Jul 25 2013
By: TheFunnyMan-- Wastelander 699 posts

I Never Use the Semi-Auto

[ Edited ]
48 replies 667 views Edited Jul 26, 2013

Anyone else? 

Apparently that gun is OP and is the 'shiznit' of TLOU. Well, to be honest, I used the semi-auto maybe only 8 games (when i first started playing). I never use the gun. 

This is my take on the weapons, and then I will explain why I dont use the Semi-Auto

Hunting Rifle: Great Long Range, Alright Mid Range, Bad Close Range

Burst Rifle: Bad Long Range, Iffy Mid Range, AMAZING Close Range

Bow: Iffy Long Range (bc of arc and arrow travel), Good Mid Range, Good Close Range

Semi-Auto: Alright Long Range, Great Mid Range, Good Close Range

The Semi-Auto is the "Jack-of-All-Trades", but is only really dominant in mid range (but plenty of other guns can give it a run for its $ at mid range). The Semi is overall undoubtedly the best weapon, but other guns excel at the ranges that the semi is ok-good at. This is why I never use the Semi. I want a gun that has no match at a particular range (For example: hunting rifle for long, burst rifle for short).

When I use the burst rifle, I avoid mid-long rang fights (taking away the advantage Semi-Auto users would have on me). I force the enemy to come to me close range, or I flank and get right up on them. Either way I have the advantage bc I have the burst rifle which beats all of those at close range. 

Same thing applies for Hunting rifle, but at long range. 

The Bow is similar to Semi, so I dont use the bow a lot (I use to use it exclusively, but not anymore), unless I just want to make myself feel awesome by using a Bow. 

Now, the semi is def the best weapon bc it is good at any situation, but other guns can beat it at their special ranges. So, it takes more work and thinking to stay out of the Semis strong points, but if you get good at watching where you go (and good teamamtes always help) you can beat it. 

Just my thoughts. I dont think the Semi-Auto is OP.  I can go into more reasons why I dont use it and why I dont think its OP, but that is not needed nor is it the point of my thread. This is my opinion, fellers, what about yalls?

photo c2360113-3b52-4c69-8e36-3bb37cb9501c_zps713c8462.png
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 49 (667 Views)
I Only Post Everything
864 posts

Re: I Never Use the Semi-Auto

Jul 25, 2013

The SAR needs a slight reduction in its RoF and clip capacity. As-is you don't even need to upgrade the gun, just buy more rounds. It is too easy to double-tap and down someone with this gun. While I previously labled it a jack-of-all-trades weapon, it really is more then that. The gun has no weaknesses and dominates in CQC, medium, and even long-range. The fact all "competitive players" wh*re it out exclusively over any other weapon really speaks volumes about how good this gun is.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 49 (657 Views)
First Son
16 posts

Jul 25, 2013
The revolver is better than the semi-auto in nearly every aspect anyway. If any gun needs a nerf it's the revolver.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 49 (648 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Jul 25, 2013

Semi-Auto: Great Long Range, Great Mid Range, Great Close Range

Fixed.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 49 (641 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5295 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2013

my opinion is all guns are fine and people need to stop crying; btw this isn't directed at OP.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 49 (636 Views)
Fender Bender
3863 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2013

Why_Do_You_Camp wrote:
The revolver is better than the semi-auto in nearly every aspect anyway. If any gun needs a nerf it's the revolver.

This is a forum not a comedy show.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 49 (635 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Jul 25, 2013

I like the Hunting Rifle and it was my favorite gun when I played the single player. But the thing is, I'm just so dam n impatient, LOL. I'm more of a run and gun type of guy, I take a lot of chances so it's just really hard for me to sit back and snipe people.

Bow, omg I'm sorry but whenever I used this weapon, there were a lot of instances where I thought " I swear I hit that guy." I have nothing against this weapon but I think it's really hard to master and I'm not willing to go through that yet, lol. One day, I'll try again though, haha.

Burst Rifle, I really like this weapon. Nuff said, lol.

But the thing with Semi Auto, I think I use this weapon the most because in my opinion, it is the most balanced weapon of all.

I think, whatever suits your playstyle, you go with that weapon and for me, Burst and Semi are way to go.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 49 (633 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3215 posts

Jul 25, 2013

cdub420-- wrote:

The SAR needs a slight reduction in its RoF and clip capacity. As-is you don't even need to upgrade the gun, just buy more rounds. It is too easy to double-tap and down someone with this gun. While I previously labled it a jack-of-all-trades weapon, it really is more then that. The gun has no weaknesses and dominates in CQC, medium, and even long-range. The fact all "competitive players" wh*re it out exclusively over any other weapon really speaks volumes about how good this gun is.

Quoted for truth.

Why_Do_You_Camp wrote:

Trololol.

LIVESTREAMING The Last of Us and Uncharted 3!

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 49 (589 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Jul 25, 2013
@munnzy1: nice constructive reply there, maybe you should argue why it isn't next time buddy.

-The revolver is free

-The revolver has the same accuracy but a faster centre speed with the reticule in comparison to the SAR.

-Cheaper upgrades which can make its RoF as fast if not a tad slower (can't tell) than the SAR.

-More bullets

-Same damage

-Perk to increase zoom

The only advantage the SAR has over the revolver is clip size and the silencer, which aren't exactly game changers in supply raid anyway.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 49 (587 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Jul 25, 2013
TripleWRECK if you aren't going to give an argument back except say "trololol" then I think you should be using that description for yourself.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 49 (584 Views)
0 Likes