Aug 17 2013
By: Cloudburst-- Uncharted Territory 1683 posts

Has anyone else got to the stage...

32 replies 620 views Edited Aug 17, 2013
Where they feel every game is exactly the same pile of frustration and boredom?

At first it felt new but now you know that you're gonna to be in a lobby filled with semi auto's..... Molotovs will be the main weapon.... And if you get a great long distance down then you know that they'll inevitably get revived (why devs choose to put last stand in their games AT ALL really disgusts me; let alone give every player the option to cheat death by crawling around like a dog).

I bought season pass for this :smileysad::smileysad:

Without the dumb revive mechanic I mightn't have become as disgusted with it.
Killzone 2 userbar
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 33 (620 Views)
Fender Bender
3477 posts

Re: Has anyone else got to the stage...

Aug 17, 2013

Yes it can get like this for me too. DLC better hurry up.

I will say that playing in private matches with 7 other friends can be very fun. Lots of laughs.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 33 (615 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1683 posts

Aug 17, 2013
None of my friends play the multiplayer. They're even more against "REVIVE ME" style games than me. The fact everyone has the chance to be revived by default meant this was a defo no for me.

DLC needs to come.

Along with another mode that cuts out all the crap.

I want good tactical gun battles. Not "OMG AN ENEMY THROW MOLOTOV INSTEAD OF SHOOTING" along with that reviving garbage.

If I shoot someone; they die. They don't get to crawl around.

A mode like that and new maps and ill be very excited again.

Killzone 2 userbar
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 33 (607 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15539 posts

Aug 17, 2013

Cloudburst-- wrote:
Where they feel every game is exactly the same pile of frustration and boredom?

Nope.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 33 (594 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1683 posts

Aug 17, 2013
I can see why the revive thing was put in (for people in Uncharted who felt it wasn't easy enough for the "casual crowd" and I guess some of you might belong to that and enjoy the "I've been out gunned but ill get revived :smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy:" play style.

But real players who enjoy a challenge want a kill to be a kill.
Killzone 2 userbar
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 33 (589 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3477 posts

Aug 17, 2013

Cloudburst-- wrote:
I can see why the revive thing was put in (for people in Uncharted who felt it wasn't easy enough for the "casual crowd" and I guess some of you might belong to that and enjoy the "I've been out gunned but ill get revived :smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy:" play style.

But real players who enjoy a challenge want a kill to be a kill.

You are describing an Uncharted-ish style of play. CoD if you will. The downed/revive style is one of the things what makes this game different than most online shooters. What your suggesting is something with a higher kill total and really just a different game. It's ok that you don't like the game as is. But I think most of us here on these forums and on my FL like it the way it is. Some technical fixes and maybe a new game mode or two would be nice. But no major changes to health/down/revive/limited ammo structure.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 33 (574 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1683 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2013
Oh no way. I don't want cod.

Reviving is a cod mechanic. If you're a bit crap; put on a perk and get revived. It's very Call of Duty and its "second chance pro" perk.

I want the opposite!!

I want a very slow, tactical game where every move counts; every misstep has a consequence. This game is designed for that in its movement, ammo scarcity etc...... Except they snuck in second chance pro from cod :smileyfrustrated:

I am hoping for DLC which has "survivors" mode ; no respawns ; but with the spice of actually having to watch what you're doing without being able to know your team mate can revive you for free
Killzone 2 userbar
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 33 (560 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
576 posts

Aug 17, 2013

I cannot stand playing this game ALL the time like I could UC2. I skipped UC3 for what it was. I did play it but surely not like I played UC2. However, UC3 still kept me going for a few months cause there was a few good things in it and the game had a lot of options, weapons and play styles which could be explored. 

This game on the other hand is excellent but lacks variety and since I get bored if I don't get to spawn after I die *cough* I die every now and then; it bores me therefore survivor mode if out of question. There is a limit to how much one can play the supply raid and on a stretch I can play this game for like an hour or two max if I am with friends. This too I play cause I have people to talk to on the mic. Once I reach my breaking point of boredom I switch to BF3 and it gets me calm for a while until I play next.

So yeah, until ND comes up with some patch updates this soon I'll just be playing it when I have friends on. Playing alone is a nightmare. They have been saying "soon" for the DLC but August is nearly over. So... hmmm :-/

-RyukDG

My YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/TheRyukDG || My Twitch: www.twitch.tv/TheRyukDG
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 33 (553 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
15539 posts

Aug 17, 2013

Company makes game with aspects like other game:  company pilloried for unoriginality.

Company makes game with aspects unlike other games: companay pilloried for trying new things.

Company: "**** you, *******."

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 33 (544 Views)
Wastelander
639 posts

Aug 17, 2013

Bored after the first week

Only continued to play it as there was nothing else. Now Zatanna is out for Injustice I can almost enjoy myself playing that 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 33 (542 Views)
0 Likes