Welcoming Committee
13779 posts

Re: I Never Use the Semi-Auto

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Could you post a huge comparison of the SAR vs Everything?

:smileyhappy:

I'd love to put that together as a video in the near future, I think the community might find the results surprising. :smileywink:

Oh I know they will. or maybe they will say you lied and edited the video speed or something. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 31 of 49 (248 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1528 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:

Why_Do_You_Camp wrote:
TripleWRECK if you aren't going to give an argument back except say "trololol" then I think you should be using that description for yourself.

I don't have to give an argument on something so self-evident but I'll humor you:

According to you: "The revolver is better than the semi-auto in nearly every aspect anyway."

Now let's examine these two weapons. I did a quick test just for you, the values on the left are the Revolver and the values on the right are the SAR (base stats):

• Ammo capacity: 7/6 | 7/10
  • Rate-of-fire: 117.3rpm | 141.9rpm
  • Reload speed: 2.7s | 1.8s
  • Raise Time: 0.367s | 0.200s
  • Zoom: +0% | +25%

The results are conclusive: turns out the Revolver is better than the semi-auto in zero aspects. In fact the the only thing the Revolver has over the semi-auto is the fact that it's free (and that doesn't even really count for much in a direct comparison). So much for your previous assumption. Cheers!

Dude, you might wanna sit down for a little bit.  That **bleep** kicking was pretty instense.  Er, maybe lie down, not sit down...

Message 32 of 49 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jul 26, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I'd love to put that together as a video in the near future, I think the community might find the results surprising. :smileywink:

End result, the miltary rifle owns all other weapons.

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 33 of 49 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Jul 26, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:

Why_Do_You_Camp wrote:
TripleWRECK if you aren't going to give an argument back except say "trololol" then I think you should be using that description for yourself.

I don't have to give an argument on something so self-evident but I'll humor you:

According to you: "The revolver is better than the semi-auto in nearly every aspect anyway."

Now let's examine these two weapons. I did a quick test just for you, the values on the left are the Revolver and the values on the right are the SAR (base stats):

The results are conclusive: turns out the Revolver is better than the semi-auto in zero aspects. In fact the the only thing the Revolver has over the semi-auto is the fact that it's free (and that doesn't even really count for much in a direct comparison). So much for your previous assumption. Cheers!

Holy geezuz.  Great post!  Lmao.

www.youtube.com/redhamuSLA - Eff your butt.
Message 34 of 49 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Jul 26, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:

Why_Do_You_Camp wrote:

Revolver's reloading is one bullet per time, so the reloading time is kind of wrong. But anyways, the revolver IS worse than the Semi-Auto, the guy who said otherwise is an idiot.

Message 35 of 49 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

tripleWRECK wrote:

Why_Do_You_Camp wrote:

That would be unfair, considering that the potential of each weapon is different. Comparing the Huntig Rifle's stat to the revolver's, the revolver theoretically  wins. 

Message 36 of 49 (188 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Jul 26, 2013

The revolver, performance-wise, is in no way better then the SAR. I don't know how somebody could seriously say that.

Message 37 of 49 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16348 posts

Jul 26, 2013

redhamuSLA wrote:

tripleWRECK wrote:

Why_Do_You_Camp wrote:

Holy geezuz.  Great post!  Lmao.

Cost:  Revolver: 0

Cost: SAR: 2

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 38 of 49 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Jul 26, 2013

Why_Do_You_Camp wrote:
@munnzy1: nice constructive reply there, maybe you should argue why it isn't next time buddy.

-The revolver is free

-The revolver has the same accuracy but a faster centre speed with the reticule in comparison to the SAR.

-Cheaper upgrades which can make its RoF as fast if not a tad slower (can't tell) than the SAR.

-More bullets

-Same damage

-Perk to increase zoom

The only advantage the SAR has over the revolver is clip size and the silencer, which aren't exactly game changers in supply raid anyway.

tripleWRECK wrote:

Why_Do_You_Camp wrote:

The results are conclusive: turns out the Revolver is better than the semi-auto in zero aspects. In fact the the only thing the Revolver has over the semi-auto is the fact that it's free (and that doesn't even really count for much in a direct comparison). So much for your previous assumption. Cheers!

triple stole my post! ;-)

Message 39 of 49 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2013

@tripleWreck

Looking forward to a hunting rifle stat break down on raise time etc. versus the upgraded levels. Any news on when we can except this sort of stuff or you just planning/investigating still?

>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 40 of 49 (164 Views)
0 Likes