Limit Breaker
17666 posts

Re: Hi, I'm kinda new and I <3 the multiplayer but I noticed a few things...

[ Edited ]
Dec 25, 2013

foofighter2634 wrote:

Ok, had to look up what an assless chap is, but I see where you are getting at now...

So, what is the intention then? Why would they not care about a young, fresh multiplayer with a (quite) big fan base and regular players right now, so more people keep playing it? Why would they wait a year before starting to get rid of flaws? For me there are only two possible answers:

- They are to busy with other stuff

- They simply don't care because the game is already bought, the DLC and hats are bought and the money is already on their bank account

I can't believe the 2nd one, what a loss of reputation!

Just take a look at UC3, with the "Tournament."

There was no "Tournament."  There were cosmetic items, like gun and person skins you could try to win by scoring well in games.  Oh, and you could add to your score by... BUYING TICKETS.

Just another money making scheme.  So month after month goes by, and there are dog skins, ugly dog skins, alligator skins, leper colony skins (I may have made that one up) and still... the final patch, things asked for for years, only got released a couple months ago.

They are, in fact, moneygrubbing.   Why, when party splits were common in Uncharted 2, 4 YEARS AGO, has this issue not been fixed?  See?

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 21 of 29 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Dec 25, 2013
Try playing "no parties"
Message 22 of 29 (105 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1058 posts

Dec 25, 2013

Arzharkhel wrote:
^ The advice above me is perfect for people looking NOT to get better.

^The advice above me is perfect for people looking NOT to get better.

Seriously my advice works, some will hate on it just for the old times sake of trolling a Longbow but its good advice, i have a 2.5KDR and win 85% of matches, only loosing against highly organized (and good) teams of 4. If i had more than my brother and i it would be over.

Message 23 of 29 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1531 posts

Dec 26, 2013
Anyone mind explaining the assless chaps part to me? Were there actual, factual assless chaps as a customization option in UC3?
Message 24 of 29 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
738 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2013
^^

1. Anyone can poach their way up to a high KDR. A more accurate descriptive stat would be a DTDR, but that's not gonna happen.

2. Your advice doesn't work. Maybe it could work against newbies that don't know any better, but experienced players will eat that type of camping for breakfast.

3. Getting accostumed to a "hide behind something to jump" people "tactic" will actually be detrimental towards the player. By using that kind of playstyle you're not allowing yourself to experience actual combat and different fighting scenarios; therefore, making you unable to react to situations that you are not accustomed to.

In other words... Hiding like a pansy will make him even worse than he actually may be.
Message 25 of 29 (79 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Dec 26, 2013

Bizzerker_Bauer wrote:
Anyone mind explaining the assless chaps part to me? Were there actual, factual assless chaps as a customization option in UC3?

I understood it as synonyme for useless accessories - please correct me if I am wrong

Art by Janice Chu
Message 26 of 29 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Dec 26, 2013

scootgar wrote:
Just take a look at UC3, with the "Tournament."

There was no "Tournament."  There were cosmetic items, like gun and person skins you could try to win by scoring well in games.  Oh, and you could add to your score by... BUYING TICKETS.

Just another money making scheme.  So month after month goes by, and there are dog skins, ugly dog skins, alligator skins, leper colony skins (I may have made that one up) and still... the final patch, things asked for for years, only got released a couple months ago.

They are, in fact, moneygrubbing.   Why, when party splits were common in Uncharted 2, 4 YEARS AGO, has this issue not been fixed?  See?

I didn't play Uncharted Multiplayer really, I think I did try it for 2 or 3 times if I remember correctly, so I don't know about all the fuss going on there. But I believe you, and the more I read about the history of the Uncharted MP, the more sad I get.

Art by Janice Chu
Message 27 of 29 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3607 posts

Dec 26, 2013
Arzharkhel well said I agree a new player needs to experience combat . Hiding is not going to help him attain that and good teams will kill campers . Furthermore Reellongbow speaks of one mode he only plays survivors . You can get away with a lot more on survivors on supply raid or interrogation playstyles such as his often are a detriment to the team.
Message 28 of 29 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1296 posts

Dec 26, 2013

Well longbow I have instead of hiding I have been roaming the map flanking the enemy team for shivs and sneak kills witht he bow. It seems to work well. I thought the whole idea was camping was a bad idea since even if the enemy doesn't see you the camera always tries to show you from where the shots were coming from so staying in one spot kinda felt like it would get me 1-2 kills and then I would be killed in return. Thanks for the advice though. I have been playing a lot today. Battling christmas noobs! lol But it does feel like I am getting better. 

Message 29 of 29 (55 Views)