Oct 12 2013
By: Sentiel Lombax Warrior 193 posts

I am a hacker?

9 replies 313 views Edited Oct 12, 2013

Funny topic title, but I'll tell you a spoiler right here. I'm not a hacker.

Although I was called that twice today and for a good reason.

Me and my friend played Survivors on Bill's Town when the game decided to enter FUBAR mode.

Soon after the round started, the screen went black and the round restarted. Everything was normal until I noticed my team isn't moving. No sight of the enemy team as well. I made my way to enemy team's spawn where I saw four red names floating in the air. No bodies, no sound, nothing.

O_O

I tried attacking them to find out that they can be killed. The whole thing repeated itself the next round, so I tried various things on the enemy team. Meanwhile I noticed my team dying, so I asked my friend what's up and he told me I'm a ghost.

Not sure what he meant, but he described my situation before I could tell him anything, saying it happened to him as well.

I used this temporary advantage to kill off the enemy team to end the game. After the end, I got a few hatemails calling me a cheater and a hacker. Understandable, I would do the same if I were in their place.

It hasn't happened since.

Anybody knows what the hell happened?

Message 1 of 10 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6316 posts

Re: I am a hacker?

Oct 12, 2013

hacker reported

photo Sniper.png
Message 2 of 10 (310 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3722 posts

Oct 12, 2013
Seems a lot like the old Uncharted 2 spawn glitch.
Message 3 of 10 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Oct 12, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:

So it is something known then?

You see the game freezes up often (once, or twice per day), acts strange at times, like empty supply boxes, invulnerable enemies, teleporting etc.

Each time something like this happens I worry for my poor old PS3. Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 10 (296 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2183 posts

Oct 12, 2013

Sentiel wrote:

Meanwhile I noticed my team dying, so I asked my friend what's up and he told me I'm a ghost.

For those that turn into a ghost I call them "Casper, the unfriendly ghost" Smiley Very Happy

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||Twitch: L_A_White_Boy ||
Message 5 of 10 (278 Views)
Survivor
2432 posts

Oct 13, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:

I remember this one fondly... It would appear that nearly everyone was frozen in place, athough you might see the occasional ally or enemy moving. The whole match was essentially running around killing each other where you spawned in. Best part is when your ghost teammate gets to the spawn cluster at the same time, and you see magic bullets striking the almost-corpses, then you steal the kills from them with a 'nade, and you hear "what the... ?" through their microphone... VURRY funny!! Smiley LOL lol Smiley LOL

Photobucket
Message 6 of 10 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11241 posts

Oct 14, 2013
Same thing happened to me in Uncharted 3, though, after a few seconds everything came back to normal and i was dead.

I believe i was lagging, not sure how i froze everyone, the map was Fort and i killed all five enemies with headshots, when everything came back to normal none of them died by me, but my friend told me he saw me in the kill feed.

I don't know man... it was so **bleep** awkward, expect the impossible from ND games.

Message 7 of 10 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
711 posts

Oct 14, 2013
This has happened to me before. I'm not sure what causes it but it seems to happen in survivors only
Message 8 of 10 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Oct 14, 2013

Everyone hacks in their own way...

Message 9 of 10 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Oct 14, 2013

I had the weirdest glitch happen yesterday.  I was playing Supply Raid no parties.  My team was up something like 12-4 on University.  But then some eerie alternate universe sh!t happened.  All three of my random teammates disappeared and two player from the other team also vanished.  5 players just vanished at the same time.  Poof.  Gone.  It was spooky quiet. 

So the score was 9-0 with the other team only have one life left.  I had a 2-hit nail stick and swung twice both connecting, but the other guy didn't go down.  In fact, when I swung twice, my nail stick became a regular 2x4 so the game did acknowledge I was hitting the guy.  He ended killing me.  It turns out I couldn't damage him.  Bomb,  bullet, nail stick.  All damage wasn't registering.  Yes I could have hid and or run away and not have lost any lives, but I wanted to see if it was possible to damage/kill the guy.  Nothing registered.  I ended instead of going 7-0, ended winning 6-5.

Anybody have this happen?

Message 10 of 10 (121 Views)
0 Likes