Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 24 2013
By: T1m_is_Here Uncharted Territory 1279 posts

Hi, I'm kinda new and I <3 the multiplayer but I noticed a few things...

28 replies 335 views Edited Dec 24, 2013

So I'm level 21 and rising I guess you could say and I havn't been playing long but in my short time on the game I have noticed a couple of things that are really just making the game less fun and more aggrivating to play and I was wondering if other people have experienced the same problems I have. 

First the match making is terrible. I'm not sure if it is just because of the lack of players online or if it is malfunctioned but the match making is so unbalanced just about every game is a complete shut out one way or another. Example: I would be pared with a lvl 2, 8, and 0 against a team of lvl 127, 320, 98, and 58. I know they are not in a party because I chose the no party option before I started searching for a match. I just don't see a point in playing the match when a single player on the opposing team is more than 20x the compbined lvls of our team. 

Second I have noticed when my team does well I never get the parts for the match because I'm constantly getting "Lost connection to host" or my PS3 will freeze up and go black and have to be rebooted. I read that this is because the host has left the game but I would figure that there would be some way to set up a back up host in case such an event to make sure everyone who stayed and finished got their parts. 

As far as gameplay goes I love the gameplay except for the lag. I've had people shoot at me and I take cover and I hear the gun shot sound while I'm behind a wall or some then my character falls down. I can never be sure if someone is purposly lagging or if they just have a bad connection but I always thought that when you have a bad connection and lag it harms you not the opposing team. 

Maybe instead of tweeking in game perks and weapons one or two of the above could be fixed or patched. That would really make the game a lot more fun for me and I think everyone else. 

I know I just kinda complained a lot and I'm sorry but the muliplayer is just so fun and really feels like it could be perfect if the things I wrote about above were fixed or even just adjusted to be better in any kind of way. 

Well to everyone who finished my long vent post thanks for reading and if you would like to play with me some time add me I have been looking for some new ppl with mics to play with. T1m_is_Here is my psn goodday all ^^

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 29 (335 Views)
Naughty Host
8522 posts

Re: Hi, I'm kinda new and I <3 the multiplayer but I noticed a few things...

Dec 24, 2013
You can save up to 75% on hats, masks, and other accessories if you buy The Last of Us Season Pass for the low price if $19.99! Buy one today!

NASWIPP.png

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 29 (324 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1279 posts

Dec 24, 2013

No thanks?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 29 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1220 posts

Dec 24, 2013
Don't worry about the user above, he's just a troll :smileyhappy:.

But everything you said above happens all the time, it's better if you party up with people you meet to have a much more enjoyable experience.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 29 (309 Views)
Sackboy
512 posts

Dec 24, 2013
Now featuring special Mexico hat for only 99 pence! Makes you un-killable to all opponents! Hurry, offer runs out never!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 29 (307 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1089 posts

Dec 24, 2013
Welcome to the club! You already found 10% of the flaws of the mp. Keep searching :smileyhappy:

Art by Janice Chu
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 29 (298 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1240 posts

Dec 24, 2013

Glad to see you're enjoying the multiplayer. But as you said near the end of your post, there isn't much we can do other than hope and wait. The 3 problems you brought up are probably the worst of them all, so there isn't much else to worry about I guess. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 29 (294 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 24, 2013

I've been waiting to read a post just like your's. I was about to post one myself because everything you said is true. I'm level 23 and I'm always being matched up with crazy numbers. I've had a few times where the game went on great and evenly. I'd like to meet some more people who are at my level. 

please add me my sign in is: night3659

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 29 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Dec 25, 2013
They're taking suggestions on improvements to the matchmaking currently, check the multiplayer stickied topics
>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 29 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
374 posts

Dec 25, 2013
The Season Pass is well worth $19.99, but the new maps are much more complex from my initial experience and not filled with too many noobs. Still all the issues you experience, I have as well.

Not sure how long this will keep my attention, first MP game I ever played, was not even planning on playing it and one day I tried it and have not been able to stop or start any new games.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 29 (211 Views)
0 Likes