Hekseville Citizen
334 posts

Re: How not to play TLoU - Tips for all you morons out there.

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2014

Ok some points are true however there will be always (1. noobs - they have to learn first and it ok) 2. and people that are playing bad and stuipd, and i have no problem with that even if they are on my team, sure i hate it and can rage as well if they play so stupid but in these cases i just dont stick together with them the whole match. 

If we loose because 2 noobs in our team doing horrible against a team of 4 good players its no shame.

Ignore the noobs and do your own thing, you can still kick the **bleep** of the others that think it will be an easy game.

someone give me a challenge
Message 21 of 29 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2014

I am OK with noobs. But I am not OK with people > level 30 going 0-1-10. They already played more than 210(!) games. This is just embarrassing. As you see in my game I posted above, the lvl 0 guy went 2-3-4, which is absolutely fine! (I was a bit raging, so sorry dude, you still have to learn)

Scoot: Please add this to your post:

If you are only 2, sitting in cover, and there are 4 guys running at you with molotovs and Shotguns and modded 2x4s. B-A-I-L!!!

I don't know how many times I saw my teammates just sitting somewhere and letting themselves get slaughtered, even though I marked all of those opponents with hawk eye, so they new EXACTLY what was heading their way. Geeeeeez

Art by Janice Chu
Message 22 of 29 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
432 posts

Jan 26, 2014

Here's another hilarious one I had yesterday. There was  one of our guys against 3 enemies. He killed one and was in a firefight with another. While behind cover, he downed the second enemy whie the last one was right behind him and punched him a couple of times. So, what do you think he does? Well, he sprints forward, and instead of turning around to the enemy a few feet behind him, he goes right up and tries to special execute the downed enemy. I expected him to turn around or run into a building, but no he sets himself up for a death within seconds. I yelled at him for it and asked why he did that, and his response was "Oh, well SORRY I'm not as good at this game as YOU ARE." Smiley Frustrated Yeah I could have told you that pretty easily.

Message 23 of 29 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
334 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2014

Yeah just wanted to say that you cant expect that a level. 0-30 player acts in every situation like a level 200 player and even the expierenced players can make mistakes sometimes.

But it is true that there are some really "stupid" players, lol yesterday  I played against some of these noobs (all 4 with mics),  they lost the game 00:19 camping the whole game at their spawnpoints. They did not hit anything so you had all the time you want to kill them, I could hear the sound of the bow sometimes but he never hit me because he missed even if he shot 5 arrows at me.

Some of them quit after the game but now i was in the team with the other two of these "campers" on lakeside and as soon as the match started one of them moved to that little isolated check point house at the end of the map while we were starting to move to the boxes. He was standing in the litte house looking through the scope of his not silenced hunting rifle.

After some minutes i died and could watch him still standing in the house and looking through his hunting rifle scope while all the action was on the other side of the map ok lol, if i had a mic i could have made some advices that this makes no sense and what he could do better.

But since they all were level. 0-10 i dont blame them for being that stupid.

someone give me a challenge
Message 24 of 29 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6971 posts

Jan 27, 2014

In my eyes, there is a difference between being a new player getting the hang of the game and being outright stupid and single-handedly losing the match for your team.

This was something that bugged me in UC3 as well, with guys leisurely walking and stopping every 5 feet, wasting power weapons, giving the enemy a free 20 kills, not being able to react fast enough to a wall coming towards them, etc.

a lot of these things are common sense. I mean you see an enemy shoot them, don't stare at them. You know you make noise on the radar when doing loud things so keep it to a minimum. You will quickly realize how easy it is to die in this game, so try not to go all rambo every single time.

I mean a flat level 0, this is his first game ever, yea I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. But most of these people doing bad are usually level 20+ which is literally already over 100 games played that you defintely had to at least get the fundamentals of the game down.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 25 of 29 (257 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Jan 27, 2014
I can always count on Scoot to hit the community with some logic. These are seriously VERY simple steps that I'm suprised most player can't grasp. It really sucks the fun outta the game when constantly happens.
Message 26 of 29 (212 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1251 posts

Jan 29, 2014

Here's a tip scoot:  Play the DLC play list and quit playing the regular maps playlist.  On average, you get way better players but you knew that Smiley LOL

Honestly I only encounter #1 and #6 often, along with occasionally #4.  When someone doesn't crawl over to me who is behind cover, I just let them bleed out unless I'm sure it was because of a planted bomb.  

As for #2, this is debatable.  Often times it's best to go down the middle of the map, especially if you are going to flank.  You cannot expect a flanker to go all the way around the edge of the map every time to flank.  By the time you do that, the battle in a lot of cases is over and you lose out.  Also, if you play this game enough, you can kind of guess where the other team is. So if you know the coast is clear, go for it.

#3 and #5 I don't see a lot of, thankfully.

Message 27 of 29 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17622 posts

Jan 29, 2014

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Here's a tip scoot:  Play the DLC play list and quit playing the regular maps playlist.  On average, you get way better players but you knew that Smiley LOL

Honestly I only encounter #1 and #6 often, along with occasionally #4.  When someone doesn't crawl over to me who is behind cover, I just let them bleed out unless I'm sure it was because of a planted bomb.  

As for #2, this is debatable.  Often times it's best to go down the middle of the map, especially if you are going to flank.  You cannot expect a flanker to go all the way around the edge of the map every time to flank.  By the time you do that, the battle in a lot of cases is over and you lose out.  Also, if you play this game enough, you can kind of guess where the other team is. So if you know the coast is clear, go for it.

#3 and #5 I don't see a lot of, thankfully.

Yeah, there are better individuals in DLC, but you often face a party of 4, and even one or two weak players on your random teamn handicap you massively there.

As for #2, there are times to go through the center of the map.  Moving down the center in plain sight isn't the same as combining stealth with timely sprinting when the enemy is in a firefight and disctracted.  What I really mean is people who walk everywhere, not using cover, just moving without stealthing.

And you still owe me several dozen games, man, we have STILL never played together! Smiley Very Happy

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 28 of 29 (157 Views)
Sackboy
388 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 30, 2014

Gawd the other day in interrogation. I'm killed and I end up on my teammates screen. He is down already. The first thing I see is a bomb by the box. My teammate is just bleeding out like 2-3 feet away from the bomb.

Then I'm on the mic screaming "YO DUDE! crawl and blow up the bomb! what are you doing! CRAWL!!!!!!!!!"

I swear he was bleeding out for like 5 seconds.

About to break my **bleep** Chair! with these idiots sometimes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bring the Carlton to TLOU

Message 29 of 29 (111 Views)
0 Likes