Fender Bender
3247 posts

Re: I Never Use the Semi-Auto

Jul 26, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Oh I know they will. or maybe they will say you lied and edited the video speed or something. Smiley Very Happy

Haha you never know around here. Smiley Very Happy

lol741 wrote:

Revolver's reloading is one bullet per time, so the reloading time is kind of wrong. But anyways, the revolver IS worse than the Semi-Auto, the guy who said otherwise is an idiot.

Yeah I know, the reload time I provided was for reloading all 6 shots. Potentially it can be shorter and when used strategically, more beneficial. However relative to the SAR's reload you still are reloading less shots in roughly the same amount of time.

VironZZ wrote:

@tripleWreck

Looking forward to a hunting rifle stat break down on raise time etc. versus the upgraded levels. Any news on when we can except this sort of stuff or you just planning/investigating still?

Indeed I am interested in taking a look at the HR's stats through its upgrades, perhaps that'll be done in a specific video for the HR not sure yet. But yeah I'm going to try and work on some of these as soon as I can, busy with some personal/family stuff for a couple weeks and then I'm going to see what I can do.

Thanks for all the interest and support! Smiley Happy

Message 41 of 49 (298 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2013

That's understandable bro, I will help out in any fashion to have the hunting rifle brought to the attention of Naughty Dog, I want the weapon (and the role it takes the player) to play more of key element in the games instead of a start game backburner. Your breakdowns will be a great start for a more solid footing in these things (evidence) instead of nerf weapon x for y reason etc. (stuff to that extent, as many vets say - we don't want a UC weapon repeat).

Looking forward to it dude.

>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 42 of 49 (295 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1841 posts

Jul 26, 2013
Would love the Hunting rifle to get some love. It does the same damage as a bow at low range. Is that not bizarre?

Maybe make it an effective sniper rifle and at a great distance (ie small target) have upper chest a down. But within a certain distance have the damage as it is now
Killzone 2 userbar
Message 43 of 49 (284 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1084 posts

Jul 27, 2013

Screw you TripleWreck. Taking over my thread. CURSES. 

photo c2360113-3b52-4c69-8e36-3bb37cb9501c_zps713c8462.png
Message 44 of 49 (270 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jul 27, 2013

Why are you all ignoring the fact that the revolver ammunition is a good deal cheaper than the SAR? in conjunction with the fact that it's free, this makes it better for a couple of reasons:

- spare loadout points to use on better perks or purchaseables

- cheaper ammo makes for an increase in the number of armor purchases(resulting in less downs over time)

- can ammo spam even when no tool boxes are present (cheaper cheaper)

the range effectiveness SAR is negligible compared to the revolver, and eliminated when you spend the 1 point of pistol zoom, which still leaves you with 1 extra loadout point and effectively a 6 shot free SAR

The only reason to use the SAR is if it's suppressed. if you plan on using it naked then you might as well put it away all together and just use a revolver with Pistol Zoom 1 for the same effect.

True story.

Thread Victory.

Message 45 of 49 (244 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jul 27, 2013

having played a fairly large amount of games now, I can confidently say it's a dumb gun. the rest are fine, but the HR seems a bit weak in comparison

Message 46 of 49 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
639 posts

Jul 27, 2013

The Semi Auto reminds me of Uncharted.

Its the ONLY weapon that can kill you behind cover. Rendering the thing entirely pointless. 

Message 47 of 49 (216 Views)
Gaming Beast
2355 posts

Jul 27, 2013

TwinSnakes89 wrote:

The Semi Auto reminds me of Uncharted.

Its the ONLY weapon that can kill you behind cover. Rendering the thing entirely pointless. 

pretty much this. no other gun really clips me when i run behind cover

derrick,rose,nba,all,star,signature,sig,lol,nbamixeswk
Message 48 of 49 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Jul 30, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:

Why_Do_You_Camp wrote:
TripleWRECK if you aren't going to give an argument back except say "trololol" then I think you should be using that description for yourself.

I don't have to give an argument on something so self-evident but I'll humor you:

According to you: "The revolver is better than the semi-auto in nearly every aspect anyway."

Now let's examine these two weapons. I did a quick test just for you, the values on the left are the Revolver and the values on the right are the SAR (base stats):

• Ammo capacity: 7/6 | 7/10
  • Rate-of-fire: 117.3rpm | 141.9rpm
  • Reload speed: 2.7s | 1.8s
  • Raise Time: 0.367s | 0.200s
  • Zoom: +0% | +25%

The results are conclusive: turns out the Revolver is better than the semi-auto in zero aspects. In fact the the only thing the Revolver has over the semi-auto is the fact that it's free (and that doesn't even really count for much in a direct comparison). So much for your previous assumption. Cheers!

Did you go to a private match and timed all this?

photo c3a7dc9b-c276-47cd-8091-3c765dad38a1_zps9a60337e.jpg
Message 49 of 49 (140 Views)
0 Likes