I Only Post Everything
1084 posts

Re: I Never Use the Semi-Auto

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2013

Why_Do_You_Camp wrote:
@munnzy1: nice constructive reply there, maybe you should argue why it isn't next time buddy.

-The revolver is free
-More bullets

The only advantage the SAR has over the revolver is clip size and the silencer, which aren't exactly game changers in supply raid anyway.

Wait...so which is it? The revolver has more bullets, but the SAR has larger clip size. Lols, contradictory there.

Also, please dont call them clips. That hurts my eyes to see. We arent in pre-WWI days. WE dont use stripper clips. We use magazines. Sorry. Just a pet peeve haha

photo c2360113-3b52-4c69-8e36-3bb37cb9501c_zps713c8462.png
Message 11 of 49 (450 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Jul 25, 2013
Yeah, but you don't spawn with a full mag with the SAR now do you? Hardly contradictory.

Message 12 of 49 (442 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1084 posts

Jul 25, 2013

Why_Do_You_Camp wrote:
Yeah, but you don't spawn with a full mag with the SAR now do you? Hardly contradictory.

You spawn with 7 bullets for revovler, and 7 bullets for SAR. They are the same. BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Message 13 of 49 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jul 25, 2013

TheFunnyMan-- wrote:

Anyone else? 

Apparently that gun is OP and is the 'shiznit' of TLOU. Well, to be honest, I used the semi-auto maybe only 8 games (when i first started playing). I never use the gun. 

This is my take on the weapons, and then I will explain why I dont use the Semi-Auto

Hunting Rifle: Great Long Range, Alright Mid Range, Bad Close Range

Burst Rifle: Bad Long Range, Iffy Mid Range, AMAZING Close Range

Bow: Iffy Long Range (bc of arc and arrow travel), Good Mid Range, Good Close Range

Semi-Auto: Alright Long Range, Great Mid Range, Good Close Range

The Semi-Auto is the "Jack-of-All-Trades", but is only really dominant in mid range (but plenty of other guns can give it a run for its $ at mid range). Whereas other guns excel at the ranges that the semi is ok at. This is why I never use the Semi. I want a gun that has no match at a particular range (For example: hunting rifle for long, burst rifle for short).

When I use the burst rifle, I avoid mid-long rang fights (taking away the advantage Semi-Auto users would have on me). I force the enemy to come to me close range, or I flank and get right up on them. Either way I have the advantage bc I have the burst rifle which beats all of those at close range. 

Same thing applies for Hunting rifle, but at long range. 

The Bow is similar to Semi, so I dont use the bow a lot (I use to use it exclusively, but not anymore), unless I just want to make myself feel awesome by using a Bow. 

Just my thoughts. I dont think the Semi-Auto is OP at all.  I can go into more reasons why I dont use it and why I dont think its OP, but that is not needed nor is it the point of my thread. This is my opinion, fellers, what about yalls?

The Semi-Auto is indeed OP, ill explain why:

Uncharted 3

Dragon Sniper - takes 2 hits to down

AK - takes 7 hits to down

M9 - takes 8 hits to down

How it should be^^

The last of us

Hunter Rifle -  takes two hits to down

Semi-Auto - takes 3 hits to down

Both games the sniper takes 2 hits, okay thats fair, but wait! On one game assault rifles take 7-8 hits to down, on the last of us it only takes ....3.... one less bullet than the slow bolt action sniper. it should at least be 4-5, at least 4. its the old FAL-SS of U3 all over again.

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 14 of 49 (434 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2013

Revolver upgraded twice: 11 bullets with the total cost of 800 parts.

Semi-Auto Rifle upgraded twice: 9 bullets with the total cost of 1200 parts. 

Yeah, considering they both do the same amount of damage I consider this a hefty advantage. 

Message 15 of 49 (432 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1084 posts

Jul 25, 2013

Upgraded 2 SAR really only 9 bullets?!? Further shows how I never use it lol

Message 16 of 49 (429 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1084 posts

Jul 25, 2013

Despur4do wrote:

The Semi-Auto is indeed OP, ill explain why:

Uncharted 3

Dragon Sniper - takes 2 hits to down

AK - takes 7 hits to down

M9 - takes 8 hits to down

How it should be^^

The last of us

Hunter Rifle -  takes two hits to down

Semi-Auto - takes 3 hits to down

Both games the sniper takes 2 hits, okay thats fair, but wait! On one game assault rifles take 7-8 hits to down, on the last of us it only takes ....3.... one less bullet than the slow bolt action sniper. it should at least be 4-5, at least 4. its the old FAL-SS of U3 all over again.

Thats pretty legitimate. But if the semi was changed to 4 shots to down...personally, I think that would be fine, but some unintended consequences could follow. 

Message 17 of 49 (422 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2013

Yes, that's ONE of the reasons I think the revolver is a better weapon, as it's a secondary that is free but has more bullets than a primary which can cost up to 4 LO points extra and both have extremely similar stats. 

Message 18 of 49 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jul 25, 2013

Why_Do_You_Camp wrote:

Yes, that's ONE of the reasons I think the revolver is a better weapon, as it's a secondary that is free but has more bullets than a primary which can cost up to 4 LO points extra and both have extremely similar stats. 

I cant hit $hit with the revolver for some reason. The feel of the aiming feels a bit sluggish but when sensitivity is turned up feels to fast. I have to use a hunter rifle scoped in or a shorty which is hard to miss with, lol.

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 19 of 49 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Jul 25, 2013

Despur4do wrote:

Why_Do_You_Camp wrote:

I cant hit $hit with the revolver for some reason. The feel of the aiming feels a bit sluggish but when sensitivity is turned up feels to fast. I have to use a hunter rifle scoped in or a shorty which is hard to miss with, lol.

That's because you are too busy smoke bombing people and shiving them.  Practice aiming.  

Message 20 of 49 (395 Views)
0 Likes