0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5369 posts

Re: How do YOU use Covert Training?

Nov 27, 2013

dragonalvaro wrote:
can a strategist detect a coverted one?

yup

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 40 (144 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1078 posts

Nov 27, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

dragonalvaro wrote:

yup

Yeah, but he has to be really close.. Actually you probably are already shived before you see the dot on the map. It is also confusing on maps with mutliple floors, as you also see the dot if he is above/ below you

Art by Janice Chu
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 40 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5369 posts

Nov 27, 2013

I actually find it really useful on maps with multiple levels, because you can find out someone is trying to flank you, or you could try flanking them, knowing their position. It is also really useful for finding people on the other side of a wall you're on.

If you're super duper quick, you can prevent the sneaky shiv with strategist, but yea most likely by the time you notice it is to late.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 40 (135 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1078 posts

Nov 27, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

I actually find it really useful on maps with multiple levels, because you can find out someone is trying to flank you, or you could try flanking them, knowing their position. It is also really useful for finding people on the other side of a wall you're on.

If you're super duper quick, you can prevent the sneaky shiv with strategist, but yea most likely by the time you notice it is to late.

True about the wall though.

I think everyone should give it a try, I didn't feel it was worth the loadout points. I mean it is cool to know when you get marked as well, but you usually hear someone shouting too, so you know when you got marked that way too.

Art by Janice Chu
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 40 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5369 posts

Nov 27, 2013

i thought the marking thing was useless too, but it got me out of some instances, since I knew when I was the one marked and not my teammates, I can instinctively go into cover or hide from the enemy before they down me when it says I've been marked.

I obviously use it in interrogation and it is definetly worth it there

photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 40 (117 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
925 posts

Nov 27, 2013

INCANGENERAL wrote:
Reellongbow wrote : Hide behind objects with a flamethrower, like the left steps on highschool survivor, the left dumpster on checkpoint, ect. i use 3 so they cant mark me. also free shiv and easy shiv when someone walks by me, also covert combined with flamethrower is perfect for guarding the right tunnel on bus depot.

The above isn't deemed cheesy by reel but a shiv dance is lolzzzz. The logic some people have is funny.

So an ambush is cheesy? Are you just plain stupid? The element of suprise has been used in war for thousands of years since the dawn of man. Thats the whole point of Covert and camping, to get the element of suprise for a preemptive attack. Not some dumb looking flawed "dance" abusing shiv mechanics that was meant for stealth kills.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 40 (98 Views)
I Only Post Everything
925 posts

Nov 27, 2013

dragonalvaro wrote:

Ya, Strategist 2 can detect anyone as a reddot if they are withing 5-10 feet close quarters, that includes below or above you in houses. Its very good if they are behind a wall trying to flank, you will see a red dot appear even if they don't appear on listen mode.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 40 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5369 posts

Nov 27, 2013

dance shiv is new MLG tactic

photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 40 (95 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
925 posts

Nov 27, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

dance shiv is new MLG tactic

Anyone who spams triangle during a fight is a noob. I like to burn those noobs to crips, its not hard just spin the flamethrower around.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 40 (91 Views)
0 Likes