Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Re: How often do you "account management; sign out"?

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2013
Yeah. I hate the cheap tactics in any game. As I said; devs throw them in for the accessibility. I just wish they wouldn't. Otherwise there'd be more exciting gun play.

Molotovs have their place. They provide a nice dynamic. But each user being able to get about 4 a round at least is ridiculous. Therefore the little accessible guaranteed kill scrub weapon given by the devs suddenly becomes a massive problem.

The noob stick shouldn't be in the game at all. Let alone a perk that makes it down 50% of the entire team with two pushes of square. Coupled with brawler 2 , it's 200% scrub lol

I don't see why people don't hire me I balance their games? I'd make the most balanced game there is. It would have all the unique features we love about tlou multiplayer.... But they wouldn't be as rampant and games would be tight, thrilling, and exciting.... Gun battles.... Cover.... Making people think as opposed to spamming molotovs...It's not hard Smiley Happy
Killzone 2 userbar
Message 41 of 116 (7,076 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

Nov 5, 2013

Calling certain tactics as "nooby" or "scrubby" is a tactic in itself. The person labelling those tactics and players as noobs are trying to make it seem like those players are in the wrong for using certain tactics that have been provided by ND. Instead of taking responsibility that they suck against said tactic they will make out its the other person who sucks. Its called psychological projection. I suck against molly users but I would never label them or that tactic "nooby" as Im the one to blame. People love labelling the smoke + shiv tactic as "nooby" too. The worst case of this was Uncharted 2s SA perk where people went OTT over it and SA users got treated like s*** for using a legit tactic that ND gave them.

Message 42 of 116 (7,071 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Nov 5, 2013
SA users are the same people who spam molotovs and use brawler and stick bat.

Exact same people.

----

SA had a simple balance solution which was never implemented. Make the booster which made you immune to SA - a booster unlocked at level 1.

That way SA users - although the scrubbiest in the game ...weren't GUARANTEED their wall hack against new low experienced players. But of course ND made it a level 40 or so booster so low experienced players just had to deal with wall hacks with no immunity.

Just as bizarre a design choice as constant molotovs and a booster allowing you to down 50% of a team with two buttons.
Killzone 2 userbar
Message 43 of 116 (7,066 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2013

^ If SA users were wrong for using a wall hack then why do you use listen mode? You had the option to use SA too to counter SA users so if you chose another perk then that was your problem.

Message 44 of 116 (7,062 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17622 posts

Nov 5, 2013
Its like Nerfs. Always looking for something to Nerf. Always looking for something to label "scrubby".

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 45 of 116 (7,049 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6978 posts

Nov 5, 2013

i honestly doubt you can make a balanced game...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 46 of 116 (7,048 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

Nov 5, 2013

Agreed Scoot. Its like this ... I keep getting killed by X tactic so shall I take responsibility that I suck against it and by accepting responsibility I can improve and learn against said tactic or shall I keep asking for nerfs and keep labelling those tactics as scrubby? ...

Message 47 of 116 (7,044 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2013
Wallhack wasn't unlocked until a high rank in U2 so experienced players could take advantage (and they did) of the scrub ability due to inexperienced players having no counter. Easy remedy = make the counter a low level unlock. But no. Never happened. So the wall hack continued to be abused. Just like the molotovs and brawler nail stick. It's a real easy scrubby option built into the game so people use it.

Wallhack is built into TLOU for everyone from the start with cool downs etc so is obviously more balanced and on top of that the counter is available easily.
Killzone 2 userbar
Message 48 of 116 (7,032 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Nov 5, 2013
This is a game whereby the object is to kill your opponents right? During the Vietnam War did the Viet Cong say to the US: Excuse me, you seem to be using an awful lot of napalm on us, and we haven't got any so can you please stop? And the US saying, fair point. We'll limit it to just one bombs worth a week. Of course they didn't.
When you fight, you fight to win. And you use whatever you have in your arsenal to achieve that aim. So quitting a game because some other player is using a valid tactic, or a weapon that they have in their inventory is just plain wrong.
Message 49 of 116 (7,018 Views)
Splicer
60 posts

Nov 5, 2013
And if I'm not wrong, the Viet Cong didn't just throw their hands up and quit. They actually went on to win didn't they??
Message 50 of 116 (142 Views)
0 Likes