Uncharted Territory
1644 posts

Re: How to level up?

Jun 17, 2013

ponokiyo wrote:

Joshuaalt wrote:
I'm not so sure about that ponokiyo.

I double checked and used my parts down to the last part. They still were counted at the end totals. I am 100% sure.

Hmmm...if that really is the case, I'll have to start buying stuff with my parts. lol. I always save them all because like the other Josh said...I thought it meant you had less supplies to give your population/survivors. I'm gonna test it for myself and see if it works!

Message 11 of 28 (2,095 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2108 posts

Jun 17, 2013
Ya, playing with no armor sucks. I hope it counts.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 28 (2,091 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1644 posts

Jun 18, 2013
It does count. I checked it myself Smiley Happy All parts are converted to supplies whether or not you spend them.
Message 13 of 28 (1,996 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 18, 2013

SWEENEY_1995 wrote:

How do you level up in multiplayer? I'v only played 4 matchs and its not very clear to me how you can see your progress for leving up? Such a simple question i know but i thought i could get a clear answer. Thanks Smiley Happy 

This is one of the most confusing parts of the game and I'm probably going to do a write up just so it can be stickied for newcomers.

Technically, there are no levels.  ND has stated they want to move away from this as it can deter the opposition.

The closest thing to levels would be the number of weeks you've played which is indicated by the number next to your name followed by the "//".  For example 20//Gamer_tag_example  would indicate that gamer_tag_Example has played about 20 weeks worth of the game.

Since you are a newbie, you are probably most concerned with unlocking stuff.  

You unlock hats, masks, taunts, emblems, helmets by progressing in the storyline and growing your clan in the storyline.  For instance, you grow your clan to 75, you can unlock a certain hat.  You make it to week 12 day 3, you unlock a certain mask.

You unlock guns, boosters, gun upgrades, and booster levels by playing games and increasing your TOTAL SUPPLIES.  The supplies you earn in a match are then converted at a fraction to Total Supplies.  For instance, you got 2300 supplies in a match, that 2300 is divided into some formula and it'll be converted to and add to your total supplies.  The more supplies you get in a match from chests, revives, downs, and kills, the quicker you will unlock items.

Hope this helps.

Message 14 of 28 (1,985 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jun 29, 2013
Every part you get counts, doesn't matter if you spend them or not. The clan is just a storyline to see how far you can get with healthy people, a motivator if you wanna call it that. It's also part of the punishment system for leaving games (leave a game early and you'll have a certain amount get sik and hungry)
Message 15 of 28 (1,816 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
294 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

Thanks TimeWarner...this old man was so confused. I was going to blame said confusion in part to the onset of dementia.

Now I can die in-game knowing what I'm doing...kinda

This account is being put to pasture soon...Danny_Xanax shall be the new me.
BHD | LaG | Twitter
Message 16 of 28 (1,812 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Jun 29, 2013
Every seven matches you will level up if you have survivors in your clan. Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 28 (1,805 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Yup, ALWAYS spend all your parts. They do still count towards supplies as others have said.

I spent the first few matches with no armour thinking I should save the parts. Then I saw that loading screen. D'oh.

Message 18 of 28 (1,799 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
85 posts

Jul 4, 2013

I'm also a little confused as well. Does anyone know what the number beside your gamer tag represents during the pre-game loading screen? ex. 15 \\ gamertag

That!...According to the things i heard myself say about you...are the worst!!
Message 19 of 28 (1,723 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

Jul 4, 2013

twomen1 wrote:

I'm also a little confused as well. Does anyone know what the number beside your gamer tag represents during the pre-game loading screen? ex. 15 \\ gamertag

According to ND, the number is "approximately" the amount of weeks you've survived in the clan metagame. Nobody knows exactly how it's calculated.

If you have just the double lines, that means you have yet to complete a 12 week cycle.

When your clan is wiped out, the numbers DON'T reset, so you can have that example of 15// because that just means the person has a total of 15 weeks' playtime with at least 1 failed attempt at the metagame.

So really, it doesn't tell you much at all.

----V^^^V----
I want my meals to think for myself
Message 20 of 28 (1,709 Views)
0 Likes