I Only Post Everything
775 posts

Re: Hit detection worse after patch... Good job ND

Aug 29, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

memphis_saltydog wrote:
Hit detection went from bad to awful after patch... Nice ND

Hit detection is worse because they switched from ping-based to level-based matchmaking! WAKE UP!!!

I've warned ya all...

Actually, we still use "ping"-based, geolocation proximity as one of the filters to match you up. So your assumption is incorrect.

-EvangM

Message 21 of 102 (758 Views)
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Aug 29, 2013
Yeah I noticed this too. I clearly miss the enemy, and then he goes down :/
Message 22 of 102 (753 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 29, 2013

Than explain why ping based match making places me with players from 10,000 miles away? Evan.  On all your titles?

The middle east is Not in Pittsburgh,  you should know that being joel didnt have to drive through it when leaving Pittsburgh. Also Spain, Australia, Engand, France, Russia, arent either. Does this list need to go on?

Your ping detection is worse than hit detection.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 23 of 102 (737 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

Aug 29, 2013
Geolocation? What Earth!
I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 24 of 102 (735 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Aug 29, 2013

EvangM wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

memphis_saltydog wrote:

Hit detection is worse because they switched from ping-based to level-based matchmaking! WAKE UP!!!

I've warned ya all...

Actually, we still use "ping"-based, geolocation proximity as one of the filters to match you up. So your assumption is incorrect.

-EvangM

Why don't you post your source code to prove me wrong? Why do we see more lag after the patch?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 25 of 102 (711 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Aug 29, 2013
Actually Evan, he is right.
I've seen more lag after the patch.
Message 26 of 102 (705 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Aug 29, 2013

EvangM wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

memphis_saltydog wrote:

I've warned ya all...

-EvangM

I dream of the day when all MP will be hosted by dedicated servers... p2p is so bad...

With the MP being behind a paywall in the PS4 and Sony having a deal with Rackspace maybe my dream will become true!

(I doubt it)

Editor/Organizer
Message 27 of 102 (698 Views)
Limit Breaker
17666 posts

Aug 29, 2013
You may see more lags the pool is split.

Some of it must be just horrible luck.

As noted in other threads, I often play in parties with a player in Kuwait, and when he hosts the games are full of ME players and I see very little lag.

There are trade offs to all the matchmaking paradigms. Push what you want, nd will decide.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 28 of 102 (690 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 29, 2013

@ Evan

The problem with low levels being matched to high levels was EXACTLY what I said it was.
High level players left high level lobbies because they could SEE their levels before the match.
This was the issue. Those levels chose to play against new players.
I first hand have seen many many high level players leave in lobby, that were partied up, simply to
avoid a balanced match.
They would NOT get that chance if they could not see the levels in lobby.
This was a simple solution.
Show their connection NOT their level!
Your bad matchmaking in the no-party list wasn't an issue of not finding acquit levels, it was not balancing
the teams with the levels that were there.

Connection to each other, plays way more of a role on online gaming than levels do.
Why do I have to explain this to a developer? Are you not a gamer as well?

Message 29 of 102 (689 Views)
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Aug 29, 2013

scootgar wrote:
You may see more lags the pool is split.

Some of it must be just horrible luck.

As noted in other threads, I often play in parties with a player in Kuwait, and when he hosts the games are full of ME players and I see very little lag.

There are trade offs to all the matchmaking paradigms. Push what you want, nd will decide.

I've seen some ME players lagging pretty bad, i.e. bullet trails coming from their corpses. Some people call it the "Chipotle Jesus" glitch. I prefer to call it the "Lazarus' resurrection" glitch.

Lag compensation needs some fixes. You know very well that retroactive kills are not acceptable.

ND can decide whatever they want, but I've also decided to buy their future games used, just like I did with TLOU.

I could also bring quality players with decent connections in the TLOU pool, but I won't do that either. ND won't get free word of mouth advertising from me anymore. It's their loss.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 30 of 102 (656 Views)