I Only Post Everything
1100 posts

Re: How the scoring system works, or Fix the glitched display message, ND!

Sep 5, 2013

scootgar wrote:
DeluxeGemini is about as solid a judge add you could ask, lack of experience underdog.

You've got the developers on here agreeing.

Seems solved.

Deluxe based it on the devs, devs based it on host notification(?) - that's one source of agreement, not two. But evidence to the contrary is plentiful.

Which part is glitched, the scoreboard or the respawn counter? In supply raid, the respawn counter is known to be glitchy while the scoreboard has behaved consistently and correctly. Does a last second kill that counts for everyone in the game as per the scores not count because of the Results Message? Did I actually tie my 9-0 match or was that a glitch, which would mean the Results Message *is* prone to glitches?

Message 31 of 92 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
17077 posts

Sep 6, 2013

Bioshock wrote:

scootgar wrote:
DeluxeGemini is about as solid a judge add you could ask, lack of experience underdog.

You've got the developers on here agreeing.

Seems solved.

Deluxe based it on the devs, devs based it on host notification(?) - that's one source of agreement, not two. But evidence to the contrary is plentiful.

OK.  One source, which you disagree with.  That's why there are judges/adjudicators.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 32 of 92 (248 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1100 posts

Sep 6, 2013
The one source was the cause for the 1st reversal, and was at odds with the evidence, so it was escalated again. Now we're getting a near reiteration from the original source, except Sintax mentioned the results message is based on when the host gets the message. But the host had the same scoreboard as the rest of us, how the scoreboard works has been explained, the results message is known to be prone to glitches, so...

I'm being told grass is not green because sometimes the sky is grey.

There has to be something to disprove the evidence to the contrary, because it's too overwhelming at the moment.
Message 33 of 92 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
6722 posts

Sep 6, 2013

my grass isn't green, it's brown and dead

Feet
Message 34 of 92 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
17077 posts

Sep 6, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

my grass isn't green, it's brown and dead

Awww, man, you're such a downer... Smiley Sad

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 35 of 92 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2013

I knew this thread wasn't made for the community in mind but instead your own agenda, however it's interesting to see the ND response on the matters concerning the scoreboard (wouldn't say they're infested with bugs/glitches however - just one repeated phenomena that is almost unrelated to the instance involving what you keep relating to).

I hope that your 'overwhelming evidence' is not to try and disprove something that happened almost 4 weeks ago; which was concluded as a win for another reason entirely bare in mind. But hey, the world cup had goals disallowed which were legitmate - let's get all the countries back together for a rematch - is this the road your trying to pursue, or are you trying to implement something for the future?

>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 36 of 92 (196 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1100 posts

Sep 6, 2013

VironZZ wrote:

I knew this thread wasn't made for the community in mind but instead your own agenda, however it's interesting to see the ND response on the matters concerning the scoreboard (wouldn't say they're infested with bugs/glitches however - just one repeated phenomena that is almost unrelated to the instance involving what you keep relating to).

I hope that your 'overwhelming evidence' is not to try and disprove something that happened almost 4 weeks ago; which was concluded as a win for another reason entirely bare in mind. But hey, the world cup had goals disallowed which were legitmate - let's get all the countries back together for a rematch - is this the road your trying to pursue, or are you trying to implement something for the future?

1. Interesting, but pointless as it goes against the fact that we all got the same scoreboard showing 15 deaths for both teams, and the results message has to be based off the actual scores. And it is indeed infested with visual inconsistencies - scores and people icons not appearing after match sometimes, people icons appearing in vast quantities after match, my 9-0 "You Tied" public match, the fact that you can switch over from interrog to SR and see 900+ respawns remaining when you bring up the scoreboard etc.

Meanwhile, scoreboard has been completely solid and reliable for all SR needs.

The kill in question in our match happened before time ran out. Ignoring the video evidence from the perspective of the person who made the execution, the fact is that stats do not register on the scoreboard after time runs out. Just based on that alone, it was a tie. Equal scores are a tie. It's blatant cheating to insist otherwise, and we'd never do that against another team, not even Faboles'.

2. Once again, it *was* reversed on the basis that MacGruber did not understand his own game's scoring mechanics and that previous matches were decided based on the message, which is disappointing and complicated things thoroughly. TW's involvement was *not* a part of the decision's reversal. This is the final time I'll address this as you ignored comments to this effect previously.

3. It's important to have a precedent that is grounded in the actual facts and not MacGruber's faulty testimony. He can say whatever he wants about his game, but if it goes against real-world tests, he's wrong to do so. If Tlou competitive lasts, it'll happen again and the right ruling needs to be made. The ticket was made immediately after the poor decision by DeluxeGemini and is still being resolved. This is to help facilitate that resolution. You could also facilitate it by admitting that a tie is a tie.

Message 37 of 92 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 9, 2013

So it's for your own agenda not the community.

What about the Sintax confirmation and his opinion on the result of the match and who it should be awarded to?

However you can see how much the game was lagging; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCMRei2G_7k

Nail bombed through a wall in the first seconds of the video.

>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 38 of 92 (151 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1100 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 7, 2013

The ticket was re-escalated (higher than yours) because of incompetence on DeluxeGemini's part and we're now waiting on ND to fess up to the mistakes/inconsistencies. It's taken this long and I'm sick of waiting.

Your ticket and subsequent resolution, which is based on MacGruber and Sintax, is being disputed because it is inconsistent with the way the game works (and every game works) in practice.

The decision was that it was a tie. This was the correct decision, as equal scores are a tie. Anything else is absurd to even argue for.

The respawn counter does NOT have any bearing whatsoever on the final result of a game, as evidenced by screenshots etc.

The position a team is in "You are in the lead," "You lost the lead" is the consequence of getting executed/getting an execution.

It does not work independently of or preemptively to the scoreboard, so the only logical conclusion is that the message glitched due to the delay between the message calculation that comes after the scoreboard is updated.

It could not be any more clear, so it's disappointing and disconcerting that you and those 2 devs are trying to do so, however they did not address the fact that the scoreboard "believed" all of us when we "told it" tice got the execution and still spat out the wrong results message.

Message 39 of 92 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6722 posts

Sep 7, 2013

so like... how bout those fixes to the flamethrower and HR huh?

Feet
Message 40 of 92 (117 Views)