Feb 18 2014
By: foofighter2634 Uncharted Territory 1210 posts
Accepted Solution

Huge issue: No ammo from dead bodies!

25 replies 251 views Edited Feb 18, 2014

I was running my Revolver-only support class right now, and it is normal that I have difficulties with lack of ammo in the beginning. That's quite logical as I am only supplied with one weapon and therefore only "half" the ammo.

However, during the game I was always in trouble and running around without ammo, it was sooo frustrating and irritating, until I noticed that I only get ammo from dead bodies OCCASIONALLY.

What is happening here? Is it because of the newly introduced ammo thing with patch 1.06?

Running only a sidearm is nearly impossible now, without spending almost 100% of parts into ammo or hitting boxes whenever one pops up!

Art by Janice Chu
Message 1 of 26 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11028 posts

Re: Huge issue: No ammo from dead bodies!

Feb 18, 2014

It happens mostly if you use melee, shivs, or purchaseables, OR if you have killed many people and that there were alot of ammo boxes on the map already which you haven't picked up.

That's what I have noticed. 

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 2 of 26 (246 Views)
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Feb 18, 2014

This is a good topic to also mention the wrong ammo glitch, again.

We know that if you start with one weapon, and change loadouts, the ammo drops are for the original weapon.

There's a slo a glitch with purchasables.

Start the match with an SAR, for example, and switch to one with no long gun, and say, flame thrower.  Everyone you kill with the flamethrower will drop SAR ammo.

Switch back to SAR: instant massive supply of AMMO all over map.

Message 3 of 26 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Feb 18, 2014

AKyemeni wrote:

It happens mostly if you use melee, shivs, or purchaseables, OR if you have killed many people and that there were alot of ammo boxes on the map already which you haven't picked up.

Hm, I did not use a single shiv that game, no purchasables, meleed 1x with a modded 2x4. However I went like 10-9-2-5, so a really good match, but without all the heals and revives I would not have been able to get enough parts for ammo. I picked up boxes whenever I could, but as everyone knows, thats not always easy.

Was it a thing before the patch as well? I never had any issues like that.

Art by Janice Chu
Message 4 of 26 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11028 posts

Feb 18, 2014

foofighter2634 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

Hm, I did not use a single shiv that game, no purchasables, meleed 1x with a modded 2x4. However I went like 10-9-2-5, so a really good match, but without all the heals and revives I would not have been able to get enough parts for ammo. I picked up boxes whenever I could, but as everyone knows, thats not always easy.

Was it a thing before the patch as well? I never had any issues like that.

It happened to me before the patch as well. 

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 5 of 26 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1513 posts

Feb 18, 2014
Uh oh.
I shoot you first, I die= you lag. Vice versa not applicable.
Message 6 of 26 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Feb 18, 2014
Is this another none issue like before?
Message 7 of 26 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Feb 18, 2014

AKyemeni wrote:

It happened to me before the patch as well. 

Ok then. Maybe it was just bad luck. I will see.

Art by Janice Chu
Message 8 of 26 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3409 posts

Feb 18, 2014
I think op is right I used just a revolver class with el diablo and I was not getting ammo for shivs , molotovs , melee downs . I do get if for sar though . This needs to be looked at .
Message 9 of 26 (208 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2014

INCANGENERAL wrote:
I think op is right I used just a revolver class with el diablo and I was not getting ammo for shivs , molotovs , melee downs . I do get if for sar though . This needs to be looked at .

**bleep** this community is toxic. This right here either proves there is a major issue with revolver ammo drops, or it, perhaps it was oddly, purposefully done. Either way I'd love to hear an answer for it, and possibly a fix if it's an unintended glitch.

Message 10 of 26 (198 Views)
0 Likes