Sackboy
370 posts

Re: How TLOU Multiplayer SUCKS big time

Oct 11, 2013

Griver_87 wrote:

Alright, here is the deal - first time on the PS forums ever to express my deepest disgust and outrage for an absolutely unplayable The Last Of Us Multiplayer.

Besides the myriads of glitches (Map Objects border uniformity between players, respawning in close proximity to the enemy etc) including those which came with the latest update (players don’t die, game disconnects, respawns not occurring with the screen locked on the downed player etc.) the game logic itself is unexplainable.

[1] What in the world the people were thinking of when designing this is beyond me, but as a person who paid $59 I expect a certain quality which was never met by ANY standards (Check out COD, I’ll not exaggerate if I say it was nearly flawless right from the release). Here some of my concerns:

[2] Why join people to a half-through Supply Raids matches and then enforce an obvious supply deficit?

[3] Why then punish for those matches with the annoying hunters attacks? All those challenges are a complete **bleep** btw, I believe people want to play the way they deem necessary not to complete silly tasks.

[4] The pathetic attempt to animate the camp life with those dots and imbecilic status messages – is laughable (Recall the Dungeon Keeper? A very old RTS – thing is the chicken coops back there in 1997 were animated better than that disgrace).

[5] Why I have to quit the game in order to avoid playing a particular map? This is sucks and people are leaving later during the game ruining the match for the rest.

[6] Why those who joined instead of those who left are lowering the reinforcement counter??

[7] Why newly joined people start with the 0 parts instead of team’s average (for instance) so you’ll not just be useless when everybody is with the armor and machine guns?

Anyways, to sum it all up – TLOU multiplayer is a complete garbage and a mess, so for those who beat the story nothing left but just sell or trade the game.

Imho.

[1] They watched The Road and thought it'd make a good 3PS and they were right.

[2] They give you supplies at the end of the round if you joined late, but you probably rage quit before seeing that.

[3] Because people were too lazy to choose missions in U3

[4] Connect to Facebook

[5] Yeah and the 7 other people could each veto a different map and just be left with a circle jerk.

[6] Because it's counting reinforcements not deaths.

[7] Thats not a bad idea.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 31 (325 Views)
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Oct 11, 2013
Not sure if this guy was expecting sympathy or....?

Moi-dix-Mois_43
The Visionary
The Assassins of Fortitude
PlayStation MVP
1662 posts

Oct 11, 2013
well he's not deserving any of my sympathy cuz he's probably one of those whiners that keeps losing and wants nerfing to be done.

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 31 (312 Views)
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Oct 11, 2013
Too many of them on these forums. It's kinda disappointing, cause if and when something that actually DOES need nerfing gets brought up, it just gets lost in a sea of whiny complaints. And the fanbases begin to wonder why they're not taken seriously...

Moi-dix-Mois_43
The Visionary
The Assassins of Fortitude
Uncharted Territory
1322 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2013

Aside from the comment about CoD being flawless (LOL!), I agree with a lot of what you said.  The supply system could really use some reworking.  The glitches are definitely annoying, and the late join hosing you as hard as it does was a really poorly thought out mechanic.  They also went extremely overboard with the Hunter/Firefly attacks.  It can be difficult enough to scrape together enough supplies, and a couple of bad games in a row can decimate your population.  Throwing in numerous no-win events which you can do absolutely nothing to prevent or avoid was just...kindof a sh*tty thing to do.  A couple of them once in awhile wouldn't be so bad, but they happen constantly.  And for some reason that in comparison, even a MALARIA OUTBREAK won't hit you with a negative population, while a Raid challenge will.

Also, on the topic of nerfs, everything that's been done so far has been deserved.  I'm not sure why so many people dispute it.  Things in this game that were so obviously over/under-used have been changed, without chaning them too drastically in either direction.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 31 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Apr 24, 2014

my only complaints about this game are

getting shot 2-3 times and going down..every time

shooting someone 4 or more times and nothing

if these 2 problems didn't happen in every match i would still be playing the mp portion of the game

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 31 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1331 posts

Apr 24, 2014

Griver_87 wrote:

Alright, here is the deal - first time on the PS forums ever to express my deepest disgust and outrage for an absolutely unplayable The Last Of Us Multiplayer.

Besides the myriads of glitches (Map Objects border uniformity between players, respawning in close proximity to the enemy etc) including those which came with the latest update (players don’t die, game disconnects, respawns not occurring with the screen locked on the downed player etc.) the game logic itself is unexplainable.

What in the world the people were thinking of when designing this is beyond me, but as a person who paid $59 I expect a certain quality which was never met by ANY standards (Check out COD, I’ll not exaggerate if I say it was nearly flawless right from the release). Here some of my concerns:

Why join people to a half-through Supply Raids matches and then enforce an obvious supply deficit?

Why then punish for those matches with the annoying hunters attacks? All those challenges are a complete **bleep** btw, I believe people want to play the way they deem necessary not to complete silly tasks.

The pathetic attempt to animate the camp life with those dots and imbecilic status messages – is laughable (Recall the Dungeon Keeper? A very old RTS – thing is the chicken coops back there in 1997 were animated better than that disgrace).

Why I have to quit the game in order to avoid playing a particular map? This is sucks and people are leaving later during the game ruining the match for the rest.

Why those who joined instead of those who left are lowering the reinforcement counter??

Why newly joined people start with the 0 parts instead of team’s average (for instance) so you’ll not just be useless when everybody is with the armor and machine guns?

Anyways, to sum it all up – TLOU multiplayer is a complete garbage and a mess, so for those who beat the story nothing left but just sell or trade the game.

Imho.

url-17.gif

IT'S BETTER TO BURN A SOUL VESSEL THAN TO BE A DIRTY HEXER SCUM!

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 31 (114 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1032 posts

Apr 24, 2014
Nice necro crashhat....
Loadout: Best loadout ever
Silenced Shorty
Sharpshooter 3
Gunslinger 2
Pistol Auto Zoom 2
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 31 (109 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1331 posts

Apr 24, 2014

ExOTiC1234 wrote:
Nice necro crashhat....

ah dammit, failed to see he decided to go necromancer on the TLOU forums. I fell for it :smileysad:

IT'S BETTER TO BURN A SOUL VESSEL THAN TO BE A DIRTY HEXER SCUM!

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 31 (103 Views)
Lombax Warrior
77 posts

Apr 24, 2014

L_A_White_Boy wrote:

Holy ******* **** just another cry baby thats complaining all because of losing.

Grow a pair and grow up. Its just a GAME.

Tired of all these whiners that don't know how to play. Especially the

ones that wanted nerfing done (i.e. sore losers). You win some and you

lose some, happens to everybody. Learn from the more experience players for crying out loud.

Quit being a little *****.

Edit: profanity

^Whining about whining. Grow a pair and grow up. Its just a GAME. Quit being a little *****.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BY0eVG5IUAAPiiT.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 31 (91 Views)