Mar 29 2014
By: ExOTiC1234 Fender Bender 2575 posts

How i use the Machete

18 replies 472 views Edited Mar 29, 2014
Let me start by saying Im not trying to be a #macheteskillzmaster9000, Im just trying to help thise trying to use the machete.
Let's start off with the class. What class do you want to start off with? I reccommend covert 2 for the start, until you are confortable enough to run around without it (I still use covert). Brawler 2 is a must. One of the Machete's weaknesses is its petty two durability bar. You need to mod it, as two bars only gives two kills, if used effectively.
Heres my Starter class:
Shorty (1)
Any but the bow or silenced weapons (2)
Covert 2 (4)
Brawler 2 (3)
Machete (3)
This class is effective for those who do not feel confident in their short-chete skills. They can pull out their burst rifle if they feel overwhelmed. Soon, you'll look at these as a waste of LP's.
#pro class
Shorty (1)
Covert 2 (4)
Brawler 2 (3)
FAT 1/ Any 2 LP skill (2)
Machete.
This class revolves around using the shorty and the short-chete combo as your main weapon. Its dominate in close range (obviously) and if you do the tactic I'll explain later (duck and weave/bob) you can outgun shotgun users.

This is a class for people who want to use their primary weapon and the machete as a backup.
Revolver (0)
Anything but bow/silenced weapons (2)
Covert 2 (4)
Strategist 2 (4)
Machete (3)
I think this is self explanatory. run out of bullets? Guy needs one more bullet to down. Dont reload! Magnetize towards him and hack him with your machete! Upgrading it wont be as important as in the other classes.

Medics- You can still use the machete too!
Medic-Machete
Revolver (0)
FAT 3 (6)
Brawler 2 (3)
Reviver 1 (1)
Machete (3)
Heal your team mates to either
A) Purchase armor while binding that machete and healing your team-mates in the middle of a firefight! If your friend gets downed you can --
1a) Revive him like a pro ( not reccommended)
1b) Run up in that guys face and show him whos boss with a slash! (proven to work 90% of the time!**
....results may vary
B) Use the parts to keep on buying the machete because armor gives great dishonah!

Now the classes are out of the way, strategies are up next!
Duck and weave/bob- This is what you normally do with the shorty, except its much faster with a short chete. Shoot them once with the shorty, duck behind cover for a split second then pop back up and run at him and slash. Works much better in combo with Magnets.

Magnets- Did you know every hunter/firefly keeps magnets in their shirts? Neither did I! This works to your benefit using the machete! How to activate this move? Simple Tap L2 to run, then quickly press Square! This will cause you to slide a good ~5+ feet because of the secret magnets!!

im currently on my iPad atm so expect some more edits and revisions soon.
Thanks for reading so far...
Message 1 of 19 (472 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1018 posts

Re: How i use the Machete

Mar 29, 2014
My best class with machete is:

-Shorty
-Brawler 1
-FAT 2
-Reviver 2
And machete

This class is very powerful and effective in close maps, you can gain enough parts reviving and healing, although it is a defensive class and only useful against 1 or two enemies
Message 2 of 19 (453 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1018 posts

Mar 29, 2014
One thing more, with the last patch, the 2x4 enemies can be blocked with a shot and you are able to hit with the machete. However, the machete needs a brief buff
Message 3 of 19 (452 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
232 posts

Mar 29, 2014
nice tips :smileyhappy:

when i like to mix it up i too will rock the shortychete.

I prefer to only run shorty with the machete and no large firearm just cuz it feels much different than slapping in a firearm as well. The class plays much more in your face than any other setup.

About the covert 2... it might be good if you playing against tryhards maybe in DLC, but i find that a waste in no parties mode cuz im constantly jogging (not sprinting) instead of crouch walking to get the flank.

I personally run...

Shorty + Machete (4)

marathon runner 2 (3)
brawler 2 (3)
firstaidtraining 1 (2)
stratigiest 1 (1)

I cant live without my runner skill... makes for exciting plays when an attempt at a flank goes wrong (and sometimes gives me a warning with my stratigest)

absolutely love trying to navigate the map when running away dodging, ducking, and weaving :smileyhappy:

Brawler is self explanitory as youve already discussed.

And im a firm believer in FAT1... that few seconds you save will help you big time when needing to heal in mid fight. Especially so when you using shortychete because most of your fights should be in close range...

Got hit a few times? Heal up quick and rush em down that dat combo.

Glad others try the shortychete as well!

Try out my setup and have some fun!

^_^
Message 4 of 19 (445 Views)
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Mar 29, 2014

ExOTiC1234 wrote:
Let me start by saying Im not trying to be a #macheteskillzmaster9000, Im just trying to help thise trying to use the machete.

Magnets- Did you know every hunter/firefly keeps magnets in their shirts? Neither did I! This works to your benefit using the machete! How to activate this move? Simple Tap L2 to run, then quickly press Square! This will cause you to slide a good ~5+ feet because of the secret magnets!!

I'm sure someone in reality uses this ID. ROFL. :smileylol:

I know that when you sprint towards an enemy and then immediately press square when approaching you will slide and slash. Tried it when Interrogation mode first came out. :smileywink:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 5 of 19 (426 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1018 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 29, 2014

The magnetizing power is now much improved post less annoying, because if you hit a few shots the enemy is stunned (patch 1.06.123). In the case of Machete this does not happen because of the rapidity of movements, in addition to the range with the machete is somewhat higher.

Message 6 of 19 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6253 posts

Mar 29, 2014

cool tips, still doesn't excuse the fact that this is all possible with the 2x4 as well which is free. These sound very much like regular stealth classes with the machete just tacked on for extra oomph. It's cool and I don't doubt you can get some sick machete kills, still doesn't excuse the fact that it is still no match for any of the other purchaseables or even it's regular counterpart the 2x4.

photo Sniper.png
Message 7 of 19 (385 Views)
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Mar 29, 2014
As I always say: the machete don't compete with the 2x4. If you have machete and unbox a 2x4, just take it. The machete's point is: buy it whenever you don't have a 2x4, so you will never punch again.
The machete substitute punchs, nor 2x4.
Message 8 of 19 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Mar 31, 2014

I use 

revolver

covert 3

fa 1

brawler 2

machete

I enjoy the challenge of landing one revolver round before slicing to down an enemy.  If you play the environment right it ends up being very similar to the short bob and weave mechanic.  Or even similar to planting a bomb around a corner as an enemy pursues you.  If they have any damage greater than a 9mm, burst or AR round, they're done with the one slash.

This playstyle is simply fun to me.  I enjoy adequately wielding a lesser used purchaseable and getting 1-2 punches on everyone foolish enough to let me close.  That said, I am not terribly comfortable taking a loadout like this into a match against competent players because it does have some limitations.

Something no one seems to consider is the fact that the machete carries over across loadouts.  Only purchaseable capable of such a feat.  I can take it to another loadout that does not have the machete on it.  And still carry the machete.  And keep upgrading it.  And never lose it.  Suddenly more options open up, don't they?

Message 9 of 19 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
232 posts

Mar 31, 2014
^
two things... first off didnt know that bout the machete carry over to other loadouts!!

and two... you sure its one revolver shot then a machete slash to down?? think its two shots then slash
Message 10 of 19 (286 Views)
0 Likes