Wastelander
710 posts

Re: How do you play non dlc supply raid??

Feb 1, 2014
It's in the game for you to use. If you want to use them you can do it. Nothing wrong with it. I'm not trying to say destroy noobs whenever you can but if someone quits the game just because they refused to learn I'd rather them not be a part of this game's population. Nobody needs to go easy on anyone.
Message 21 of 31 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Feb 1, 2014
Oh and I play mostly DLC. Just saying it before someone accuses me of picking on noobs.
Message 22 of 31 (140 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2014

There is no need for Shotgun/Flamethrower if your team is leading by a big margin. Seriously.

I switched to my Flamethrower loadout when my team is already losing, I get free parts and I uses them to get ammo for my Flamethrower.

I also have a Revolver only loadout when I have in mutiple occassions headshot the sniper across the map (no pistol zoom) and while he was crawling executed him. Stopped a Flamethrower with Revolver. When I play with only Revolver I have Crafter 3 on so that I can gift items to my teammates (to help my team).

When my team is doing well, I will be using SAR + Revolver loadout so that I can get more downs with guns (for myself).

Recently I have started going back to Bow, and yesterday started using Shorty again. It's nice for a change. I try very hard not to switch to my Flamethrower loadout but I had to when my other 2 teammates goes 0-0 or when they are level 0~3.

I'll switch to Flamethrower if enemy/enemies are using Flame/Shotgun...(but I try not to, I want to use the normal guns against them). :smileyembarrassed:

Oh, I play solo often too (and I hit non DLC when I'm solo). :smileyembarrassed:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 23 of 31 (128 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5128 posts

Feb 1, 2014
Is this really even a topic? It'll it's in the game it's fair play. You choose how you use your load out points to give you an advantage, I'll choose mine. Use whatever load out you want.

As long as I get killed by molotovs and brawler shiv bats, plus welfare mechanics, then I'm going to use purchaseables. I'll vary my loadouts often just for fun whether in a team or solo but purchaseables are never ruled out in matchmaking.
Message 24 of 31 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5128 posts

Feb 1, 2014
I think it's funny how many people here and that I meet in matchmaking say using the main loadout long guns is the only way to be skilled at this game. You're plain retarded if you think that way. One, not all load out weapons are equal. Two, purchaseables are part of the games design.

Guess what else is part of the game's design? Molotovs. Shiv bats. Smoke bombs that stun. Explosion expert. Armor. Ways to see enemies throw walls. And on and on. You get the same number of points to spend on a loadout as the enemy past a certain level. The only thing that makes you more skilled than your opponent is beating them (especially party vs party). That's it.

The theory of people quitting the game because they got trashed early holds no water. I smashed so many noobs in uncharted, kill zone, whatever with whatever I felt like. There was never a shortage.
Message 25 of 31 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1292 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2014

neverbelow wrote:
I think it's funny how many people here and that I meet in matchmaking say using the main loadout long guns is the only way to be skilled at this game. You're plain retarded if you think that way. One, not all load out weapons are equal. Two, purchaseables are part of the games design.

Guess what else is part of the game's design? Molotovs. Shiv bats. Smoke bombs that stun. Explosion expert. Armor. Ways to see enemies throw walls. And on and on. You get the same number of points to spend on a loadout as the enemy past a certain level. The only thing that makes you more skilled than your opponent is beating them (especially party vs party). That's it.

The theory of people quitting the game because they got trashed early holds no water. I smashed so many noobs in uncharted, kill zone, whatever with whatever I felt like. There was never a shortage.

Cept now the Xbox One and Ps4 are out when you were smashing people in the older games they had no next gen to go to. Why play a game you get run over constantly when you could easily move on to the next set of games? Most people play games to have fun and its no fun getting run over every game. 

Message 26 of 31 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
70 posts

Feb 1, 2014

@neverbelow

I agreed 100%, especially "purchasables are part of the games design."

But then you had to go and say "Ways to see enemies threw walls". Nooooo! Unless you're talking about listen mode :smileytongue:

Message 27 of 31 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5128 posts

Feb 2, 2014
I'm taking about both as a defense to it being part of the game. Until that changes then I'll adapt.
Message 28 of 31 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2214 posts

Feb 3, 2014
Neverbelow you are right purchaseables are part of the games design and all is fair in fighting enemies however to use purchaseables on new players who may not have these purchaeables unlocked and or have to use default classes , no need for overkill in my opinion .

Also relying on purchaseables is a crutch in some aspects. That welfare system helps purchase weapon users more than anyone . It's understandable why tournaments don't allow purchaseables.
Message 29 of 31 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Feb 3, 2014

I run like a headless chicken guns blazing and flamethrower flaming because I can get away with it there. lol.

Message 30 of 31 (53 Views)
0 Likes