Aug 16 2013
By: PRO_scrubber Lombax Warrior 117 posts

How to spot host-booters?

[ Edited ]
10 replies 1172 views Edited Aug 16, 2013

Does anyone of you know how to recognize a host booter in this game? 

Me and my friend just played a match of supply raid where we managed to kill off atleast 5 of the enemy team members in the first 2 minutes or so. 

Around 5 minutes latter, my friend reported that he was disconnected. I kept on playing for another couple of minutes, but ended up being disconnected also. 

Message 1 of 11 (1,172 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
3689 posts

Re: How to spot host-booters?

Aug 16, 2013

PRO_scrubber wrote:

Me and my friend just played a match of supply raid where we managed to kill off atleast 5 of the enemy team members in the first 2 minutes or so. 

Around 5 minutes latter, my friend reported that he was disconnected. I kept playing on for about another couple of minutes, but ended up being disconnect also. 

The host more than likely had a bad connection that caused your friend then you to be booted.

I really don't think it was intentional.

Try to avoid lobbies where players don't speak the same language as you. It doesn't fix every thing but it sure freaking helps.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 2 of 11 (1,162 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 16, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

PRO_scrubber wrote:

Around 5 minutes latter, my friend reported that he was disconnected. I kept playing on for about another couple of minutes, but ended up being disconnect also. 

The host more than likely had a bad connection that caused your friend then you to be booted.

Try to avoid lobbies where players don't speak the same language as you. It doesn't fix every thing but it sure freaking helps.

It could very easily be a host booter.  I've run into more than one in various games, and I've experienced the familiar symptoms of host booters in this game, too.  It's not even difficult to do, provided you know how.  And when everyone is systematically removed from the match, it's hard NOT to believe you've been host booted.

Message 3 of 11 (1,141 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3689 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 16, 2013

Bizzerker_Bauer wrote:

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

PRO_scrubber wrote:

It could very easily be a host booter.  I've run into more than one in various games, and I've experienced the familiar symptoms of host booters in this game, too.  It's not even difficult to do, provided you know how.  And when everyone is systematically removed from the match, it's hard NOT to believe you've been host booted.

Your talking about force hosting.

Seen it on cod pretty often.

It's not some thing that is ever been prevalent in any ND games.

Most cases it is caused by being in a match with several players from over sea's and one of them is host.

Your connection may not be strong enough to stay in that match, resulting in you being kicked.

The large amount of players claiming hackers on this game is from players that are new to ND titles.

Many of these issues are prevalent in ALL of ND games.

Freezing tele porting players, invisible players, invincible players, random kicks from match, bending bullets, players taking extreme damage,  and many other out of normal game play oddities.

ND titles handle lag waaaay different than other titles I have played.

Wait six more months when the player pool becomes only die hard fans that get matched with players 12,000 miles away with internet connections not suitable to send a text file.

EVERY issue that I have seen on these forums regarding HACK'S has been in Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3.

Lag does AMAZING things in ND games.

Though one thing for certain I have seen more lag switchers in this title than all of U2 and U3.

Sad really if you think about it, your and I get mad when some one does it to cheap but it maybe the only way that player can actually kill an opponet. I don't get mad, I just feel sad for them.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 4 of 11 (1,132 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17603 posts

Aug 17, 2013

Here we are again, with the fantastic tales of gaming universes which I've never seen, in 5 days of game play...

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 5 of 11 (1,088 Views)
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Aug 17, 2013
Host boosting hey, inb4 ---- shows up.
Message 6 of 11 (1,031 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Aug 18, 2013

Yeah, there is a way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZENylL1RAM

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 7 of 11 (966 Views)
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Aug 19, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Yeah, there is a way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZENylL1RAM

I remember GET+. So douchey, but I've got nothing better to say of that loser who rage quit. 

Message 8 of 11 (924 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
419 posts

Aug 19, 2013
Man I keep getting kicked from all my matches idk if it's cause connections and all that but that's what I'm guessing since my Internet being hogged right now but it doesn't even tell me. Just all sudden I'm at the menu and you have been kicked haha.
Message 9 of 11 (906 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Oct 8, 2013

Then Host booting can't be a crime if you'll allow people to keep Host booting which does really put viruses on your PS3

Message 10 of 11 (802 Views)
0 Likes