Dog mans up and handles this properly to show they won't stand for cheaters, but as I have learned the past few years hope is fleeting and often abused.
Message 3 of 25 (628 Views)
Splicer
76 posts

Jul 24, 2013
I apologize for making a wall I type what I think and only stop when everything has been thought.
Message 4 of 25 (627 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 24, 2013

Here's the thing:

1) Console bans don't work (google PSIDPATCH to find out why).

2) IP bans don't work, because most people have dynamic ones.

3) PSN account bans don't work, because people can make infinite alts.

4) A Title Update won't do much good, because hackers can use a hex editor to modify the new executable.

I hate to say it, but the PS+ requirement on the PS4 will help to curb cheaters/hackers. You cannot replicate infinite PS+ subscriptions.

Banned PS+ account = no online gaming for ya!

ps: Check your PM.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 5 of 25 (597 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4652 posts

Jul 24, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

I hate to say it, but the PS+ requirement on the PS4 will help to curb cheaters/hackers. You cannot replicate infinite PS+ subscriptions.

Good point!

Message 6 of 25 (589 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2013

I just still hope this is an act from rebelion anonymouses that hack, because they feel unappreciated that the developers don't lisen to them on forums like these and because of that continue to hack untill they lisen Smiley Happy.

It sounds to good to be true Smiley Sad .

Message 7 of 25 (548 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Jul 24, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Here's the thing:

4) A Title Update won't do much good, because hackers can use a hex editor to modify the new executable.

wont they just make a new account and just pay again?

Even though that is immensely stupid... I can see people still doing it.

Message 8 of 25 (517 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Jul 24, 2013

x_IHIostile_x wrote:
Or are they to busy turnibg a blind eye behind the scenes, but in Social media still promoting the online portion as a "must play" experience?

Hypocritical and ignorance at its finest....

at least state in writing that the issue is known about, and a patch is incoming to iverhaul the secjrity
measures and the MM system in general.

Petition for IP Bans is needed! With proof, the hackers SHOULD be publicly nullified and scrutinized.

No more "Not allowed to tattle tale" BS.

If they cheat. Lynch them publicly.

I don't think they will ever do anything about it. They may patch it, but they won't do anything to the hackers and those hackers will find another way to cheat.

Keep in mind they still have to sell DLC.

Message 9 of 25 (506 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 24, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Here's the thing:

wont they just make a new account and just pay again?

Even though that is immensely stupid... I can see people still doing it.

Sure, if they don't mind paying $50 again and again... only rich spoiled brats will afford it.

Hopefully Sony will be able to hire dedicated moderators to issue permabans in a timely manner.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 10 of 25 (493 Views)
0 Likes