Highlighted
Jun 20 2013
By: NeVeO Uncharted Territory 1194 posts

Having played multiplayer, I can say it is...

[ Edited ]
9 replies 197 views Edited Jun 20, 2013

... surprisingly good.

It really encourages stealth/teamplay, for once they weren't lying with PR stunt. Sprint is what should've been in Uncharted 3, only used for concrete scenarios, and listen mode isn't even that bad considering it's short and has long cooldown, even though it would be better without it (radar is enough).

There are bad things though, I don't like that you can buy armor for so cheap and anywhere, it should be more expensive and should only be purchasable during respawn or in determined places (near the boxes with supplies, for example). It is also really lazy how once you press triangle, the executed will die even if the executor is immediately stabbed before even starting the animation.

It sucks too that there are only two modes. Something more objective based would've been good, and infected have to appear in multiplayer somehow, I don't understand why they're not in. I can think of (apart from the obvious co-op) some kind of power play (Uncharted 3) during the match in which some clickers or runners appear in the map, so the players must deal with them somehow.

So, it is a welcome slow paced and brain-requiring multiplayer in a fest of sprint-kill-respawn trend that infected even Uncharted 3. It reminds me of pre-1.05 Uncharted 2; simple but effective. Sadly they will probably kill it with a patch like that one when CoD kids claim "it's too hard".  Enjoy it while it lasts.

Message 1 of 10 (197 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Re: Having played multiplayer, I can say it is...

Jun 20, 2013
I just wish my ps3 came with a headset since the MP is heavily reliant on team work.
Message 2 of 10 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jun 20, 2013

NeVeO wrote:
Something more objective based would've been good, and infected have to appear in multiplayer somehow, I don't understand why they're not in. I can think of (apart from the obvious co-op) some kind of power play (Uncharted 3) during the match in which some clickers or runners appear in the map, so the players must deal with them somehow.

I remember ND saying that they tried to implement them somehow but it just wasn't working. I believe them. This multiplayer has worked out so well that I think a power play type thing would just ruin it.

Looking forward to seeing the infected in co-op though, which they probably will do.

Message 3 of 10 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7543 posts

Jun 20, 2013
I'm anticipating a "horde mode". But yeah I love me some objectives too. CTF is played out though. Maybe a defend your position mode?
Message 4 of 10 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Jun 20, 2013

I am pretty bored with it. Game needs a horde mode. 

TLOU Ellie Signature photo Snowysignature2_zps1e7a159e.png
Message 5 of 10 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

Jun 20, 2013

It is sad for me to say this but... Most of the time it is one big campfest where everyone hides with listen mode and wait of others to make the move.

It encourages camping

photo YT01.png
Made by Carrioner photo GoWMYSIGNATURE.jpg
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Carrioner/][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Carrioner.png[/img][/url]
Message 6 of 10 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jun 20, 2013
Well of course it encourages camping. Lives are limited. People won't run around willy-nilly like it's Uncharted!
Message 7 of 10 (133 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1194 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

Carrioner wrote:

It is sad for me to say this but... Most of the time it is one big campfest where everyone hides with listen mode and wait of others to make the move.

It encourages camping

Not encouraging sprinting around and shooting everything like crazy isn't the same as encouraging camping.

If one team camps, the other team go get all the supplies and oneshot them with molotovs/armor. Maybe you haven't played long enough to realize this.

Message 8 of 10 (118 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13851 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Dunno why.. I never even considered that.

You are right though.

Uncharted 3 sprint = BROKEN I don't care what anyone says, it messes up the entire game.

TLOU Sprint = Spot on. You can't zig zag, it's not a main strategy, it's perfect. Actually ironically it feels like Uncharted 3's summer beta sprint. Which I and everyone always knew was perfect.

Message 9 of 10 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Jun 20, 2013

I love it. It's really fun.

Message 10 of 10 (96 Views)
0 Likes