Message 41 of 50 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Re: Hunting rifle with no scope

Jun 24, 2013

Watanabe_ugo wrote:

King_Cobra97 wrote:

I never said it wouldn't be OP, In fact I said it would be. Then I said since the bow is very similar, wouldn't it be OP as well? 

The Bow isn't really as great for long distance or even short as the  campaign Rifle (both full upgrade) so nope, it don't think is OP

The thing that most people think the Bow is OP is because is silent you don't even know you being hit and then when you realize you dead, wait till everyone and their mothers unlock the silent upgrades for all loadout weapons, then every weapon will be OP (aside from the 9mm handgun lol)

But the MP bow is better than the MP hunting rifle at reload speed and rate of fire, so it is better at close range.

Silence helps the bow but it's still good in non-stealth situations.

Message 42 of 50 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4874 posts

Jun 24, 2013

King_Cobra97 wrote:

Watanabe_ugo wrote:

King_Cobra97 wrote:

I never said it wouldn't be OP, In fact I said it would be. Then I said since the bow is very similar, wouldn't it be OP as well? 

The Bow isn't really as great for long distance or even short as the  campaign Rifle (both full upgrade) so nope, it don't think is OP

The thing that most people think the Bow is OP is because is silent you don't even know you being hit and then when you realize you dead, wait till everyone and their mothers unlock the silent upgrades for all loadout weapons, then every weapon will be OP (aside from the 9mm handgun lol)

But the MP bow is better than the MP hunting rifle at reload speed and rate of fire, so it is better at close range.

The draw speed and the delay between shooting and actually hitting the target are what makes the bow balanced. It takes a little bit of patience and skill to do well with it.

Message 43 of 50 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17603 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

King_Cobra97 wrote:

Watanabe_ugo wrote:

King_Cobra97 wrote:

The draw speed and the delay between shooting and actually hitting the target are what makes the bow balanced. It takes a little bit of patience and skill to do well with it.

The Bow also costs 3 points and can only be upgraded once...

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 44 of 50 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4874 posts

Jun 24, 2013

scootgar wrote:
The Bow also costs 3 points and can only be upgraded once...

Oh yes it even costs more in the loadout, forgot about that. But it can be upgraded twice scoot. Smiley Wink

Message 45 of 50 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4821 posts

Jun 24, 2013

King_Cobra97 wrote:

Watanabe_ugo wrote:

King_Cobra97 wrote:

The bow however has travel distance, not to mention draw time.

tlousig2
Message 46 of 50 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

King_Cobra97 wrote:

Watanabe_ugo wrote:

King_Cobra97 wrote:

The draw speed isn't that bad on it, and it's not even there when upgraded to the max. compaired to the reload speed of the hunting rifle, it's not much.

The delay seems to be the only thing that balances it out. I'm not sure it's enough though.   

Message 47 of 50 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jun 24, 2013

I tried using the bow once myself.

I really suck at not hitting the ceiling or a roof.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 48 of 50 (163 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Re: Hunting rifle (scope-less)

Jun 24, 2013

I'd like to just shoot it naked like the SP. 

Message 49 of 50 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Re: Hunting rifle (scope-less)

Jun 24, 2013
It would be overpowered at close to medium range snipers are ment for long range
Message 50 of 50 (142 Views)
0 Likes